Author Topic: Blunt wep or Sword  (Read 2083 times)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Blunt wep or Sword
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 12:01:26 am »
With 15 str, I recommend the Military Cleaver, Broad One Handed Battle Axe, Military Pick or Military Hammer, in this order. You can also try the Steel Pick, but for me, it was too short. Dito for Warhammer. If you want a sword with stab, try the Langes Messer. You shouldn't go below 33 cut damage with only 5 PS, though, so I would rule the other swords out...except maybe the Arabian Cavalry, although it is a bit of a niche sword (you must play out its surprising reach).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 12:18:07 am »
Yes you are right, you suck if you say the thrust isnt important for 1h XD... i actually do 80% of my kills stabbing them in the chest,neck,face area. Btw, stabbing while facehuggin is posible but requires some practice and learning  how to do so. Its similar to stabbing with a pike while the other guy facehugs you. Salute
No need to be so blunt, but aye, thrust while facehugging a foe is deadly when done right.

Just turn about 30 degrees arc to your right (Or left if a teammate is on your right side) and thrust it, gain some momentum before you direct the thrust back into your enemy's chest or head again.

Anyone else notice that when you're on horse, the thrust animation for 1H/2H swords are just so fast that it became one of my surprise attacks when going point blank range against pikers?

Offline yian

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Yian. Telomerase.
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 05:52:14 am »
I carry both a sidesword and a warhammer. Sidesword for cloths/leather, warhammer for face hugging tincans.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 03:02:36 pm »
One of my favorite weapons with low powerstrike is the flanged mace. Fast little thing, very reliable. Not that expensive either. Smacking people in the face for more knockdowns is fun.