Author Topic: Cavalry changes discussion (Version 0.230)  (Read 11140 times)

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Cavalry changes discussion (Version 0.230)
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2011, 06:49:40 pm »
doesnt help if he kills you with the next stroke, as your thrust will not stop the horse ;-)
your trust wont stop the horse, instead it will instantly kill the horse and send the rider flying to be killed while standing up...how  are you guys so ignorant about horse mechanics then even keep talking without knowledge?
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2011, 06:51:59 pm »
+1
1.Kinda impossible on some of the huge maps...
2.pointless since u cant hear the horse plus take into account the speed and manoeuvre on some horses
3.again speed and manoeuvre was/is still a bit overkill its not hard to guess..
4.u cant block a formula 1 race horse commin at u rdy to couch your ass
5.not valid since nothing but the long pikes/polearms has a chance of hitting the rider/horse before impact the slot system kinda ruined that option

1. You got a retarded team.
2. 90% of archers spot backstabbing cav before it's too late for them. I don't understand how a 2h wanderer wouldn't do the same.
3. It really depends on the speed and on the horse.
4. Couched lance takes time, has less reach and requires super flat terrain.
5. With the 40° angle thingy, greatswords hit the horse head and kill it before the lance hits them.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2011, 06:52:36 pm »
well, actually is easier to avoid horses than archer fire. You can also use a tree to hide from a horse or 3 . Actually pivoting the tree is a nice strategy vs horses. And btw, when you get hit by 1 arrow and more than 1 archer is focusing you, you rarely make it alive so ... Do you read and thing before even posting?. If you want we can use crippled horses that ride wheelchairs and then we can ride on top of that so inf can flee if needed.
Btw im a shielder also. And i kill horses like nothing with a fucking 1h sword in 1 hit with a 18 str build....That is up to destriers, bigger horses arent killeable with 1 stab from a 1h. But you rarely see those anyway. Indeed i love dueling lonely horseman when im on foot, coz in my experience the chances of killing the rider are higher than the guy killing me, even if that guy has a polearm.........and that is with 1h... just dont ask about 2h and polearms coz using those to kill horses require little skill and just  some reflexes.

First of all. I love when people start some cute insultings during discussions, gives you a clear picture of them.

again you didnt read carefully enough. I was not talking about 1 lonely rider. this is a more than fair duel, I like them aswell.
hiding behind a tree is not valid against 2 or more cavs if they have some sort of a brain.

and if your able to even hit a horse with your 1her, the horseman is just doing a bad job or he is not focussing on you, what again is not what I am talking about.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2011, 06:55:19 pm »
your trust wont stop the horse, instead it will instantly kill the horse and send the rider flying to be killed while standing up...how  are you guys so ignorant about horse mechanics then even keep talking without knowledge?

lol...at round end? yeah. but at round end cav is not coming in hordes and AGAIN this is not what I am talking about.
and sure with a 2h or polearm you will kill the horse but (oh man I feel so weird writing this over and over again) this leaves you still against other horsemen in the next second.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2011, 06:57:10 pm »
lol...at round end? yeah. but at round end cav is not coming in hordes and AGAIN this is not what I am talking about.
and sure with a 2h or polearm you will kill the horse but (oh man I feel so weird writing this over and over again) this leaves you still against other horsemen in the next second.

If 2 of more horsemen are attacking you, you should die. The way most people should die if there are more than 2 people attacking them  :?

