Author Topic: The NA Alarm List  (Read 50104 times)

Offline Gafferjack

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: The NA Alarm List
« Reply #390 on: February 16, 2011, 03:32:11 am »
dont nerf throwing, if anything just up pt cost by 2 for low teir and 1 for high teirs

That would still constitute a nerf because you would be losing accuracy due to higher PT requirements; which is actually the opposite of what I want to happen to throwing, but this isn't really the thread to discuss it in.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #391 on: February 16, 2011, 04:14:44 am »
I dont recognize half these players, and Ive been playing alot on the battle servers since the big patch.  Maybe theyre siege players, but siege is always much easier to rack up a good score than in battle.

They aren't siege players. Everyone on that list is a game changer, and almost all of them play a lot. There is only 1 name on the list that I don't recognize. Another reason many of them may not look familiar to you is, Kalam did not include their clan tags/ranks with their name. Not including those things makes the names look significantly different. For instance:

Havok
Castor
Dan

Becomes:

Hospitaller_Havok
TS_Drznk_Castor
Dan_ATS

EDIT: Sorry if I spelled your rank wrong Castor. :P
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #392 on: February 16, 2011, 10:18:37 am »
So is the hopeless archer situation the same for crossbowmen?  :o

Also, Raina and maybe Kesh are the only ones out there making archery look easy atm. Raina is especially good at making me second guess coming out of cover to get my shot off when I know i've been spotted.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:06:15 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #393 on: February 16, 2011, 04:27:19 pm »
What about guys like Big Sandwich and 30 seconds to mars?  Theyre always up there on the scoreboard too.  But maybe they dont get on cuz theyre not in a clan?

I dont recognize half these players, and Ive been playing alot on the battle servers since the big patch.  Maybe theyre siege players, but siege is always much easier to rack up a good score than in battle.

Those two tend to favour light armours. There are light armoured players on that list, but I believe it's that much harder for them to consistently change the game. I mean, one stray javelin or a few arrows and they're usually dead.

And I believe Big Sandwich is a clannie.

However, you're right. They will also be on my watch list.

@Karma: It's worse for crossbowmen.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 04:31:47 pm by Kalam »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #394 on: February 16, 2011, 06:37:34 pm »
So is the hopeless archer situation the same for crossbowmen?  :o

Pretty much.  The only hardcore x-bowmen I even see doing much on the NA servers regularly (as opposed to random fuck it rounds/maps) anymore are Darkkharma (probably fucked up that spelling, w/e), Weebo and I.  Other people seem to dabble for the lulz now and then, but x-bows just seem like the red-headed step baby of the ranged classes anymore.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2011, 06:43:32 pm »
Pretty much.  The only hardcore x-bowmen I even see doing much on the NA servers regularly (as opposed to random fuck it rounds/maps) anymore are Darkkharma (probably fucked up that spelling, w/e), Weebo and I.  Other people seem to dabble for the lulz now and then, but x-bows just seem like the red-headed step baby of the ranged classes anymore.

TheSeniorScrambler?  There are a few others I can think of but I keep thinking they're someone else's alts but they're definitely operators.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:44:35 pm by Kaelaen »
-idlewind

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #396 on: February 16, 2011, 06:53:47 pm »
TheSeniorScrambler?  There are a few others I can think of but I keep thinking they're someone else's alts but they're definitely operators.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about him cause I thought he was an alt.  Derp.

Yeah, there are others that do well, but I specified DEDICATED, not dabblers.   :wink:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #397 on: February 16, 2011, 07:03:04 pm »
Dabbler here!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PolePot

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: PolePot_BRD. Squatfurdt. TommyTheCat. CooKuu_Zuulu.
« Reply #398 on: February 16, 2011, 07:36:39 pm »
X-bows are still pretty effective in closed off areas. Namely because they can shoot around corners faster than anything else and hide to reload. on the open ground though, I just laugh at them and pew pew away. I think a re-deployable pavise would help crossbowmen where they're the weakest and even things out between them and archers.

as it stands I go about 50/50 agianst great crossbowmen, as an average archer, this isnt really acceptable (for them)

another problem is how WPF affects crossbow accuracy. nothing should be accurate at 0wpf. Let the people who spend points on Xbow wpf earn their badassitude and extra accuracy.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:39:11 pm by PolePot »
ZUUULUUUUUU!!!!

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #399 on: February 16, 2011, 09:22:36 pm »
Cyranule in the BRD is quite good too
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #400 on: February 16, 2011, 09:25:53 pm »
Cyranule in the BRD is quite good too

So is most of BRD...

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #401 on: February 17, 2011, 02:33:00 am »
I spend alot of time pew pewing with xbow. I use Kerin she now has a masterwork sniper xbow.  No one notices me for my xbow kills because well it doesn't seem to kill any of the good players I have shot goretooth two times with a mw sniper and watched him eat two jarids and keep on kicking. I cant even 1 shot people in gambesons unless they are running at me with unussually high athletics like kalam or matey but they tend to have a huscarl so shooting them running at me is nigh impossible. Though I most certainly salute dark karma one of the only xbow man other than gristle that I recognize as a feasible threat when they point at me.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #402 on: February 17, 2011, 02:37:36 am »
I spend alot of time pew pewing with xbow. I use Kerin she now has a masterwork sniper xbow.  No one notices me for my xbow kills because well it doesn't seem to kill any of the good players I have shot goretooth two times with a mw sniper and watched him eat two jarids and keep on kicking. I cant even 1 shot people in gambesons unless they are running at me with unussually high athletics like kalam or matey but they tend to have a huscarl so shooting them running at me is nigh impossible. Though I most certainly salute dark karma one of the only xbow man other than gristle that I recognize as a feasible threat when they point at me.

I'd be a liar if I said you weren't one of the guys who got me into it. Cheers.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 17, 2011, 02:38:34 am »
Two names I want on this list some where are arowaine and cyranule. I might hate TBL for some of their ludicrous troll moments and team hits but arowaine is exceptional. I can always expect him to perform like a mid boss version of man of war. and cyranule is no different both of them know how to sword and board. I most certainly play more seriously when I see either of those two because I like living.

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 17, 2011, 02:43:14 am »
I'd be a liar if I said you weren't one of the guys who got me into it. Cheers.

I wish I didn't inspire so many people to try and do what I do. I sorta made a plague of baddies when I went barmacein just a bunch of clowns swinging a crappy weapon that they didn't even build to crush but they use it anyways thinking it is a magic stick that crushes. I make it look to easy I guess. But anyways I am always happy to see a "good inspiration" like you and I hate to say it but Sunzi junior and tweedle dum were the only two barmace impersonators that figured out how to make the barmace really crush they just lacked that certain polish but I believe with a little practice they could be more frightening I haven't seen
em in a while though.

"Edit" Though if you all want to try and knife fight. I will tell you the build to do it with is 8 powerstrike 6 athletics and 3 weapon master get atleast 120 wpf in 1hand and roll out learn to chamber and prepare for me to find you. I love a thrilling knife fight.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:45:04 am by Greziz »