Author Topic: Archer melee weapons  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Atticus226

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Archer melee weapons
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 04:29:05 pm »
The only thing I don't like at langes messer is the strange thrust animation, it looks weird.
Will this be fixed anytime?
Btw is there anyone who uses/used the fighting axe?
I think it's a bit slow for archers?

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 05:08:08 pm »
The only thing I don't like at langes messer is the strange thrust animation, it looks weird.
Will this be fixed anytime?
Btw is there anyone who uses/used the fighting axe?
I think it's a bit slow for archers?

As I in my previous post, the animation won't be changed, the secondary mode has the objective to be something close to a two-hander, not a pure two hander, and this info was given by a developer.

Use this different animation as a plus in your melee fights, people ain't that used to see a two hander pole mode thrust and can be really tricky.

About the fighting axe, why would want to use that weapon for a 1 slot option? There are several 1 handed better options than a fighting axe (on the cut damage category), like the speed maniac Niuweidao (101 speed), or the long ranged Arabian Cavalry Sword (105 length).
BUt then again, I wouldn't advice cut damage weapons as a archer sidearm, specially if you have low Power Strike.

Feel free to review my previous post, and give a try on the Spiked Mace p.e., or if you want a 1 handed 1 slot weapon, try the Warhammer or a Steel Pick.
Cheers.

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 05:46:30 pm »
As I in my previous post, the animation won't be changed, the secondary mode has the objective to be something close to a two-hander, not a pure two hander, and this info was given by a developer.

Use this different animation as a plus in your melee fights, people ain't that used to see a two hander pole mode thrust and can be really tricky.

About the fighting axe, why would want to use that weapon for a 1 slot option? There are several 1 handed better options than a fighting axe (on the cut damage category), like the speed maniac Niuweidao (101 speed), or the long ranged Arabian Cavalry Sword (105 length).
BUt then again, I wouldn't advice cut damage weapons as a archer sidearm, specially if you have low Power Strike.

Feel free to review my previous post, and give a try on the Spiked Mace p.e., or if you want a 1 handed 1 slot weapon, try the Warhammer or a Steel Pick.
Cheers.

I use the Figting axe because its cheap, 90 length and the cut dmg is good! + i dont think u bounce that often with a 2H wep, because of the weight! Fighting axe is 2 weight(Dunno if its Kg), and i once used the knightly arming sword but i was bouncing pretty often weight 1,3! and its more expensive....

Offline Atticus226

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 06:05:38 pm »

Cheers.

I thought it's something like a bug with langes messer, because it looks so unrealistic to me, that's why I asked.
Were some swords used like that actually in medieval times? I just think the warrior's going to hurt himself? :-P

Concerning the fighting axe:
You're right, but the fighting axe is one of those 1 slot weapons that you ca also use as a 2 handed weapon and that was why I thought about using the axe.
I firstly didn't really like the spiked mace, just because I prefer blades instead of hammers/maces etc.
But maybe I'll try the spiked mace for my next archer ;-) knockdown is really useful :-)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 06:28:35 pm »
Some swords yes, like the Zwiehander, but those parts of the blade were not particularly sharp so that they could be wielded in such interesting ways. As far as I know, most swords were not held that way.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.