Author Topic: Lorne_ATS... Admin Abuse?  (Read 11376 times)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Re: Lorne_ATS... Admin Abuse?
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2011, 05:17:50 am »
What you do if it's serious is go and talk with one of the levelheaded admins. Promoting thread wars does nothing but make the situation worse. As long as the open ended rule of no douchebaggery exists, they have every right to ban you for existing. Arguing with them about it serves no purpose. It's there to make it so that they don't need a reason.

^
Indeed Aldryk, indeed.  PM's work wonders.

*Though the no douchebaggery rule isn't there so we can kick you without a reason at all, but as a blanket reason that covers a general "you're making the server shittier with your presence/actions".*
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2011, 05:46:00 am »
Look, the answer here is simple and I'd think y'all would have learned it by now. You don't argue with an ATS admin. All that does is cause every single other member of ATS to flock in and tell you that you were clearly doing something wrong and the admin's grudge gets worse. What you do if it's serious is go and talk with one of the levelheaded admins. Promoting thread wars does nothing but make the situation worse. As long as the open ended rule of no douchebaggery exists, they have every right to ban you for existing. Arguing with them about it serves no purpose. It's there to make it so that they don't need a reason.

I think this is probably the most intelligent response I've seen from non-ATS members in one of these ATS bashing threads. Perhaps the message is finally getting across?
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2011, 06:27:20 am »
I think this is probably the most intelligent response I've seen from non-ATS members in one of these ATS bashing threads. Perhaps the message is finally getting across?

The thing is if this mod becomes more popular chadz will let more servers open up.  It isn't a secret that ATS enjoyed their supremacy over what goes and what doesn't in NA on this mod. 

Unfortunately this will most likely happen in Strategus.  Strategus itself seems like a great idea but since the leader of a clan is running it or has a hand in how it works it kind of makes playing it worthless.  Can you imagine in the MMO Darkfall if one of the clans ran the whole server?  Yeah that would not work at all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2011, 06:50:06 am »
The thing is if this mod becomes more popular chadz will let more servers open up.  It isn't a secret that ATS enjoyed their supremacy over what goes and what doesn't in NA on this mod. 

Unfortunately this will most likely happen in Strategus.  Strategus itself seems like a great idea but since the leader of a clan is running it or has a hand in how it works it kind of makes playing it worthless.  Can you imagine in the MMO Darkfall if one of the clans ran the whole server?  Yeah that would not work at all.

The only thing you can say about us running the server is that you're not completely free to be a moronic asshat spouting garbage, rampantly TK'ing, drawing out maps, abusing exploits and other assorted bullshit.  Honestly, if DF had been run where people couldn't have been piles of walking garbage all the time then it may have been a little better, but still a shitty game as the game itself was crap.  Great concept, terribad combat and grind.

However, you're entitled to your opinion of us just as we're entitled to our opinions about you, so carry on and meh.

*In all honesty the way it is now is great.  If people want to be trolls, asshats, douche's, fuck around doing stupid shit, spout racial slurs and general retard-speak they can hang out on your lljk server, and we can be spared the bullshit.*

Offline ScotTFO

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Troll Bait
    • View Profile
    • cRPG_The_Fallen_ones
  • Game nicks: ScotTFO_IV
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2011, 06:59:30 am »
Lljk has a server now too?

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2011, 07:03:03 am »
No, Scot. They call your server the "LLJK Server."

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2011, 07:07:24 am »
I think this thread needs a lock. Allers, I'm sure you can go to the ATS Vent and have a civil discussion with the admins and figure out what happened there.

Anyway, I'm with Miley on this one.

BAHAHAHAHA! A civil discussion with ATS admins? Impossible! I will admit that there is atleast one good admin in the entire ATS community (Gorath), and even then you still get flocks of people who wish to brown nose and kiss his toe knuckles because of his status of power. Any attempt to talk in a chat room like that would lead to an inevitable mass of "you deserved it because you're 'insert person or thing'" between all of the members of ATS and any other people. We have no proof that Allers truly said anything wrong, all we can tell by the pictures is that Allers was muted multiple times for no visible reason.

CHAT LOGS!

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2011, 07:19:53 am »
and kiss his toe knuckles because of his status of power.

I thought it was because my toe knuckles were cute  :cry:

*@Scott:  You say it's not the goon server, and yet every time I go there on some random alt to get a chuckle that's all it seems like it is.  There's nothing but the trolls that were banned off all the other servers flooding chat with bundle of sticks, N***** (and other racial slurs), caps lock rage spam, poll spam, dudes hitting teammates at spawn.  Maybe it's just because you're not around, who knows.  But the fact remains that for a good laugh one only has to be there for a few rounds to see a collective pile of trolling douchebaggery played out rapid fire.  Maybe check your chat logs, look at the poll spams and other assorted asshattery with the players that have made your server their home and perhaps you will understand why it's the "Goon server".

