Author Topic: Earn Gold, is it possible please?  (Read 293 times)

Offline Dark_Anger

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Earn Gold, is it possible please?
« on: July 03, 2011, 06:06:22 pm »
Hi,

Is it possible to modify the Earn Gold, for exemple:

When you kill one enemy => One kill => %gold/ number of players stay alive.

When you join server, if your team is already x4 exp/gold  you have too x4 and no x1 to begin.

Reduce the gold to repair, because sometimes you earn 300 gold and you loose 1000 to repair. So we lose more gold than earn.

Thank you

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: Earn Gold, is it possible please?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 06:10:48 pm »
I wouldn't mind a cash reward for killing players (preferably based on the victim's KDR), but the multiplier isn't team based. And you definitely don't deserve to start out with a high multiplier for having the fortune of joining the right team anyways. If the repair costs are killing you, just wear less expensive equipment till you build up your gold reserves

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
Re: Earn Gold, is it possible please?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 06:37:21 pm »
When you kill one enemy => One kill => %gold/ number of players stay alive.
Gold for kills was tried before to limited success.  It actively encouraged players to kill steal, play against one another, and compete against teammates.

When you join server, if your team is already x4 exp/gold  you have too x4 and no x1 to begin.
No.  You didn't work for it, and you don't need it, so it's not yours.  This would also encourage players to only play on maps where they join and get a good multiplier to start - which is silly.

Reduce the gold to repair, because sometimes you earn 300 gold and you loose 1000 to repair. So we lose more gold than earn.

You earn more gold with a higher multiplier and you can wear cheaper gear.  There's some limited tactical decisionmaking involved in cRPG in that you need to know when to spend money to make money.  I find I'm effective with 15k-ish worth of gear so I almost always fight with that.  Others find they are supereffective only with 80k+ worth of gear so they use that to keep up a x5 multiplier.  Basically: wear cheap gear to make money and wear more expensive gear if you generally want to have a better chance at getting a better multiplier.