Author Topic: Archers buffed too much  (Read 24276 times)

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Archers buffed too much
« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2011, 03:44:59 pm »
Archers are a lot easier to dodge now since the animation tells you when there going to shoot you run straight at them wait till there bow is up then strafe left or right, most archers will miss obviously some are better then others and will still get hits on you, but buy a damn sheild, even the wooden sheild i use on my 2hander takes between 2-6 arrows dependant on the one firing, theres just no excuse unless blindsided, nothing you can do about that, same if you blindside them and 1 shot them. :p

I basically see 0 archers topping the scoreboards its the same people it has always been cav and 2handers, i don't see why everyone bitchs about the archer that got a lucky kill on you and has maybe a decent k:d ratio of 2:1 when the cav that are running about have a k/d ratio of 10:1.
Usually the best the archer does is hit you once and distract you enough for that cav player to run you down, then you all blame the archer for being op.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:53:45 pm by Lamix »

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2011, 03:51:57 pm »

Archery though... I think I've got 3 archer kills already, and I've caused several more via interrupting enemies in melee.  Firing into melee is even easier than I thought it would be.  I've only hit a teammate twice.  After throwing for the last couple weeks, archery feels like a railgun by comparison.  I've dueled enemy throwers and haven't died yet to a throw that I saw coming, and had more than enough time between their throws to fire back.  I don't know why people complain about archery animation being too slow.

Not sure if you were fighting throwing lances, but the daggers, shuriken or wardarts will come at you before you can loose the arrow.

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2011, 03:55:46 pm »
Yeah that's BS. Most Throwers will be able to aim and fire before you finish your animation- everytime
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2011, 03:57:49 pm »
+1
They aren't full of archers, and loads of people didn't reroll in the 30 hours since the mini-patch came out.

Maybe not full of archers, but there are enough that I hold my shield up nearly all the time again. From a NA server yesterday:
(click to show/hide)

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2011, 06:20:16 pm »
(click to show/hide)
NERF ARROW LENGTH!!!

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2011, 08:05:04 pm »
with my inf alts now, 1v1 against archer, i always get close easily and kill him... and thats without shield with 2h... i can hold 3-4 shoots in the body, animation is so slow that archer can't fire many shoots until i get to him, and is easy enough to dodge... archers can't hold aim long anymore...
nerfing them again will make them useless again
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2011, 08:23:51 pm »
Not sure if you were fighting throwing lances, but the daggers, shuriken or wardarts will come at you before you can loose the arrow.

Mostly axes.  Didn't face any of those yet.  I was a thrower before this, though, and I know those throw just *barely* faster than an archer shoots.  It won't work if your timing is off or you take any time to aim, and you have a lower chance of hitting due to your inaccuracy and the slow projectile speed.  Daggers and shurikens fly fairly fast, but wardarts are slow enough to dodge.

Offline buy_dsr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2011, 08:31:55 pm »
Maybe not full of archers, but there are enough that I hold my shield up nearly all the time again. From a NA server yesterday:
(click to show/hide)
boy you were all lost between all those archers

Offline buy_dsr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2011, 08:33:11 pm »
boy you were all lost between all those archers
how dare they show up like this in such great numbers and also gather all in the correct spot for them
ops fail edit
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:35:51 pm by buy_dsr »

Offline Amadeo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2011, 09:05:59 pm »
(click to show/hide)

So you got a picture of somewhere between 8 and 10 archers (might be 8, but 10 if everyone in the shot is an archer)... out of what, 60 people on your team? So lets assume there are a few more running around somewhere and make the math easy and say there were 12 total on your team. 1 in 5 (or 20%) of people are playing archer.

Is that too many? What is an acceptable number of archers on a team? 10%? Seriously ... =P

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2011, 10:33:46 pm »
It's not quite as bad, but we are nearly back to the situation pre-patch where many maps forced infantry into spending three quarters of the battle cowering behind a wooden barn in a village while the archers shot each other, then once one side had won the shooting match, charging in to finish off the survivors. It just didn't feel like a mediaeval battle and the last patch has moved things back in that direction.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline AgentQ

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2011, 10:45:58 pm »
So you got a picture of somewhere between 8 and 10 archers (might be 8, but 10 if everyone in the shot is an archer)... out of what, 60 people on your team? So lets assume there are a few more running around somewhere and make the math easy and say there were 12 total on your team. 1 in 5 (or 20%) of people are playing archer.

Is that too many? What is an acceptable number of archers on a team? 10%? Seriously ... =P

NA is 80 or 100 population cap, a team is max 40/50. It's between 24%-30% if server is full at the time of capture.

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2011, 10:59:12 pm »
Archers are crazy good now.
As an archer, I would know this.

This might be able to stifle the huge polearm addiction everyone is getting and force them to grab a shield or some mail.
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2011, 12:12:30 am »
we are nearly back to the situation pre-patch where many maps forced infantry into spending three quarters of the battle cowering behind a wooden barn

Yup.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Mouse

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Mouse, Nezumi, Maus
« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2011, 12:24:14 am »
Native archers shoot faster and more accurately, but people who play native don't hide behind barns. They use shields! O-M-G! Can you imagine that? It's absurd that anyone would use a shield instead of a flamburger! I wonder why archers almost never kill me in cRPG? Oh wait, right, I use a shield build. Why can't I kill ol' Balby with my archer? Oh wait, right, he uses a shield build too. Moral of this story? Stop complaining!