Again though, it works out fairly well because thanks to your server, we can keep the trash off of the other servers.*

Offline ScotTFO

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Troll Bait
    • View Profile
    • cRPG_The_Fallen_ones
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2011, 07:30:55 am »
+1
I do not censor chat on my server unless people just go far overboard with harassing someone or is just generally being annoying.

Also I assure you that the goons aren't the only ones who talk like that on the Internet. Also I am sure they are equally as happy I am here because they can play on a server without worrying about bein kicked because an admin is having a bad day.

Also by your logic if someone on a public forum said I am a goon and that makes me one, if you read further in that thread you posted you would see that they called you one too, so does that make them both goon servers?

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2011, 07:35:08 am »

*@Scott:  You say it's not the goon server, and yet every time I go there on some random alt to get a chuckle that's all it seems like it is.  There's nothing but the trolls that were banned off all the other servers flooding chat with bundle of sticks, N***** (and other racial slurs), caps lock rage spam, poll spam, dudes hitting teammates at spawn.  Maybe it's just because you're not around, who knows.  But the fact remains that for a good laugh one only has to be there for a few rounds to see a collective pile of trolling douchebaggery played out rapid fire.  Maybe check your chat logs, look at the poll spams and other assorted asshattery with the players that have made your server their home and perhaps you will understand why it's the "Goon server".

Again though, it works out fairly well because thanks to your server, we can keep the trash off of the other servers.*

There was a lot of poll spamming (which you got kicked by, I think), but it was fixed :3

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2011, 08:18:24 am »

Yeah the last 8 times I was there I have not heard a racial slur.  I understand you are upset that people have a place to play at and you can not control their behavior but I mean.  Comon man.  Can you chill?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:21:11 am by EyeBeatWomen »

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2011, 08:26:08 am »
@Scot
(click to show/hide)

As for Artyem: 
(click to show/hide)

Eyebeat: 
(click to show/hide)

Damn I like making walls of texts pretty.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:40:25 am by Gorath »

Offline ScotTFO

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Troll Bait
    • View Profile
    • cRPG_The_Fallen_ones
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2011, 08:52:10 am »
You do know that the first admin assigned to tfo was an ats right? Gaga got admin quick because he asked and from knowing him from the na server and that he was on a lot I decided it was best for my server.

Also don't think people like from the chat log you posted will last long on my server either. While they might get away with it when I am not around soon I will have more admins and the server will be run in exactly the way I intend for it to be.  If that means removing all admins and starting over I will.

I have been running gaming servers since quake 1 and am more than capable of dealing with internet trolls.

Speaking of trolls, wouldn't it be a pretty safe assumption to say that them dropping hints of me being a goon in a thread they know you are reading, was in fact a successful troll? It's funny that I am being called the goon here when you had to point out that thread to me in the first place.  Don't you think if I was one of them I would've know about it before you? Either way if I am or not doesn't really matter in the end as chadz either doesn't care or doesn't buy it.

So if you really have issue with me and my laggy piece of crap server you might get more accomplished with taking it up with chadz himself because you being a keyboard commando on the forums and talking crap about me or my servers without any provocation does nothing by make you look like an idiot and shows how upset you were over losing sole power of the na servers.  Which by the way was made quite obvious to me by all of the messages to me within 5 minutes of my server being up, regarding how lljk was going to act towards you now that there was another server to play on. Which I thought was quite fun y considering not only were you trolling the forums more than any of them but were also attacking me and my server without me ever saying a word to you.  Guess we all see who the trolls are in this community.

Also the peoe on my server are not all you banned or would like to unless you advocate banning your own clan as well.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:54:04 am by ScotTFO »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2011, 09:17:46 am »
by all of the messages to me

Haven't sent a message to you once, and if you're going to lie about that then I can pretty much safely assume everything else you say is a lie as well.  Which is a shame because I really didn't have anything against you personally, unfortunately you're just caught up in me shit talking the Goons.  None of this is meant to go to chadz, or get your server shut down or anything man.  That's just a bit of paranoia on your end.    :D  Yup, I'm just a trolling ass, but this is pretty common knowledge.

*For real, post screenshots of these messages I supposedly sent to you.  Better brush up on those photoshop skills dude.  ;)*
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 09:21:02 am by Gorath »

Offline Hauptmann

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • I love you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2011, 09:22:46 am »
He never mentioned that you sent them. I think he was just saying that he was sent messages by the dudes running the ATS server.

Also, funny enough, I actually conduct myself BETTER on Scot's server. I still say bundle of sticks and shit, but it's wayyyy less over the top.
Never again.