Author Topic: Old cRPG was better  (Read 4811 times)

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
Re: Old cRPG was better
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 04:36:32 am »
Alright.

I stand by this claim. Upkeep's sole purpose was to reduce tincans & plated chargers no?

Well, this has been negated immensely by the implementation of the marketplace. Just chuckin' that out there.

This claim can be supported by observing the increase of tins in the small Australian community...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 04:39:34 am »
I am a ninja build

Well there's your problem.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 04:41:30 am »
Seems the cognac kicked in

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop dee doo
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 04:43:29 am »
+1
Well there's your problem.
Lol, my thoughts exactly!

These problems are non-existent since I'm covered in plate with a plated pony bearing my sturdy steal shield :mrgreen:. (Except those arbalests and longbows; devious beings, those are)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 04:50:30 am »
As if everyone oculd afford that gear, I cant imangine the upkeep cost, its alreay high enougfh for me without the sghiled and the poni, hell the 1 hander itself is 730 gold per repair D:

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 04:52:43 am »
+1
Hurpdy durp. I am a ninja build, And because I don't wear anything shiny I get one hit by arrows AND throwing. I think being one hit in melee is bad enough personally

So you are a ninja build, yet you want tin cans to be brought back to their almost godlike ultra mode with no upkeep? Also, have you seen players like Huey newton, Badplayer or Rohypnol run around on their very strong horses? They absolutely dominate the battle field. Upkeep is a pain for all of us. Archer currently are paying a pretty penny for the higher up bows and arrows while crossbowmen also pay the price of most heavy armors to use higher end bows like the Arbalest.  Ninjas's aren't meant to take alot of damage. They are meant to move quickly, surprise opponents and take as little damage as possible. Sounds as if you ought to re-evaluate your play style.

Also, those tin cans in that small Aussie community are probably paying money out the ass to keep their gear on as much as possible. All the market place did was make it so that heirloomed items could be achieved without weeks of tireless grinding. They are still paying out the wazoo to use those high end items.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:55:24 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 04:54:43 am »
As if everyone oculd afford that gear, I cant imangine the upkeep cost, its alreay high enougfh for me without the sghiled and the poni, hell the 1 hander itself is 730 gold per repair D:

You're a jive turkey. Sell a MW weapon for around 1m, sustain plate for eternity. Hell, you can sustain transitional, sugarloaf, plate mittens and a miaodao just fine

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 04:58:33 am »
So you are a ninja build, yet you want tin cans to be brought back to their almost godlike ultra mode with no upkeep? Also, have you seen players like Huey newton, Badplayer or Rohypnol run around on their very strong horses? They absolutely dominate the battle field. Upkeep is a pain for all of us. Archer currently are paying a pretty penny for the higher up bows and arrows while crossbowmen also pay the price of most heavy armors to use higher end bows like the Arbalest.  Ninjas's aren't meant to take alot of damage. They are meant to move quickly, surprise opponents and take as little damage as possible. Sounds as if you ought to re-evaluate your play style.

Also, those tin cans in that small Aussie community are probably paying money out the ass to keep their gear on as much as possible. All the market place did was make it so that heirloomed items could be achieved without weeks of tireless grinding. They are still paying out the wazoo to use those high end items.

I am not a ninja, genius. Check the date. I'm a strength biased level 30. 23 str, 15 agi.

Upkeep is pointless since the implementation of the market. With the sale of a heirloom you can sustain plate for ages. A player in Aus made a -profit- of 8k in one match whilst wearing milanese just last night..

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 05:00:58 am »
I am gen 5 and I am done retiring, I like my character how he is erigfht now and I dont know what to heirloom, I wear my avvy armor from tiem to time but not always, I keep around 190k.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2011, 05:17:57 am »
I am not a ninja, genius. Check the date. I'm a strength biased level 30. 23 str, 15 agi.

Upkeep is pointless since the implementation of the market. With the sale of a heirloom you can sustain plate for ages. A player in Aus made a -profit- of 8k in one match whilst wearing milanese just last night..

