Author Topic: Suno: Legend of the Incredibly Stupid Defenders  (Read 3259 times)

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
Re: Suno: Legend of the Incredibly Stupid Defenders
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 04:39:55 am »
+3
it was indeed a pub defense so you should have taken the time to convince the less fortunate minded on this world like panbububububu that your plan would work , and explain why it would work. now you just got tked because they totally misinterpeted your intentions. im glad thow, i was on attacking side, would have hated to fight that full plate army in the open  :mrgreen:

For the record, I completely agree with the concept of "don't try complex strategies with a pug".

This wasn't like "form up, march in a staggered line formation, then wheel 45 degrees to the right and attack in a wedge formation upon the enemy spawn".

This was "open the door and go outside".  Doesn't get any simpler than that.

The only reason it didn't work was ONE person decided to stop the rest of the team.  When I first went up to open the gate, there were 10 people standing at the gate waiting to rush out.  Once you get momentum rolling on these types of things, that usually carries the day.  Saracen single-handedly broke the momentum and gave away the town.

What I really want out of this thread, though, is just for more people to think about "we have many; they have few.  Should we REALLY be sitting in the castle, fighting on narrow walls?"

In my experience, PUG plans can work if you can just get a dozen people to go along with it.  If just a few people had realized the possibilities and spoken up with me, we probably could have talked Saracen down from his perch (or at least had some cooperation in kicking him away).

So to the people of Strategus battles, I ask:
Who can prevent travesties like this from occurring again?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 04:48:57 am »
+1
yes pugs can go right, ive had the priveledge of leading eu1 sometimes and acually having people listen, but as a pug leader you really need to interpet the situation right, and from what i can conclude with the fractional information and reading the server chat while we were in the actual battle, you did have a plan , but tried to force it while u still had an obstical to pass, i must say eventhow you would have tried it differentley panbaba the unwise probably wouldnt have budged out of pure stubborness, but the way it went now, well history can tell it ":) you basicly opened the gates to an attack while you had a rebbelion to hush  inside (in a sense), i know you had the best intentions but it worked counter productive. gl next time. godspeed good sir. :wink:

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 07:31:18 am »
Your plan seems good, but the audience wasn't very good. In my opinion it's completely useless to even try to get some strategy when you are just one guy defending an AI castle/city. You need to have at least 10 people with you on same TS, actually doing stuff. If they charge with you, the randomers are likely to join in.

After all, randomers gonna random.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 03:00:45 pm »
Your plan seems good, but the audience wasn't very good.
Audience has never been good. Take this into account next time slamz. It all seems like a tragic incident what has happened, rather than a foolproof strategy.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline AllTimeFail

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Warboss Caramel's Boyz
  • Game nicks: Warboss_Caramel, Sir_Caramel_Macchiato, Lady_White_Mocha,
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 10:51:54 pm »
this reaction was uncalled for , and smells like butthurt, full plate is fullplate, loomed or not

Aren't you guys from the same faction? Or am I reading this wrong? Why were you arguing?
ECONOMYGOBBLINGROWEROFGOODS 2016 NEVER FORGET

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 12:27:55 am »
+2
Because they disagreed? That can happen sometimes. :o
Don't.

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 02:18:45 am »
+4
Slamz, I owe you an apology,I did not see in the chat that you were saying to sally out thats why I attacked you several times.
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 03:51:21 am »
So good job to Saracen_Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba and his few supporters.  You helped re-enact the Persian side of the Battle of Thermopylae and cost us an easy victory over the Grays.  You win the Dunce of the Year Award.

It is hard coded in the DNA of the decendents of the persians to charge into defensive formations in bottle neck positions and be slaughtered, like its in the DNA of a lemming to jump off a cliff to their death.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 04:03:23 am »
+1
Next time that happens Slamz if I'm on we can build a catapult and smash our own wall. Then they will have to sally forth!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 04:52:00 am »
It's quite possible to get randomers to use strategy.

Just spam "RUSH THEM YOU bundle of sticksS" in chat. Or variations. "RUSH THEM THROUGH THE GATE". Just use all caps and do it over and over again.

People will listen. And, of course, that little group of people you might have in your TS can act as the core around which a proper strategy can form.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 02:40:50 pm »
Result of the Battle of Suno, wasn't an obvious mistake of defensers. This was due to several factors. I think one of the primary was just type of armor. People are not accustomed to a full plate. Too heavy armor very limited ability to move, and in addition gives a false sense of security. The fight on the narrow walls, is very difficult to fight using outnumbered. The crowd of tanks condensed into a small space is an ideal target for archers and crossbowmen. Abandoning the walls, it is  not an option. Attack through the open gate, is also not a good solution because we were ready for it (heavy horses in great quantities). I must admit that fighting against us is never easy for anyone, because we are a harmonious organization where everyone has a designated task, commanders are experienced, disciplined people, we always have full communication (TS is a must) If oponent apply tactics, we always have a ready solutions. To win, you must force us to make a mistake.

See you at the next battle, which I hope will give a pleasant entertainment, and a lot of XP for everyone  :)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 02:48:25 pm »
+1
How about we forbid NA to play on EU AI sieges, and vice versa?

Then no complaint from either side and if AI side loses then we have only ourselves to blame instead of blaming NA players with 60 deaths(Bootsy_Knight_of_TKoV) and 30 kills.

Some of you NA are at least decent enough to stay away from combat and focus on saboutaging the enemy's efforts by destroying ladders etc. And some of you can even play with 130 ping, like Maim who got a pretty good k/d(which is what matters, not that you're on "top" of scoreboard).

Or a less radical and extremist solution: Prioritize people with high reliability and performance first and then people with 30+ level. This way, both NA and EU players will defend AI battles and will most likely do a good job instead of people who are just looking to get exp at lvl 21 because they're too lazy.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2012, 05:06:31 pm »
When I play EU sieges, normally I just sit back with my xbow and pew pew for an hour and a half, I also participate in the construction and ladder placement. Im mostly go 1-1 normally i dont have a god awful KD, like at the last AI defense i participated in.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 07:48:22 pm »
+1
Yeah I like to just grab jarids and throw at people on ladders and can get respectable scores.

Melee is really tough tho, the ping for me is 110 which is actually decent, but real prob is defenders get shitty gear vs UIF usually bringing nice gear. As a 1h I always seem to get stuck with long espada, which is an elegant dueling sword for open fighting but sucks balls when you need to hack point blank at people people with 60+ armour in a dirty walltop/breach clusterfight or a tight alleyway. Meanwhile alliance like UIF has all these dudes smashing running into you with a +3 great maul, laughing at your espada.

If any dev is reading this pls tweak NPC defend weapons, for castles and cities especially they should get a short weapon like a short style axe, steel pick, warhammer, italian falchion, etc. as well as a long one like a long espada or nordic champ. I'm sure polearm/2h would like similar choice, more variety of length and style.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 08:06:22 pm »
Yeah seen some polearms that were way too long for close quarter sieges.  And the AI defense should be buying 1h weapons that are short, quick, and do pierce or blunt damage.  Long cutting weapons suck for sieges.

Also was part of one where there was only plate armor, so the archers didn't have any armor.
 - Stolen from Macropussy