• Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
Re: DTV
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 10:56:29 am »
+5
WESTILLNEEDTOVALIDATEIFTHOSENEWVALUESMAKESENSEANDARENEITHEROVERPOWEREDANDUNDERPOWEREDIHOPEYOUUNDERSTAND

Offline TomMyyY

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_TomMyyY
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 11:00:06 am »
+1
MANTHATISANNOYING

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 11:00:19 am »
DTV Y U NO GIVE XP

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 11:05:20 am »
DTV YUNOGIVEXP

fixed.  sheesh,  get youre shit straight ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KILLFACE

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 11:10:19 am »
Forget that. That dont bother me. WTF why is with the wench standing in the middle of a field? either make it so the game mode is separate to classic DTV, get rid of this hairy bollocks n change it back, or make it so the wench is moveable to a defensable position where its possible to get up a shieldwall.
If you even think about beating me you should wake up and apologize.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 11:17:34 am »
fixed.  sheesh,  get youre shit straight ^^

:(

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 11:20:45 am »
DTV was all about finding an exploitable place and camping it with your x5.

This has been fixed.

Also, give some feedback on the reward, we need to know if it's too high or too low.

Offline KILLFACE

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 11:41:38 am »
WRONG. I only ever did that after a couple hours of frustrating noob teams that skirmished then wondered why they dident make it past x3 so I could make back my repair costs. I prefered defend because could do the team thing and get up a shieldwall and not stand in the middle of a field. thats what idiots do. And to fix something means you made it better. You did not make it better therefore it was not fixed. At least make it so the wench is moveable as that'd both get rid of glitchers and make it so we can get up a defensive position. Battle srvrs are for fighting in that playstyle not defend srvrs. If we all fought like that Humans'd still be living in caves IF alive. And also. I played defend quite often. People'd quite often skirmish like noobs. occasionally defend like a team, and occasionally Id see a few guys glitching and theyd get kickvoted after a certain amount of people joined.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:50:15 am by KILLFACE »

Offline KILLFACE

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 11:47:43 am »
I also live a few thousand k's away dude. Theres no AUS defend srvrs at the moment and I cant afford to make one for a while. I can still do the team thing with 500 ping. Melee is not quite possible with that much ping as he stands there for a sec or 2 after I press button.

Offline SkyrayFox

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: SkyrayFox
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 11:52:53 am »
Right now the new version of DTV its pretty stupid. I don't know how many different tactics you can think of for defending middle of nowhere but this just isn't fun. You should be able to at least move to a different defensive position.

Before we actually had to work for the multiplier by holding against (a lot) of harder enemies. Any team without a proper shield wall wouldn't survive even peasant waves. Any hesitation on the part of the shielders would mean death to all teammates.

Now there is no teamwork at all. There is no teamwork because there is no opportunity for teamwork, you took it all away.

Also, this:

It's hard to form an opinion with it when it isn't actually being transferred to your account.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:59:58 am by SkyrayFox »

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 11:58:49 am »
+2
Also, give some feedback on the reward, we need to know if it's too high or too low.

It's hard to form an opinion with it when it isn't actually being transferred to your account.
Don't.

Offline Dumertone

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: iFail
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 12:11:59 pm »
Actually, I joined DtV server couple about 15 mins ago, and ppl there were fighting ENGINEERS. I've never seen engineers myself, even though I used to pike&camp and other activities. This show, that it is POSSIBLE to make it.

Constructive:

Pros:
* No glitching anymore - only TRUE teamwork will lead you to success.
* It's sometimes kinda easier than it used to be - bots blindly charge to the virgin, leaving backs open. So if there are 4 good shielders on the server, they can make a ring around virgin, while other teammates backstab stupid bots.
* New reward system? Hope it smth better than 1\2 gold\exp + full repair costs, lol.

Cons:
* Some classes now have rly hard time - I'm a crossbowman myself, and there is no safe place anymore to reload (and if there are some, they're too far away from action)
* "Ballast" newbies are now extra pain in the ass - as we all know, more ppl on serv=more bots spawned. So if before there was a place, where team could BOTH hide newbs and relatively safe destroy "their" share of bots, now, if your team has even 2-3 peasants - ye're SCREWED, as now you have to fight those "extra" bots in the open + newbs die real quick
* Heavy infantry MUCH desired - now if you don't have these guys in your team, you can't count on surviving enemies with decent armor.

Ofc there's smth I forgot\not noticed. Hope this feedback was helpful.

P.S
Hey killface :D

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 01:08:58 pm »
I'm on the EU dtv server and the bots are glitching outside of the map to unkillable areas. 

Offline KILLFACE

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 01:44:12 pm »
hey phail dude. another DTV enthusiast unhappy with its current state eh mate? (also whered the other EU RU and AUS srvr's go?)

It seems to me as if most of your current complaints could be fixed with a move wench command phail. As for the blindly rush at wench thats just ignorant. thats even more noobish than it was previously as theyd at least try and attack a shieldwall or noobs skirmishing (or the people glitching). So in a attempt to get rid of one form of glitching they created another? They should keep the attack nearest bot script (unless they can figure out a move to wench and attack what is blocking path script thats not broken) as that'd get rid of the new glitch and youd still need to defend the wench and not leave gaps in the defence to do the gamemode properly.

and as for bots glitching. Ive seen that before but on a different map dude. Had to call in a archer but thats no sweat.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:47:48 pm by KILLFACE »