Your childish attitude  towards anyone's opinion other than your own is pretty fucking illuminating. It's pretty much the same in every upkeep QQ thread. A person may be able to MW items, but that will take weeks to do. And even then, once he sells them, that player will continue to hemorrhage money if he is not skilled enough to constantly have a winning multiplier. What can sometimes beat the system is the fact that some players are just so good that they constantly win and the profit they usually would make from the multiplier negates the upkeep effects. Fortunately, this isn't the case for the majority of the player base. Also, even then, players like Rohypnol will continue to lose money because of how much their armored horse, shield, armor and weapons cost. The biggest counter to heavy 2-handed hero classes in this game is and always will be ranged. How ironic that you are complaining about both to try and better validate your erroneous assumption of how the upkeep system works.

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2011, 05:24:36 am »
Your childish attitude  towards anyone's opinion other than your own is pretty fucking illuminating. It's pretty much the same in every upkeep QQ thread. A person may be able to MW items, but that will take weeks to do. And even then, once he sells them, that player will continue to hemorrhage money if he is not skilled enough to constantly have a winning multiplier. What can sometimes beat the system is the fact that some players are just so good that they constantly win and the profit they usually would make from the multiplier negates the upkeep effects. Fortunately, this isn't the case for the majority of the player base. Also, even then, players like Rohypnol will continue to lose money because of how much their armored horse, shield, armor and weapons cost. The biggest counter to heavy 2-handed hero classes in this game is and always will be ranged. How ironic that you are complaining about both to try and better validate your erroneous assumption of how the upkeep system works.

I smell a hipocrit.

Look. One was submitted on January this year. If you can't grasp that, I fear for you.

My point is simple,

Upkeep has almost been nullified by the sale-value of Masterwork items. You don't need to be good to win in plate or half-plate. Sure, it helps, but your own argument is clouded by your strong bias regarding this issue.

Well hey, it's pointless arguing with idiots, so I'll leave you to it.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 05:36:47 am »
I smell a hipocrit.

Look. One was submitted on January this year. If you can't grasp that, I fear for you.

My point is simple,

Upkeep has almost been nullified by the sale-value of Masterwork items. You don't need to be good to win in plate or half-plate. Sure, it helps, but your own argument is clouded by your strong bias regarding this issue.

Well hey, it's pointless arguing with idiots, so I'll leave you to it.

Considering most browsers have added in spell check programs and you still managed to somehow spell "hypocrite" wrong, I don't think you're in a position to be calling anyone an idiot. Anyway, you're probably better of being salty and pouting in silence as opposed to coming on here, talking out of your ass, and getting muted for it. Also, the only one who wouldn't have a bias when posting on this issue is someone who doesn't play the game, and even then they most likely won't have enough of an understanding  of how the game works to give a solid opinion. Thanks for closing with a totally moot point.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:38:39 am by Darkkarma »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 05:48:14 am »
If old cRPG was better, then why is this here?

Wrong. cRPG was dying before the upkeep patch. We lost like 10 to 50 players per day. People lost interest in the senseless grind, new players left right away. That big patch has caused a boost in players, and kept the playerbase at a constant level since that day, more or less, with a bit of an longterm increase.

I has numbers to proof!

Here, let me make it easier to read:

cRPG was dying before the upkeep patch. We lost like 10 to 50 players per day. People lost interest in the senseless grind, new players left right away. That big patch has caused a boost in players, and kept the playerbase at a constant level since that day, more or less, with a bit of an longterm increase.

I has numbers to proof!

/thread
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2011, 05:53:55 am »
If old cRPG was better, then why is this here?

Here, let me make it easier to read:

/thread

I kant reed gud

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2011, 06:02:35 am »
+1
There's an old saying of the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, what it means is...

Good Lord, you guys are competent enough to understand what it means! With all these complaint threads I'm surprised to see chadz haven't decided to revert back and then see you complainers cry even more before coming to realization how great the system already is now!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:03:39 am by Kenji »