Author Topic: Make the Riding and Athletic skills require both Agi and Str to develop  (Read 2660 times)

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Elerion
  • IRC nick: Elerion
+7
Yes, let's make agility worse. That's exactly what this mod needs. < /sarcasm>

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
Hmm. Do you even try to make standart HA build here http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm ?

Strength: 15
Agility: 24
Hit points: 50
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 0
Shield: 0
Athletics: 0
Riding: 6
Horse Archery: 4
Power Draw: 5
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 8
One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 1
Archery: 173
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1

Do you really think that this +1 riding will make HA inoffensive?

You prefer to play slow character, or balanced character - they prefer to play fast characters, don't you think that's fair enough?

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Hmm. Do you even try to make standart HA build here http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm ?

Agility: 24
Hit points: 50
Ironflesh: 0
Horse Archery: 4
Weapon Master: 8
Archery: 173

Do you really think that this +1 riding will make HA inoffensive?

You prefer to play slow character, or balanced character - they prefer to play fast characters, don't you think that's fair enough?

They are horse archers, and on lvl 31 and up they do have 8 ridding. Why should i have ANY sympathy for most annoying class in entire c-rpg that have NO counters 1vs1 ?

With such change, lancers would have some chances against the build.

I don't think horse archers are fair, they have too high damage output atm, and their horses allow them to dodge arrows like there is no tomorrow. Also, it would make 21/18 or 18/18 builds decent choice as those would sport more ridding than 15/24 cookie cutter build.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
+2
But lancer CAN make build with more riding than HA.

Strength: 12
Agility: 27
Hit points: 49
Ironflesh: 1
Power Strike: 4
Riding: 9
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Weapon Master: 9
Polearm: 181
Archery: 1

Maybe lancers just Don't Want to be faster, and prefer more durable builds?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+5
Pointless.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Daft.

Especially since a lot of HA don't have 8 riding. It depends on what you value at level 30 with a 15/24 build. I'd rather the extra HA and WM than another riding. At 31 you retire. Some don't, but most do, so I doubt the extra skill point earned then helps much.

And to high damage output?  :shock:

Takes a hell of a lot of arrows to kill even someone in medium armour with my MW Strongbow and bodkins.

My build at level 29:

Agility: 23   

Weapon proficiency:
Archery: 162
Crossbow   : 1

Skills (with 1 skill point to spend and will have another on next level):
Iron Flesh   : 0
Horse Archery: 3
Weapon Master: 7

Now you're saying I should be punished for making a pure dedicated build? Well I apologise  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 06:31:13 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
+3
Well hot damn, so this is what the new system does, receive -5 or 6 or more, and your post becomes hidden... I like this.

But to the original post, there is no reason to make athletics worse, especially since Calradia is in the middle of the Rainforest.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Not surprising the playerbase want to keep their little crutches a bit longer.

Yes overdriven, you should be punished for creating one trick pony horse archer who don't even use melee weapon, just bow and 3 slots of arrows.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
+1
BLOODY FUCKIN HYBRIDS AND THEIR BEST OF BOTH WORLDS EQUAL UNBALANCEDNESS

BLOODY FUCKING ONE TRICK PONY DEDICATED BUILDS AND THEIR STUPID INABILITY TO DO MORE THAN ONE THING

Honestly, which is it gents?

The glass cannon that is my Dedicated crossbow build takes nearly 3-4 arrows to die  in medium level armor from most lvl 31 HA builds. I don't blame them for wanting to carry 3 stacks of arrows. They are in no way obligated to play into the strengths of other melee classes if they don't need/want to and as long as it doesn't cause delaying or anything of that matter. Also, de-horse said bowman and then what are they going to do? even if they live long enough to get up, they won't be blocking with that bow of theirs. While very annoying, I don't see much of a problem with horse archery, especially since it doesn't really get good until one has put a good amount of investment into it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 02:05:59 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven

Yes overdriven, you should be punished for creating one trick pony horse archer who don't even use melee weapon, just bow and 3 slots of arrows.

I use a sword occasionally. I just don't have any PS or WPF so it takes me a century and 1000000 hits to kill anyoe. There's no harm in making a dedicated build. Like a dedicated str build, shielder, archer, lancer ect ect. You see plenty of those.

Again I apologise for wanting to perfect my class and be as skilled as possible at it. Such people as I seem to have caused you great pain.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 02:58:54 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
+2

You can argue all you want for "riding" being a crutch as there are ways of making Cav arguements worth considering... But are you seriously claiming that "athletics" is a crutch?

Regardless.
How will this even solve ANY of the 18/18 or 21/21 archer builds which will STILL outpace your "balanced" melee builds if this suggestion was implemented. The only melee builds that I see who have "even" stat allocation of 18/18 or the like and thus can take advantage of your proposed system for fast athletics are shielders, which can't to shit to catch up to a lightly armoured non-slow-ass-shield using archer.

The ironic thing is, Archer Builds are more "Stat Balanced" with the STR/AGIL ratios then Melee Builds are on average.

So now, archers will outrun everything with a pulse still, 6 ATHL archers will still be a dime a dozen, 7 ATHL archers will be a bit more rare, and STR Melee builds will dominate AGIL Melee builds more then ever...

What?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:40:47 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
+2

The ironic thing is, Archer Builds are more "Stat Balanced" with the STR/AGIL ratios then Melee Builds are on average.

So now, archers will outrun everything with a pulse still, 6 ATHL archers will still be a dime a dozen, 7 ATHL archers will be a bit more rare, and STR Melee builds will dominate AGIL Melee builds more then ever...

What?

This post says it all. Agility really doesn't add much. Please don't take away its crowning skill.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
You can argue all you want for "riding" being a crutch as there are ways of making Cav arguements worth considering... But are you seriously claiming that "athletics" is a crutch?

Regardless.
How will this even solve ANY of the 18/18 or 21/21 archer builds which will STILL outpace your "balanced" melee builds if this suggestion was implemented. The only melee builds that I see who have "even" stat allocation of 18/18 or the like and thus can take advantage of your proposed system for fast athletics are shielders, which can't to shit to catch up to a lightly armoured non-slow-ass-shield using archer.

What?

It will solve the 18/24 or 18/21 builds, it's not only archer specific, 2h and polearm use such builds a lot too, not to mention cavalry. It's aim is to reduce average speed of cavalry and nerf agi builds.