Author Topic: Knockdown on small onehanded weapons  (Read 3587 times)

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
Re: Knockdown on small onehanded weapons
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 08:47:53 pm »
Getting knocked down twice in a row would mean for the mace: 9%*9%=0.081%<1%. Happens less than one in a hundred times. It's a bit more likely for the mallet (30%*30%=9%) but the recipient will most likely be dead before.

this 1% happens very often.. does str have influence on it, as i have 29 and knockdown rly like  to see me on the ground..

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 11:27:05 pm »
Knockdown happens too often on 1-hander blunt, just last time i played on siege same guy knock me down with warhammer like 5 times, 3 in a row...

When i hit with my great maul people gets ko'd in like 1/10 hits with 8ps.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 11:29:59 pm by Von_Hazaa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 11:28:36 pm »
what do you think what happens if  a hammer hits you head?
  Fail ^_^

What do you think what happens when great maul hits ur head?

It's game over.  :mrgreen:

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 11:51:49 pm »
Yeah, by that Argumentation, what happens if a horse hits your head?

So we need to make all Headshots instakill and getting bumped by a Horse instacripple with a chance of instadeath.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 03:32:23 am »
I hope this is a joke or we have to hand out a "whiner of the week" award.

I loled. When is that award coming? Do it! I mean really come on DO IT!

NOW
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 11:51:49 am »
Last gen I was 24 str shielder and even with 8 ps warhammer, the highest damage 1h mace, fairly rarely knocked anyone down.

Of course when it did it was pretty much a free kill or close to one

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 11:58:58 am »
Its pretty much the only reason to use the low level 1h maces (spiked / knobbed mace) over swords of the same price range.
Turtles

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 01:02:25 pm »
The fuck is wrong with you people? The 1h maces almost never cause a knockdown. This from a guy with 7PS. IT's because of their very low weight. Yeah, the warhammer knocks down quite a bit, same with the 2h mauls, that's because they have such high weight compared to all the others. The only small mace that knockdowns all the time is the 2h mace because it's so heavy. 2.8 weight compared to the 1.8 or 2.0 or (heaviest and slowest) 2.5 weight of the 1h maces. NOT balanced.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 01:54:12 pm »
Code: [Select]
(rand(0.0, 1.0) < min(item_weight * 0.33, 2.0) * min((raw_damage - 20.0) * 0.5, 10.0) * 0.015)
This is the line that determines knockdown as far as I know. Assuming that a good hit will most likely hit the upper border for the raw_damage(40 dam), even with a 1h mace, it would simplify to:

(rand(0.0, 1.0) < min(item_weight * 0.33, 2.0) *  0.15)
With a weapon lighter than the upper weight limit of 6, it would further simplify to:

(rand(0.0, 1.0) < item_weight *  0.05
So a winged mace with the weight of 1.8 would have a kd chance of 1.8/20 = 9% and a mallet with a weight of 6 would have 6/20=30%. Getting knocked down twice in a row would mean for the mace: 9%*9%=0.081%<1%. Happens less than one in a hundred times. It's a bit more likely for the mallet (30%*30%=9%) but the recipient will most likely be dead before.

I don't really see a problem here. Personally I'd substitude the luck based knockdown with a skillbased one, but that would take work. Also cmp busy and I have dragons to kill.
Thanks for the data, I feel like knockdown happens a lot more often, but that is probably cause you pay less attention to the times it doesn't happen. A skillbased knockdown would be cool, but it probably won't be all that hard to master and it will lead to continous knockdown in the hands of some skilled players.

One thing that pisses me off about knockdown though. They hit you, you get knockdown, they hit you again, kick and get another hit. Thats three hits for the price of one.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 02:00:32 pm »
Thanks for the data, I feel like knockdown happens a lot more often, but that is probably cause you pay less attention to the times it doesn't happen. A skillbased knockdown would be cool, but it probably won't be all that hard to master and it will lead to continous knockdown in the hands of some skilled players.

One thing that pisses me off about knockdown though. They hit you, you get knockdown, they hit you again, kick and get another hit. Thats three hits for the price of one.
I also have to say thanks for the data. Forgot to do that in my other post :/ If someone could convert the formula to "normal" maths instead of coding math, I'll add it to the wiki. Or add it yourself if you want to xD.
http://wiki.c-rpg.net/index.php?title=Knockdown

@SgtTheeth: Having a skill knockdown really could be a bitch, like you said. I dunno how it could be done without being OP in the hands of someone knowing how to do it. Maybe if they made it require skill AND a bit luck? Like, it wouldn't go above 50% chance, but would require something skillful to get that high? Anyone got any ideas about that?

Also; the get hit, knockdown, hit while down, kick, then hit a third time is a bitch when it happens to you. But it is something that actually requires you to time it right and do something skillfully, which is MUCH more fair than, for example, a hiltslash which is just "skilled" spam. I'd rather have a guy do something skillfully and get three hits than a spammer get in one or two.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 02:04:03 pm by Zapper »
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 02:48:05 pm »
Hiltslashes aren't all that easy to do and are quite situational, also very easy to see them coming and to just double block. Or chamber or move to the right direction. I find the knockdown kick much more frustrating cause you can't do anything about it.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 03:38:30 pm »

Meh, compared with falling off a horse it's not bad. The kick might miss and then you have a chance to counter.

What I notice when my horse gets killed is that the guy who killed it can walk up to me and hit me, miss me and hit me again before I can raise the block on my shield.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 02:42:49 am »
so because the hammer is lighter it has a significant less chance to knock down?

thank you i like it when you guys put up stuff like this that shows exactly what the code does it makes it seem like evidence for your case lol

btw ive heard hear say about you guys removing blocks from long spears is that true?

*ALSO does getting hit in the head/legs give you a better chance to knockdown????
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 02:45:50 am by Snoozer »
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q