Author Topic: Mass Ban on LLJK  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: Mass Ban on LLJK
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 08:30:10 pm »
Personally, I think strategus servers should only be hosted by chadz.
That'd be nice, as long as it was on our side of the ocean..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2011, 08:32:07 pm »
Do you honestly believe anyone "accidentally" copies and pastes a password?

A server compromised, the LLJK member gets banned for all time, the other guy gets off with "accidental" and a week vacation. Being firm is fine, but only when evenly and neutrally applied.

Not that my opinion matters of course, your servers- you do what you want. Just saying that if you're trying to be the neutral judge you should rule neutrally. In another case where someone handed out access to a destructive actor they too would get a severe punishment rather than a laughable slap on the wrist.

Sends a pretty clear message though. "As long as you get someone else to compromise our servers, you will be back to murdering peasants within the week."

e: Also i somehow think if chadz wanted to run servers, he could have had dozens already and people rushing to hand him the money to do so. This thread should be indicator enough why people aren't exactly thrilled with the idea of administration.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:35:09 pm by Ylca »

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2011, 08:34:03 pm »
Ecko, you ought to ban anyone you find compromising your servers fun factor. However, do not permaban players from the duel or strategus servers. In my opinion those are truly public servers being provided by ATS so NA players and clan can participate in Strategus. If you ban people from Strategus because of what happens on your privately run servers, it is unjust and abuse of power. Personally, I think strategus servers should only be hosted by chadz.

When strategus comes out, just like the last time it was out. Bans on that server will be revised with the admin password and well as the admin list.

As for someone who breaks security, anyone i catch is lucky i don't go to any other servers to try and lobby to get them banned. Banning public players to troll will never be ok. People have lost their admin for it from me at least.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:36:46 pm by Ecko »

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2011, 08:34:26 pm »
This incident moved our hands a bit closer to red NA blanket ban button.
do it for the sake of a strategus free from ping nightmare!

Offline bigamous_bad_wolf

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • From Hell's heart I stab at thee
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Big, Wolf, Ultrasexymegabeast
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 08:38:15 pm »
Should keep those morons banned indefinitely.  They TK and TH anytime people don't "respect" them.  I have no idea why so many of them like to pretend they are admins.  Aside from the morons in Ninja I've never had a good experience with LLJK members, they just shit on everyone and hurt their (non-clan) team mates.

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2011, 08:41:28 pm »
When strategus comes out, just like the last time it was out. Bans on that server will be revised with the admin password and well as the admin list.

As for someone who breaks security, anyone i catch is lucky i don't go to any other servers to try and lobby to get them banned. Banning public players for lawls will never be ok.

Not to be dick here, but I been in several NA strategus fights where Admins would ban players for accidentally ladderpaulting, breaking a ladder some one was on by mistake, being afk little too long, having - 3 kills from falling off battlements, and along with the server being reset at a key moment of a certain clan losing a certain fight. Then restart the fight with huge victory, because the defenders left. If you want admins that are fair, then you gonna need a 3rd party admin running your strategus servers. But since we can't get that, then everyone that hosting a server should have access to hosting their own strategus battle servers. OR have only chadz host them.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2011, 08:45:20 pm »
Ecko, you ought to ban anyone you find compromising your servers fun factor. However, do not permaban players from the duel or strategus servers. In my opinion those are truly public servers being provided by ATS so NA players and clan can participate in Strategus. If you ban people from Strategus because of what happens on your privately run servers, it is unjust and abuse of power. Personally, I think strategus servers should only be hosted by chadz.

EDIT: If NA strategus server has to be disconnected to have this, then so be it.
I'm not gonna say anything except hats of to you. Sorry for interrupting this thread.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2011, 08:58:38 pm »
Interesting. An entire clan gets banned. Turns out it was someone in a different clan that leaked the info. Another guy in LLJK who also "leaked" the info with a screenshot is permabanned.  The guy who caused all the ruckus is also permabanned(deservedly). But the guy in the other clan who initiated the whole mess gets a week vacation. And the other guy, also not in LLJK, just loses admin priviledges.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2011, 09:02:04 pm »
Someone lower the speed of the BanHammer, this is getting out of control.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:05:23 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2011, 09:03:00 pm »
It's Ecko's server, doesn't that mean he can (within reason) do what he wants? This is reasonable imo.

Offline Gildiss

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Goldline.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2011, 09:06:32 pm »

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2011, 09:06:57 pm »
Whatever Ecko's action, it doesn't change how LLJK operates our servers. We welcome players to them and won't ban on clan tags. JUST SAYIN BRO

Offline Voodoox

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2011, 09:07:10 pm »
It's Ecko's server, doesn't that mean he can (within reason) do what he wants? This is reasonable imo.

+10 he pays for it he rules it if u wanna rule it pay for it

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2011, 09:08:50 pm »
Whatever Ecko's action, it doesn't change how LLJK operates our servers. We welcome players to them and won't ban on clan tags. JUST SAYIN BRO
You also have trolls run crazy, and no one will ban them BECAUSE of their clan tag.

Offline LLJK_Goatee

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • "swing Merrill! swing away"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ADTRW Shogunate
  • IRC nick: Socratic
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2011, 09:09:05 pm »
As LLJK diplomat I have voiced out the Clans statigous unban requests right  :arrow: Here