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2011, 07:00:35 pm »
First of all. I love when people start some cute insultings during discussions, gives you a clear picture of them.

again you didnt read carefully enough. I was not talking about 1 lonely rider. this is a more than fair duel, I like them aswell.
hiding behind a tree is not valid against 2 or more cavs if they have some sort of a brain.

and if your able to even hit a horse with your 1her, the horseman is just doing a bad job or he is not focussing on you, what again is not what I am talking about.
Didnt insult you first. Second, what you say is aplicable to any class of the game. All classes can clusterfuck other players if the amount of guys playing it are enough.
And third :your last phrase shows how poor is your skill ingame. Ask Eu riders if they have been killed by 1hs or not.... And believe it or not, ive won fights vs more than 1 horsemen (up to 3) using a fucking tree to get them trapped and then slash the shit of them. Cleary it wont happen every time. And it wont happen if they are awesome players, as it wont happen if you fight 3 awesome "put your desired class here" in any other ingame situation. I wonder what class you are... you sound like an unaware archer using a 0 slot axe as meele weapon if you even use one ;)
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2011, 07:01:00 pm »
If 2 of more horsemen are attacking you, you should die. The way most people should die if there are more than 2 people attacking them  :?

I agree to some point and the point is, where this becomes too regular, in the meaning that you face 2 or more cav very very often recently, as there are so many cav players, which is exactly what I wrote in my first post in this thread but is ignored entirely ;-)

I dont say horsemen per se were OP, I just said that the recent masses of cav players on some maps (at least EU) just make it less enjoyable to play.

And third :your last phrase shows how poor is your skill ingame. Ask Eu riders if they have been killed by 1hs or not.... And believe it or not, ive won fights vs more than 1 horsemen (up to 3) using a fucking tree to get them trapped and then slash the shit of them. Cleary it wont happen every time. And it wont happen if they are awesome players, as it wont happen if you fight 3 awesome "put your desired class here" in any other ingame situation. I wonder what class you are... you sound like an unaware archer using a 0 slot axe as meele weapon if you even use one ;)

thanks for pointing out my skill level.
I play

pole
dedicated xbow with langes messer
throwing/polearm
shielder/xbow
shielder/cav

and I stated before, that you can retreat from a horde of infantry men.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:06:29 pm by Nihtgenga »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2011, 07:02:04 pm »
I agree to some point and the point is, where this becomes too regular, in the meaning that you face 2 or more cav very very often recently, as there are so many cav players, which is exactly what I wrote in my first post in this thread but is ignored entirely ;-)

I dont say horsemen per se were OP, I just said that the recent masses of cav players on some maps (at least EU) just make it less enjoyable to play.

Infantry frequently face more than 2 infantry. Cavalry frequently faces more than 2 cavalry. So why shouldn't cav face more than 2 inf, or inf face more than 2 cav? I really don't see your problem.

Infantry still out number cav by far, it's really not that bad.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2011, 07:07:59 pm »
well...we have reached an impasse.

plus I have to get back to my studies

see you on the field

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2011, 07:08:16 pm »
+1
Infantry frequently face more than 2 infantry. Cavalry frequently faces more than 2 cavalry. So why shouldn't cav face more than 2 inf, or inf face more than 2 cav? I really don't see your problem.

Infantry still out number cav by far.
They should nerf 2 handers coz the other day i had 3 on me. With my shield i couldnt overrun them. And since they were so fast, the moment a guy took my back i was dead. Please, do something coz i think i must be able to kill any one even if they come in big groups, and ganking 2hs are so bad. Or the pikes, 3 guys took on me using pikes and i couldnt even breath...i felt sooo scared i shit my chain mail....come on guy.....if a fucking horse tramples you, get out of its way. If 10 horses run on you, find a place where they cant or friends to stop them...

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2011, 07:09:20 pm »
Can you confirm me, please, that the Heavy Lance uses a new model? :?

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2011, 07:12:00 pm »
i am glad with patch, but im going to miss cav on cav duels.. :_/

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2011, 07:14:20 pm »
Can you confirm me, please, that the Heavy Lance uses a new model? :?

With the new hotfix it's been reverted to the original model again.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2011, 07:19:00 pm »
+2
made some research to check how real lances were used, and found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkXMkJ1rBhg

seems 180 attacks werent much of a trouble, the attacks behind seems more tricky

also some pics unfortunately in not very good quality

hats off to the lobby that made it happen, obviously the game is more "realistic" now

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2011, 07:23:35 pm »
With the new hotfix it's been reverted to the original model again.
Ok thanks :wink: