Author Topic: cRPG security situation: change your passwords  (Read 11847 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: cRPG security situation: change your passwords
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2011, 08:41:20 am »
Yes, the great skill of kicking anyone who is better than you on the opposing team off the server.

we have qml spammers in EU, not big difference :P :D

and i played some on NA actually and met the guy, he is not bad :)

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2011, 12:53:09 pm »
Do these people even know you gorath?

He permbanned me from the big NA battle servers for disagreeing with him and arguing a valid point of his hypcorisy around the start of 2011. Also since then he also came into one of my threads, verbally attacked me, accused me of being a thug and tried to stereotype me into something I'm nothing alike. That ontop of him vowing to -1 me every opportunity he gets.

So yeah, yay for what happened to him.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:54:33 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2011, 12:56:14 pm »
He permbanned me from the big NA battle servers for disagreeing with him and arguing a valid point of his hypcorisy around the start of 2011. Also since then he also came into one of my threads, verbally attacked me, accused me of being a thug and tried to stereotype me into something I'm nothing alike. That ontop of him vowing to -1 me every opportunity he gets.

cool how ppl rage over interwebs...oh wait

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2011, 04:08:25 pm »

Eh, you -1 everyone on the forums every chance you get. Your last sentence Of the first paragraph is pretty much karma.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:09:41 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2011, 04:46:25 pm »
Eh, you -1 everyone on the forums every chance you get. Your last sentence Of the first paragraph is pretty much karma.

Funny you say that, because my -1 airstrikes didn't begin for months after he decided to do that. Infact my -1 airstrikes are my reaction to the fact people will -1 individuals in defence of their clan members, the fact people will -1 individuals because that person decided to spam in the SPAM section of the forum. It means that this awesome bar has no real value to me anymore. I used to have a positive bar but that was before I started acting more controversial on the forum.

People with highest awesome bars here are people with political power in-game, connected to their clans, people who post popular subjects and then take credit for doing so in the form of awesome points, and non controversial members who seek to insert positive comments where an opportunity presents itself to portray themselves as 'nice' agreeable people. And then bandwagon jumpers who are supported by the majority side they've decided to associate themselves with. Also those who have the power to edit their bars. Oh and don't forget clan members pumping up their buddies with aweseome points apon request. (I'm sure some of you have done so.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:53:50 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Visus

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • TripSteppin'.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Visus_of_Chaos
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2011, 04:56:34 pm »
Funny you say that, because my -1 airstrikes didn't begin for months after he decided to do that. Infact my -1 airstrikes are my reaction to the fact people will -1 individuals in defence of their clan members, the fact people will -1 individuals because that person decided to spam in the SPAM section of the forum. It means that this awesome bar has no real value to me anymore. I used to have a positive bar but that was before I started acting more controversial on the forum.

People with highest awesome bars here are people with political power in-game, connected to their clans, people who post popular subjects and then take credit for doing so in the form of awesome points, and non controversial members who seek to insert positive comments where an opportunity presents itself to portray themselves as 'nice' people. And then bandwagon jumpers who are supported by the majority side they've decided to associate themselves with. Also those who have the power to edit their bars.
So people with positive bars are ones who... A. People like as they run a clan, B. Do good things for the community by promoting positive subjects, C. Don't act like an asshat dickface. If you yourself stated that you started to be an asshat on the forums, why should you be complaining about having a negative awesome bar? And obviously, it does affect you. You just posted 3-4 times to bitch about Gorath and his
 -1ing you.

If this thread is going to turn into a whine thread, maybe it should be locked, a new one made and stickied?
الايرلندي ليوبارد

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2011, 04:59:31 pm »
So people with positive bars are ones who... A. People like as they run a clan, B. Do good things for the community by promoting positive subjects, C. Don't act like an asshat dickface. If you yourself stated that you started to be an asshat on the forums, why should you be complaining about having a negative awesome bar? And obviously, it does affect you. You just posted 3-4 times to bitch about Gorath and his
 -1ing you.

If this thread is going to turn into a whine thread, maybe it should be locked, a new one made and stickied?

Well I'm trying to say it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I've also proved that the awesome bar means so much to the majority of this forum by the fact that alot of my recent negative points have come from retaliation in response to my -1 airstrikes. Also I'm posting in response to other players not posting fueled by my own obsession with my aweseome bar.

