Author Topic: Huge Multi-Clan-Team Tournament: Schedule. Tournament completed.  (Read 37334 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Hum... 10 slots left ?  :rolleyes:
I agree for the limitation : 5 referees, RipperX and why not admins/special footage guest.
No spectator per clan, else too many.

Eh, fail math fail....

Very fail...

Yes I mean 10 slots left. so... never mind my previous suggestion, psh psh psh.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
As i mentioned in IRC, i think the limit should be 200.

There's gonna be 150 people playing, but with the amount of substitutes Aemalius suggested, we're easily gonna hit 180-190 online. Furtermore, there should be room for referees, cameramen and a few general spectators.

From what i'm hearing from Espu, it shouldn't be a problem to adjust to 200.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
I am just afraid of Lag?

If we had one or two guys extra as spectators live streaming maybe subsitutes can watch that?

I don't think subsitutes need to sit standby all evening, it is primarily so we are sure we have 75 people on each team.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
I am just afraid of Lag?

If we had one or two guys extra as spectators live streaming maybe subsitutes can watch that?

I don't think subsitutes need to sit standby all evening, it is primarily so we are sure we have 75 people on each team at the start.

Fixed it for you, if i understood you correctly.

Good idea for the live streaming, but dunno who can do it.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
    • View Profile
There is gonna be a ton of lag no matter what. I don't think you'll really notice the difference the spectators make.

You've also recommended that we get about 1 sub per 4 man in the roster. I've got about 95 people signed up, and i'm not thrilled at all with the idea of having 15-20 guys just sitting, looking at the server list or doing other stuff. I felt absolutely certain they would at least get to see the game, not idling for 1,5 hours.

It also takes a ton of organization to make sure you get the right guys in every time. Nobody wants to spawn with less soldiers, which means alot of time and energy will be used with simply making sure the right guys get in. Remember, we're talking about ~90 people in a team. That's easily gonna be 5-10 people regularly being switched out, and the simpler it is, the better. (Its not like in a clan match where you say to one guy "You're in next round" and he replies and its no problem. Making sure 5-10 has gotten the message clearly across is no easy job)

Having some people streamline isn't an elegant solution at all. We all know things are much more fun to watch live. With who and how would you even do this?

And to Bulzurs little edit:
With 1,5 hours battle, some people will drop out. That's to be expected, so if you want to be effective, you need substitutes for the whole match.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
I need more opinions from other clans. Especially people who know anything about lag.

lag is honestly the biggest concern of mine for NOT letting more people on the server.

Spectating might be ok if we have a few livestreams?
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
OK I talked to people and the fact is that past experience shows that spectators increase lag.

I am very very sorry but fighting lag must be our primary concern and therefore I do currently not believe server will be increased.

Please understand that I fully understand the impact on motivation, loss of fun etc. But our primary focus must be those actually in the battle.

I will livestream the first battle of which I am not myself participating only co-refereeing to see if everything is in order.
And I can only hope that 1 or 2 spectators might be willing to do the same for the second battle.

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
    • View Profile
Alright, then what will the rules be? How many spectators will each clan be allowed to have?

EDIT: It would help my team enormously if we could have just 6-10 spectators. Increasing it to 170 should be enough. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 12:19:46 am by RamsesXXIIX »

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Edit : Good that things were settled.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 12:32:14 am by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
The compromise is 5 substitutes and spectators per TEAM.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
OK I talked to people and the fact is that past experience shows that spectators increase lag.

I am very very sorry but fighting lag must be our primary concern and therefore I do currently not believe server will be increased.

Please understand that I fully understand the impact on motivation, loss of fun etc. But our primary focus must be those actually in the battle.

I will livestream the first battle of which I am not myself participating only co-refereeing to see if everything is in order.
And I can only hope that 1 or 2 spectators might be willing to do the same for the second battle.

Since you are livestreaming, i assume RipperX left out? I don't see any reason to have 2 recorders. Unless you use the livestream for substitutes who can't join the server as a lag-increasing spectator but still want to see the battle.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
When choosing which team to join:

Team 3 is upper team, Team 4 is lower team.

Team 1 is also upper team, team 2 will be lower team.

Concerning ripperX I hope he will be there. He said so, but I have heard nothing the past 3 days. We'll see....

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
There has been a rumor that HA is not allowed. This is NOT true.

HA count as 1 cav + 1 ranged!!!!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Huge Multi-Clan-Team Tournament: Battle Schedule. Servers and rules!!!!
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2011, 05:39:20 pm »
The Referee channel has a password. Please send a private message to gain access to the channel if you don't already have the password.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
Re: Huge Multi-Clan-Team Tournament: Battle Schedule. Servers and rules!!!!
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2011, 06:47:22 pm »
Terribly sorry but some real life events are going to get in the way of this. Sorry I cannot be there
Just a soldier