Author Topic: Archers buffed too much  (Read 24300 times)

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Archers buffed too much
« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2011, 11:16:10 pm »
+1
Plate was not at all uncommon on battlefields, at least from the 14th century on.

what kind of plate?
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2011, 11:19:38 pm »
+1
what kind of plate?

Piecemail plate.  Breastplates were quite common.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2011, 11:30:44 pm »
+2
Get one of the cheapo shields. Use while advancing. Stop being scrubs.

This sentence is obsolete, and said a million time, is this your only answer to improve the fun and gameplay of other players?

1handers have a shield, a lot of 2handers and polearm have a shield, we even see archers with a shield... (are they traitors?)

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
« Reply #258 on: January 13, 2011, 11:50:17 pm »
+1
It's the only logical response to people who want to see archers taken the the point where no 2H user needs to fear them.
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 14, 2011, 12:03:52 am »
+1
First, a shield doesn't help so much. The only effect is making archers focus on another defenseless prey. They still can shot feet or head, or the sides of a shielder.
Second, ladders weren't removed, making a large part of archers go in places safe from cavalry, without any teamwork involved. Literally taking zero risk from anything except other archers.
Third, everyone is running in mail or less. Only people that do leeching or were very rich are able to pay plate from time to time. You can't avoid ranged fire much, which means armor is your best protection against it, and it was reduced to dirt since upkeep came out.
Fourth, there are no more open maps where cavalry can succesfully counter archery. Every battle happens in a village or even a town ( :shock: :rolleyes:) with vantage points everywhere.

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2011, 12:18:12 am »
+1
First, a shield doesn't help so much. The only effect is making archers focus on another defenseless prey. They still can shot feet or head, or the sides of a shielder.
Second, ladders weren't removed, making a large part of archers go in places safe from cavalry, without any teamwork involved. Literally taking zero risk from anything except other archers.
Third, everyone is running in mail or less. Only people that do leeching or were very rich are able to pay plate from time to time. You can't avoid ranged fire much, which means armor is your best protection against it, and it was reduced to dirt since upkeep came out.
Fourth, there are no more open maps where cavalry can succesfully counter archery. Every battle happens in a village or even a town ( :shock: :rolleyes:) with vantage points everywhere.
First, a shield doesn't help so much. The only effect is making archers aim at someone who is not you?
:shock: :rolleyes:, indeed!

Compared to before .200, archers fire slower, softer, and with less accuracy than before. The decent players, and some of the less decent ones too, don't seem like they have much problems with the allegedly unavoidable ranged fire. Perhaps all the hot air is leaving too much of a trackable heat signature for our Ground-To-Face missiles to follow?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:21:00 am by Ashrik »
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 14, 2011, 12:22:09 am »
+1
It's the only logical response to people who want to see archers taken the the point where no 2H user needs to fear them.

You didn't read my precedent posts... and i'm not a 2H.

just some quote :
I repeat the problem is not that archers are OP, the problem is the number of archers that spam the server, few are good, many are noobs, but as much as archery is easymod as much we will have more ppl playing archers(specialy noobs).

I don't want a rollback to .200, archery needed a buff, but not as is it now.

I agree that archery needed a buff, it was useless and ridiculous in .200, but not that much buff, now it's just like prepatch.

I don't speak of shield nerf, it's normal that an archer can shoot me in my feet if i don't protect well or dodge, and 1vs1 against archer is now more balanced, the archer have a chance to shoot me before i reach him, but if there is more than 2 archers, i can't dodge and protect every side of my body, then i have no chance to reach one, and that's unbalanced (and not fun for inf).

Offline Baddy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 14, 2011, 12:34:33 am »
+1
This sentence is obsolete, and said a million time, is this your only answer to improve the fun and gameplay of other players?

1handers have a shield, a lot of 2handers and polearm have a shield, we even see archers with a shield... (are they traitors?)

Well it's not exactly fun to have rounds draw because archers run around away from people and then the next game nobody gains any exp/gold.

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2011, 12:43:10 am »
+1
A lot of people need to read before posting.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2011, 12:52:31 am »
+1
Shield isn't really the solution, since you can shoot a shielder in the sides (that is, a dedicated shielder, someone just picking up a cheap one you can shoot in the feet anyway) - especially nowdays - and with archers distributed around you're always open to someone. Not to mention HAs. A shield is more useful for countering the throwing scourge (which has shieldbreaking weapons, ha ha), really, unless there's one archer and you're advancing at it directly. Tough luck for you should you have to turn to face other archers or melee.

The best way to deal with the situation is to make an archer.  :D
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2011, 02:16:19 am »
+1
As an archer, I am tired of being 1 shot by you 1handers, 2handers, throwers, peasants with sticks, cav, harsh language... and request, nay, demand that you all be nerfed.  :twisted:

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Forgivers_PxC
« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2011, 02:38:10 am »
+1
18th page that so funny keep it goin
Actually, it's because I love playing archer, and I like it to be special.
Sad !

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2011, 02:38:44 am »
+1
As an archer, I am tired of being 1 shot by you 1handers, 2handers, throwers, peasants with sticks, cav, harsh language... and request, nay, demand that you all be nerfed.  :twisted:

It's not like an archer can't have a melee weapon to oneshot other people with, too.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2011, 02:39:43 am »
+1

If you are that bad at manual blocking, get a shield!! :D

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2011, 02:42:23 am »
+1
Dodge the new animations give you near damn exact time of the shot.