However the real subject is my justification of liking the fact Gorath was hacked, however it's inevitable opinions will be shared here to or for such actions, and the original subject will become derailed with attacks on the character of the person who has to justify themselves. Although justifying actions to this community is just like trying to justify actions anywhere else in the world, people will only listen to what pleases them and ignore reasons even if they hold truth that are contrary to the beliefs and motives of such people.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 05:05:59 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2011, 05:28:40 pm »
People with highest awesome bars here are people with political power in-game, connected to their clans, people who post popular subjects and then take credit for doing so in the form of awesome points, and non controversial members who seek to insert positive comments where an opportunity presents itself to portray themselves as 'nice' agreeable people. And then bandwagon jumpers who are supported by the majority side they've decided to associate themselves with. Also those who have the power to edit their bars. Oh and don't forget clan members pumping up their buddies with aweseome points apon request. (I'm sure some of you have done so.)

I see.
I have no political power in game.
I have posted a total of one popular subject.
I am extremely controversial (just ask our Devs how charming I can be when I decide to troll members who don't understand how the game mechanics work, and my "air of authority").
I have yet to bandwagon jump on anything (you all suck and only I am awesome, jump on my bandwagon or a pox on you!). I shoot my mouth off a lot actually on these forums if you read my posts.
I don't have the ability to edit my awesome bar.
I have yet to request anyone to plus bar me.

I think it is purely my sexy avatar that nets me point! Lord knows a few people - me simply because of my name and main class alone  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do however see your point, well and truly.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2011, 05:31:33 pm »
lol people wit high awesome bars have their clans +1 them you tools(fallen does this for example, just look in their clan thread and look at the average "awesomeness"

awesomeness is a lie, has nothing to do with how relevant your ideas are at all, btw I love how in this thread a LLJK says "change your passwords"

he should have prefaced it with "because our password generator is pretty good"
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2011, 05:42:38 pm »
+1
lol people wit high awesome bars have their clans +1 them you tools(fallen does this for example, just look in their clan thread and look at the average "awesomeness"

Yup, average awesomeness is 12, and Beuchamp and Punisher who have organized heavy tournaments have high awesome bars, and our diplomats have them as well. Meanwhile people like vibe have 2, Angel has -1, etc.

Wait, what? On second thought I don't understand...
I gotta organize a +1 spree on our members!

awesomeness is a lie, has nothing to do with how relevant your ideas are at all
I completely agree.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 05:57:22 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2011, 06:12:41 pm »
I see.
I have no political power in game.
I have posted a total of one popular subject.
I am extremely controversial (just ask our Devs how charming I can be when I decide to troll members who don't understand how the game mechanics work, and my "air of authority").
I have yet to bandwagon jump on anything (you all suck and only I am awesome, jump on my bandwagon or a pox on you!). I shoot my mouth off a lot actually on these forums if you read my posts.
I don't have the ability to edit my awesome bar.
I have yet to request anyone to plus bar me.

I think it is purely my sexy avatar that nets me point! Lord knows a few people - me simply because of my name and main class alone  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do however see your point, well and truly.

-'ed.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2011, 06:26:40 pm »

awesomeness is a lie, has nothing to do with how relevant your ideas are at all, btw I love how in this thread a LLJK says "change your passwords"

he should have prefaced it with "because our password generator is pretty good"

Well, I made this thread after some LLJK and Goretooth had their accounts compromised, which showed there were big holes in the system.  I hope some people who might've became hacked read my thread in time and protected themselves.  The guy who did this acted by himself, apparently encouraged by the security issues that have been now brought to light and corrected.  And the "hacker" has now been banned.  Don't see how you can fault me for trying to help people.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2011, 07:04:24 pm »
My final goal is to have everyone on 0 awesomeness. People tend to gloat for having big positive or negative awesomebar values. So thanks to my true evil spirit I keep on +ing negative scores and -ing positive ones, regardless of what the person actually wrote x). Most of the time, you get + by helping people or being friendly, and you get - by posting anything controversial (the game balance section is really a must for stacking negative awesomebar), or just being a troll. That's why I keep on +ing Xant :lol:

It's really funny to have active forum dwellers with 0 awesomebar like total newbies :twisted:

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2011, 10:19:45 pm »
"CRPG Forums: A popularity Contest"
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2011, 10:28:37 pm »
gotta grind up my awesomebar rep so that i can wave my e-penis around like all the cool kids
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

visitors can't see pics , please register or login