Author Topic: Siege equipment and Siege servers "Now a political campaign"  (Read 6964 times)

Offline tillmash

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UB
Siege equipment and Siege servers "Now a political campaign"
« on: March 11, 2012, 10:45:00 am »
+25
Hello fellow community,
A few of my clan members, including me, have decided to take up the art of siege. To run hardcore and structured drills, training us in the rapid assembly of the equipment. Me and my clan members can construct a chest, build a catapult, and be ready to fire, in just under three minutes. I dare say we are the most efficient siege team around. With even more crew members we can cut this time in half.

The problem, we are not allowed to use this efficiancy and skill in battle, or should i say siege.
I think you all know the rules about siege already, but i'll put them here to prove a point:

No siege equipment spam

OK: Planting ladders to get to roofs or walls
    OK: Blocking a door with a construction site
    OK: Planting siege shields to provide cover from ranged fire
    NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack and spawning more than a few items to block movement

Ok, pretty obvious rules, don't be a tard. My team do not do this, yet we still end up being kicked from every server, because we are apparently leeching.
So here are the leeching rules:
No leeching

OK: Being a bad player and getting no kills
    NOT OK: Standing around away from keyboard. If you're away, switch to spectator mode
    NOT OK: Running around naked without weapon. Not contributing is leeching, naked runners don't contribute.
    NOT OK: Autorunning your char to enemy to die

Non of which me or my crew are doing, so no leeching.

Then why is it that certian members of my construction crew get kicked, or get banned from every server. It is called SIEGE equipment for a reason. When every player on the server calls us leechers and destroys our equipment, all they are doing is wasting more time.

I say leave the siege crews alone, if they are activley building, they are not leeching. Just because siege equipment is a rarity does not mean that it is against server rules. The crew and I have invested alot of money into this project, but all we get is aggro about leeching.

Here is a nice little rule regarding all of the self proclaimed "leecher police"
NOT OK: poll-kicking someone because you don't like his playstyle
When we are doing this, this is the only rule being broken, and it is not by the siege crew.

All I ask is for some respect, and a chance to prove the worth of our siege crew, without being hassled every other second.

Please, post your opinion on this matter, and let us have some clarifaction.
Up vote this post if you agree, and support the cause.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:20:35 pm by tillmash »

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Siege equipment and Siege servers
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 10:51:26 am »
+5
I just played on EU2 and some guys were building a catapult and shooting it and a guy started to destroy their stuff and they got kicked by admin for leeching or greifing their team. WTF?

Offline tillmash

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 11:33:25 am »
Hello, that was us, thank you for noticing and supporting our cause.
I hope that more people like you will understand what we are doing instead of accusing us.

We are the "UB" clan, probably seen us around, I know we have seen you.

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:36:55 am »
+1
When every player on the server calls us leechers and destroys our equipment, all they are doing is wasting more time.

Read that part again.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 11:40:57 am »
Catapults doesn't do damage to normal castles (only to strategus castles)not sure though? so it's useless to build/use catapults and it's right to call you as leechers because you are not helping your team.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tillmash

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 11:44:09 am »
We know they do not damage castles, but we use them to kill people.

To prove our efficancy, we just hit our new constuction record from the start of building the rack, to the catapult rising out of the ground.

New record : 2:15mins

That is almost no time at all compared to the length of a siege round, from then on the catapult is free to pick people off of the top of castles.
In fact people spend more time being dead that 2:15 during a round, so what we are doing is no where near a waste of time.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 11:46:21 am by tillmash »

Offline tillmash

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 01:09:10 pm »
+1
From doing some drills on the duel server earlier, it is clear that there is alot of support for our cause.
But, what has become obvious is that people views of catapults and siege crews have been tainted by terrible users. Unfortuantley this has led people to believe that all siege crews are terrible, leeching, wastes of time. Which could not be further from the truth.

I propose a campaign, of the political kind, to see if we can break the prejudice directed towards siege crews.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Re: Siege equipment and Siege servers "Now a political campaign"
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 01:40:34 pm »
As long as there is no siege-mode where you can actually use catapults (And i don't think there will be one, besides the one in strat) you are just not helping your team. There is no way you can be that effective with a catapult...
So, how many enemies did you kill with them?

Offline tillmash

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 01:44:30 pm »
As long as there is no siege-mode where you can actually use catapults (And i don't think there will be one, besides the one in strat) you are just not helping your team. There is no way you can be that effective with a catapult...
So, how many enemies did you kill with them?

This unfortuantley, i cannot answer, as we have never successfully managed to construct a catapult in a siege game without getting kicked, banned or having our stuff broken. But from our drills i can tell you that we are about 85% percent accurate and can hit most designate targets within the first shot.
As i have said beofore, the crew has not been given a chance to prove their worth, and without the chance people like you will continue to be nay-sayers.

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 01:51:01 pm »
+4
Siege crews seem pretty cool. I don't see any problem with having a few guys specialized in support.

Offline tillmash

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 01:54:30 pm »
+1
Siege crews seem pretty cool. I don't see any problem with having a few guys specialized in support.

Thank you, that is exactley what we are aiming for, if only more people would see reason like you.
As long as we don't end up with half a team constructing siege equipment, maybe just 2-5 then players it stays in balance.

In my view it also adds another tactical objective as the siege camp would cause a lot of hassle, so must be destroyed.

Offline Zandieer

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 01:59:03 pm »
Tillmash, if your team ever needs a guard, you can ask me (Lidija) for help :D

Offline autobus

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 598
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bartering Brigade "Black Tea"
  • Game nicks: Autobus, Shushu, Samodur
  • IRC nick: Autobus
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 01:59:58 pm »
So you are 5(?) men which are completely useless for 3 minutes, not doing a thing to aid your team and after that you are as useful as 1/3 of a single crossbowman?

I'd ban for that.

Offline tillmash

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 02:05:39 pm »
+2
So you are 5(?) men which are completely useless for 3 minutes, not doing a thing to aid your team and after that you are as useful as 1/3 of a single crossbowman?

I'd ban for that.

Wrong, my little clan that i roll with is only about 6 people. Only 2 or 3 members of which actually participate in the siege crew.
And once again, it is impossible to say what our crew effectiveness is as we have never been given a chance.
It also only takes us 2:15 to get a fully workign siege camp going now including the catapult being operational.
That is no time at all.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:08:29 pm by tillmash »

Offline tillmash

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 02:07:54 pm »
+1
Tillmash, if your team ever needs a guard, you can ask me (Lidija) for help :D

You are very kind, if we ever come across you during a battle we will make sure to give ya a shout.

That is, if we ever manage to break this prejudice against siege crews, and are able to stay on a server for more than 1 and a half minuites without being kicked for "leeching"

Your support is greatly appreciated.