Author Topic: Repair System  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Re: Repair System
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 08:42:14 pm »
Two slot items dont have a chance to break twice.... He probably took 2 Danish-es

Then there's no reason a peasant should be using a Danish Greatsword if he can't afford the upkeep.

(Not a peasant? Then don't complain like one) 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 08:56:16 pm »
You know what I do about the upkeep?

I turn off the auto-repair in my character page.

I charge into battlefield with all my plate gears on.

I wear out all my equips until they are in unusable states (Or half-dead for horses)

And then I'd repair them manually through character page to only pay the repairs once (Only 5% for like -3 items, not 20% total), instead of every round.

I don't know if that's a bug or intentional, but it certainly is saving me tons of gold. I can appear as a plated knight every now and then even though they're mostly rusty or crude, but the players don't need to know that :mrgreen:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 09:00:31 pm »
Two slot items dont have a chance to break twice.... He probably took 2 Danish-es, or if he didnt he probably picked one up for some reason

Then 'splain why me and other users have encountered certain swords or bows (like my warbow) breaking twice? It would be difficult for me to shoot anyone if I have two warbows considering that would leave me with no arrows... and I distinctly remember shooting people... Then 'splain the screen shot in the original post.

There may not be a deliberate chance, but there is a chance via glitch or whatever that allows this to happen...

EDIT: here is an example of someone complaining about this happening:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,4596.0.html
The bug forum has a few more. Seeing as threads like that one went unanswered, people start assuming that it is part of the game mechanics, and rumor mill goes wild saying "yeah this is on purpose."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 09:18:38 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Belhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 05:03:59 am »
You know what I do about the upkeep?

I turn off the auto-repair in my character page.

I charge into battlefield with all my plate gears on.

I wear out all my equips until they are in unusable states (Or half-dead for horses)

And then I'd repair them manually through character page to only pay the repairs once (Only 5% for like -3 items, not 20% total), instead of every round.

I don't know if that's a bug or intentional, but it certainly is saving me tons of gold. I can appear as a plated knight every now and then even though they're mostly rusty or crude, but the players don't need to know that :mrgreen:

That's pretty nifty. I never bothered to understand the usability mechanics and always left auto-repair on.

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 07:46:25 am »

I just tested this, and it does currently work as Kenji has stated. It appears that the repair button fully repairs the item regardless of the number of times the item is damaged. This allows players to field more gold worth of equipment they would with auto-repair enabled if they are willing to suffer the statistic penalties between repairs. This seems the most exploitable with heirloom items as they can suffer more damage results between having to be repaired. Armors also seem like good candidates for exploitation in general as the tier system of armors are such that a damaged set of armor is similar to a somewhat heavier version of the set of armor one step below it.

I would not expect this particular feature to last long...

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 07:49:12 am »
What kenjii said isn't rly worth it since u will lose so much armor on 2nd degrade that the weight of the armor combined with shit armor makes it sorta pointless.

You might aswell just run around in some cheap mail armor with lower weight and the same armor....

Why lose wpf with no armor benefits  :?:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 10:20:15 am »
- Why do I have to pay upkeep next round if I keep a weapon that I picked up on the battlefield? I neither own nor have bought it, yet it still needs to be repaired?
You use it, you repair it. You do OWN it till you die or the map rotates. Don't want to own it and repair it? drop it to the ground before the round ends.

- Why is upkeep always higher then gold gained in DTV? Even with peasant armour you still lose money with a high multiplier.
DTV is easily exploitable to get lots of gold. You tend to spend longer fraction of the time on above one multiplier.

- Why do multipliers lessen when players leave the server from your team? If it's based on how good they were isn't teamwork more important?
Never noticed the multiplier going down not due to a round loss.

- Why are some weapons so expensive that wearing them with not light armour is not possible? REALLY high prices make sense for armour, but not for weapons. A heavy bastard wielder isn't going to be much weaker than someone using a flamberge for example.
Not possible? check your head. They are expensive because they are - this is part of the game. If you really think that a heavy bastard is just as good as a flamberge, then use a heavy bastard.

- why are the slower horses (chargers) THAT much more expensive then faster horses (rounceys and coursers)? They leave the riders vulnerable to archers / other cav and without heavy armour are pretty pointless. So you will drain pretty much any amount of money if you use them. Their presence also is not worth the 65k which is equivalent to 7 rounceys and they are certainly not 7x better in any situation.
Are you forced to use them? didn't think so. If you have a constructive suggestion regarding their balance, present it and quit yer QQ. Just for the record, cavs are my old friends - real men eat horses, not ride them.

Offline Shinimas

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 10:22:46 am »
I wear medium armor and break even on x1. If anything, I'd vote for armor price increase, too many people running around in transitional armor.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 10:56:26 am »
I wear medium armor and break even on x1. If anything, I'd vote for armor price increase, too many people running around in transitional armor.

No1 cares what you vote...

If people with your perspective where in charge we would all be running around in wedding dresses fighten with pitchfork's and stones..
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:04:55 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 11:56:21 am »
No, we would fight with flower bouqets.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?