Poll

Did you have more fun

Post-Patch (current version since 0.200)
Pre-Patch (old version, before the "big patch")
Hate you!

Author Topic: Fix List v210  (Read 20317 times)

Offline Rapture

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Keira_Duskfang
  • IRC nick: Keira
Re: Fix List v210
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2011, 10:02:39 pm »
As far as archery goes, I appreciate the damage buff, it's a help. But I'd prefer a buff to accuracy over a buff to damage.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2011, 10:13:00 pm »
As far as archery goes, I appreciate the damage buff, it's a help. But I'd prefer a buff to accuracy over a buff to damage.

What's wrong with accuracy?  Reticule is the size of someone's head when they're roughly 30 yards away, how much smaller do you need it to be?
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2011, 10:15:28 pm »
Make it a red dot, like Call of Duty.

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2011, 10:19:02 pm »
While we're at it let's add telescopic sights and have the arrows be wire guided =p

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2011, 10:20:24 pm »
Make it a red dot, like Call of Duty.

That seems to be what all the whiners want....   :rolleyes:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2011, 10:21:43 pm »
+1
There are 2 main things I like since update :

- Autobalance taking banners into account (great for clans)
- Archery nerf

Apart from that I liked other things better in the previous version. Since retirement was enabled in 0.210 we have a goal again, enough for grinders like me. But it's not completly OP and arcade lovers can skip it completly.

Xbows are still way too easy to use as a secondary weapon without any investment... Horses seem too expensive.

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2011, 10:24:41 pm »
Repairs for heirloom items should probably be more expensive than for the base items. Not 5% of the currently outrageous prices of heirloom items, but maybe up to 150% of the base repair cost for masterwork level items. Unless something is done, it is only a matter of grinding before people will be swimming in heirlooms again.

Offline Jason

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2011, 10:25:30 pm »
What's wrong with accuracy?  Reticule is the size of someone's head when they're roughly 30 yards away, how much smaller do you need it to be?

It gets harder to aim the more powerdraw you have...i like this and why i think archery should not be nerfed anymore!  WPF is hard to get now so people have to balance there powerdraw or risk missing alot!

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2011, 10:28:05 pm »
Oh yes, that reminds me.

If javelins/jarids/etc. are going to keep their piercing damage then they should lose the bonus to shields. (Either that or do something stupid and make regular spears have a bonus against shields as well. If a thrown spear can do it why can't one that is thrusted?) The shield breaking should be left to the axe-type weapons.

EDIT: Also, perhaps when your team loses your multiplier only goes down by 2 or 3? That way you don't get completely screwed over if you happen to have a bad match. Though, I suppose this means that everybody would have a multiplier of some kind and make losing not as big of a deal...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 10:37:21 pm by OzyTheSage »

Offline Bratwurst

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2011, 10:30:22 pm »
German poleaxe seems bugged. I heirloomed it but cannot select it in game - in its stead I have the Swiss halberd which acts as a simple pike (no side swings only overhead and thrust).

- pls fix the german poleaxe  :mrgreen:
- I also heirloomed heavy gauntlets, they are now thick h.g. and cost 22k ?

- xbows are way to xpensive, repairs will ruin you while they are not very effective anymore

PS: I miss them tincans  :(

Offline Paprik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2011, 10:30:33 pm »
-archery should be nerfed a bit (+8 dmg on bodkin arrow lol)
-throwing shouldn't be so spammable and there should be a penalty for throwing with a shield equipped

But anyway great job, I am having a lot more fun now than pre-patch, the old version was so dull it made me quit cRPG for 2 months actually.
-too costly xbows or nerfed as hell
-reaching level 31 for the retirement is too difficult for medium players (30 is ok)
-autobalance - fix
Just a sum of what I completely agree with. Balancing all classes is tough as fuck, you're never gonna achieve total satisfaction from all sides, but some things are a bit more off. Autobalancing should not happen unless neccesary - a lot of switches happen even though the teams are balanced (say 30v32) - don't know if that was intended but once you learn to cooperate with your teammates, switching the next round and playing against them is disappointing. Not to mention this probably annoys friends/clans, who wanna play together, even more.

Also I think a nice idea might be to actually make some equipement useful. People usually go for the single best thing availible. It'd be nice to make some equipement vary a bit, not just increase its attributes and cost - crossbows work well for example - "you wanna do high dmg? that's cool and shit, but you're gonna reload way slower, ha!"

Offline Kocik_4th

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: looking for
  • Game nicks: Kocik
  • IRC nick: Kocik
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2011, 10:36:59 pm »
return the oldest
Küfür mü? Ne küfürü? aaa?

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2011, 10:38:22 pm »
- Throwing: Please fix the known issues which existed before the patch. IE: weapons flying off well beyond the reticule, weapons disappearing after being thrown. Stuff like that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2011, 10:40:43 pm »
I miss old throwing.  The current shoot speed is just way too low, I feel like I can outrun my axes.  I'd like to see throwing get a wpf penalty for powerthrow and the old shoot speed back.  That would solve the problem of people going pure pt just like it solved people going pure pd.

Offline Tornkik

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2011, 10:47:21 pm »
I miss old throwing.  The current shoot speed is just way too low, I feel like I can outrun my axes.  I'd like to see throwing get a wpf penalty for powerthrow and the old shoot speed back.  That would solve the problem of people going pure pt just like it solved people going pure pd.

I agree, throwing should rely a lot more on WPF rather than PT.