Author Topic: 1 off to change main  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
1 off to change main
« on: July 02, 2011, 04:29:50 am »
If your like me and you had to pick a main to use for strat and the market place and you accidently made your alt your main and not the character you want as your main to trade and use for strat then you should know how frustrating it was when it happened, all in all my suggestion is allow everyone to re-pick their main character once and thats it if you make the mistake again your screwed some people might say "well its your own fault you should of paid attention" which is true but if your like me and you never log out and you have many alts then you should also know how confusing it is to keep track of who your logged in as. but as i said my suggestion is to allow every one to repick their main character for strat and the market place   
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
Re: 1 off to change main
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 05:22:15 am »
Allow changing main for 500k gold or 1 million gold? Money goes to chadz personal merc fund for strategus just in case some clan gets too powerfull :)
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 05:45:29 am »
If your like me and you had to pick a main to use for strat and the market place and you accidently made your alt your main and not the character you want as your main to trade and use for strat then you should know how frustrating it was when it happened, all in all my suggestion is allow everyone to re-pick their main character once and thats it if you make the mistake again your screwed some people might say "well its your own fault you should of paid attention" which is true but if your like me and you never log out and you have many alts then you should also know how confusing it is to keep track of who your logged in as. but as i said my suggestion is to allow every one to repick their main character for strat and the market place

some of people i play with made the same mistake, and the problem is, that this could be exploited for equipping alts via marketplace or something  (they always say, that this and that can be used for exploits, but no idea how ...)

anyhow, if there would be some way to prevent possible exploits, i am all in for this :)

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 10:59:20 pm »
Allow changing main for 500k gold or 1 million gold? Money goes to chadz personal merc fund for strategus just in case some clan gets too powerfull :)

lol 500k meh iz broke  :cry:
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 11:19:10 pm »
Yeah I wouldn't have that either but I'd be willing to work for it if it would mean I could change my main. Thing is that some active traders are super rich right now cause of the market place so to many that wouldn't even make a dent in their finances.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 01:26:02 am »
Is it still set up to once a character is an alt, it's permanently an alt. I think at the very least, if you delete your main character, you should be able to make any of your remaining characters your main character. That also seems like a fair enough way to handle this. Hopefully, if you're just now at the point where you're setting your main character, you didn't have too much development gone to waste

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 01:59:27 am »
gen 5 level 30, 10 sets of body armor, 14 helmets, 10 boots, 7 pairs of  gloves, 5 horses 8 weapons (did have about 20 but sold most) apart from that no it wasn't a waste at all  :(
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 02:01:59 am »
Yeah I wouldn't have that either but I'd be willing to work for it if it would mean I could change my main. Thing is that some active traders are super rich right now cause of the market place so to many that wouldn't even make a dent in their finances.

made 2 mil. gold selling all my looms, but then i gave like 1 600 000 away to my friends and got myself all the nonloomed gear+whorsies i wanted...

but yeah, still, repicking main should be somehow possible if you make a mistake, as new main can only be just a brand new char atm, which might be frustrating to deal with after minor mistake :(

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 02:08:40 am »
Yeah, besides the obvious reason that it just makes sense, this is another important reason that you should be allowed to turn one of your current alts into your main if you delete your current main.

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 02:17:16 am »
what I don't get is since only a new character can be your main if you deleted your old main is

1. this new character will have no looms or money (if you inf or cav)
2. it will be used for strat (not sure if you level affects strat didnt get to battle in the old one  :cry: )
3. since it is a new character its pretty pointless to retire it since there will probably be a wipe for strat so if you do retire you wont have a masterwork anything =/
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 02:37:29 am »
what I don't get is since only a new character can be your main if you deleted your old main is

1. this new character will have no looms or money (if you inf or cav)
2. it will be used for strat (not sure if you level affects strat didnt get to battle in the old one  :cry: )
3. since it is a new character its pretty pointless to retire it since there will probably be a wipe for strat so if you do retire you wont have a masterwork anything =/

wipe for strat should not affect cRPG character in any way, at least i think so

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 01:12:07 am »
Can anybody link a dev's response to why alts aren't elligible to become mains after a main is deleted? Or if they've never said anything about it, can a dev respond?

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 11:56:29 am »
Can anybody link a dev's response to why alts aren't elligible to become mains after a main is deleted? Or if they've never said anything about it, can a dev respond?

So you can't trade stuff off your alts (to your "final" main) making them mains one at a time.

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 05:37:09 pm »
but if this was a one off where if they make their alt their main character then their alt would be stuck as it hence their the fool
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 02:04:23 am »
I've never really understood what's the problem with transferring the results of hard work from one character to another. I'm just glad I never made an alt so I don't have to suffer