Author Topic: Shik town siege test  (Read 3825 times)

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
Shik town siege test
« on: September 12, 2011, 02:08:14 am »
That was actually very entertaining!  :)

Nice equipment, we saw 2 maybe 3 catapult from the attacker, 1 siege tower (thought it seem the driver were drunk)

Defender had regular crossbow!

The fight was 20000 vs 20000, result was survivor 0 for the attacker, 17 for the defender!  :D

Grats to the attacking players that stayed all the way to the end, this native town siege map is a bitch...

Here's the near final scoreboard (Little braggin right for me! Best K/D ratio, sWalker i'm coming for you!)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
Re: Shik town siege test
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 02:20:35 am »
3 of the top 5 are LLJK? What is the world coming to.

Fun siege for the most part, gear needs a tad tweaking. We ran out of 2h'ers completely around 1k tickets left maybe? Crossbows went away very early as well but we had a ton of left over bolts.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 02:26:47 am »
I thought the weapon and armour selection was fairly good, except for a lack of pierce weapons which made the initial plate armour rush hard to deal with. And yeah, crossbows ran out pretty quick - only 300 or so were bought.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 02:30:44 am »
o really?  :o

Funny I got one on my back in the screenshot!  :wink:

As far as archery go, didn't see any problem. Thought I might have been a bit too focused on pillaging the battlefield for ammunition or other weapon as I didn't die very often.
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 02:36:15 am »
Best part of the Siege:

As can be expected, the Siege Tower attack did not go well. I managed to jump off the ramp back onto the wall just as it collapsed.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 02:38:06 am by Slantedfloors »

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 02:58:53 am »
I loved the seige, tho some guy called El_Toro supported by LLJK got me kicked when I told my team not to jump down and charge. I came back in and asked why they kicked me and they just told me that I was a bitch and my old friend archer ect. In the end they ban polled me without be saying anything else about them jumping down and I got banned.

Stuff like that just pisses me off.

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 03:01:59 am »
I loved the seige, tho some guy called El_Toro supported by LLJK got me kicked when I told my team not to jump down and charge. I came back in and asked why they kicked me and they just told me that I was a bitch and my old friend archer ect. In the end they ban polled me without be saying anything else about them jumping down and I got banned.
It's because you were demanding people stop doing the action that was actually winning us the battle and attempting to obstruct the movement required to do that action.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 03:12:32 am »
I was not demanding them to stop it, I was telling them that we were wasting our tickets by doing so. Did you notice that our tickets went down drastically after people started charging down?

The score was 8000-16000 at one point. In the end it was 500-1000. Which means that at one point were in the lead with 8000 and later on we were just leading with 500. That means that they were gaining on us really much and if people had started jumping down maybe 15 minutes earlier we would have lost.

I was simply trying to stop us from losing and in return I got instulted and banned.

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 03:15:17 am »
2 things:

1) No one wants to waste 16 hours waiting for ten archers to kill 10,000 tickets
2) It was a test battle. "Winning" doesn't actually matter.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 03:33:43 am »
1. It took us ca one hour to take down 12000 tickets, so I would presume that it would maybe take another 45 min to take down the rest 8000 instead of the 30 min it took when people charged.
2. Yes it was a test battle, and winning did not matter, but as in any game winning is kinda the goal. In pretty much any game you want to win, but you do not gain anything in some except the satisfaction of winning. Like if you are dueling someone on a duel server, winning will not give you anything, but you still want to win simply because that is the goal. If the duel last for too long you don`t give up, do you?

Anyways, if someone thinks that charging out is pointless and is against it does it really mean that you should insult him and get him banned? It made me lose the respect of LLJK, when someone have another opinion then them, they start insulting him and start a ban poll. Some player have no idea what is going on and press 1 or 2 randomly, but because a lot of people in LLJK where on they can easily manipulate the outcome to their likings.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 03:35:34 am »
1. It took us ca one hour to take down 12000 tickets, so I would presume that it would maybe take another 45 min to take down the rest 8000 instead of the 30 min it took when people charged.
2. Yes it was a test battle, and winning did not matter, but as in any game winning is kinda the goal. In pretty much any game you want to win, but you do not gain anything in some except the satisfaction of winning. Like if you are dueling someone on a duel server, winning will not give you anything, but you still want to win simply because that is the goal. If the duel last for too long you don`t give up, do you?

Anyways, if someone thinks that charging out is pointless and is against it does it really mean that you should insult him and get him banned? It made me lose the respect of LLJK, when someone have another opinion then them, they start insulting him and start a ban poll. Some player have no idea what is going on and press 1 or 2 randomly, but because a lot of people in LLJK where on they can easily manipulate the outcome to their likings.
lol you don't know LLJK do you?

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Apsod

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 03:40:02 am »
I have heard about them, but I do not know much about them. I know how they act now tho.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 03:54:47 am »
Thanks for jumping down, you guys were raping us before then since you had twice as many ranged with us spawning right in front of you and with only a small section of wall to cover.  I can't tell you how many times I saw people jump downa dn instantly die from the fall.  Taking aside dumb neutral city defense strategies, it would have taken 35,000 to take this city instead of just 20500, which is fine. 

One thing - way too many bows and xbows.  Yes, you need all those bolts and arrows, but they should actually have to reuse ranged weapons and not just continually spawn and never run out.  Only reason xbows finally ran out was that every non-archer spawned with one and was shooting from the walls, which is why you shouldn't have excessive xbows, 70 ranged behind a city wall like that is nie on impossible if they actually know what they are doing as they don't need to aim very well to hit, but you need precision aiming to hit them behind the crenellations.

P.S. Just wanted to give a shot out to our top player - BIRD clan!!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 03:56:02 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 03:59:41 am »
I have heard about them, but I do not know much about them. I know how they act now tho.
That's cool. We'll add you to the list of people who opinions we don't give a shit about.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 04:21:32 am »
Like you give a shit about people that are not on your "list". I was clearly not on that "list" of yours eariler, but you still didn`t give a shit about my opinions, or actually you did. You gave me a shit storm when I opened my mouth. At least now you wont give a shit so I can open my mouth without getting banned and instulted.

You know what? I am just gonna leave this discussion. LLJK has showed me what they will do to get it their ways and how low standards they have. The ways they behave are almost identical to what you would find in most MMO`s. They are all just a bunch of trolls. Nuff said.