Author Topic: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.  (Read 26795 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.
« Reply #210 on: June 15, 2011, 07:00:45 am »
Hahah that's even worse. This guy who isn't the OP but claims to speak for him pretty much admits that this is just a pointless whine thread. Good job, buddy.

man, are you retarded? the fact that this is just whine thread has been mentioned several times...bravo, cpt.Obvious, for stating the obvious!

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #211 on: June 15, 2011, 07:19:00 am »
Must be an NA problem then. over 80 % ranged? I dont think so. At least on EU there is 20 - 30 % cav on some maps.
My estimation would be about max 30 % - 35 % dedicated ranged. Not counting the shielders who have an xbow with low wpf shooting once and than go into meele.
Everything which is not dedicated range is not really a thread. putting random bolts aside.

I dont see the problem. I with my polearm alt seldom get shot. Sure you have to go for cover and stuff. but random headshots which happen from time to time are not really a threat as they are rare.
 maybe at the end of round when there are a couple of archers left it gets more intens.

But who are these archers shooting at? I would say mostly other archers (because they stand still every shot), cav coming near them and low armored. At least thats what I do with my archer, again only in the early and mid time of the round, not at the end.

I play on EU and NA quite often, and EU seems reasonably balanced. Archers aren't overpowered, but neither is cavalry or infantry. It's all about the maps in my opinion, that dictate the builds the players choose. The reason NA have so many ranged is simply because the NA maps are not usually cav friendly and have MAAANY places for archers to get up and shoot from. I like the NA maps, don't get me wrong, but they can be edited to make players want to play infantry or cavalry more than ranged, therefore balancing it a bit.

Archers run, deal with it. They run simply because they can't fight in melee if they aren't the archers who are able to carry around some giant ass 2hander whilst still having chainmail, a strong bow, good arrows, and pinpoint accuracy somehow... (little rage in that. But regardless stronbows are annoying.)

Longbowmen and Warbowmen I respect. But too many archers of late have been using the strong bow. Just a bit too many...

Bows have their strengths and weaknesses, but man. It seems like the strong bow is just a bit too good. Or overused, can't decide which.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 07:20:01 am by Reinhardt »
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
« Reply #212 on: June 15, 2011, 07:35:34 am »
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #213 on: June 15, 2011, 07:38:58 am »
lol loki thx good laugh..

Btw where did u get that clip from what movie TELL ME TELL !!!!  :!: :!: Rabble kha bla!!!!   :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 15, 2011, 07:42:08 am »
lol loki thx good laugh..

Btw where did u get that clip from what movie TELL ME TELL !!!!  :!: :!: Rabble kha bla!!!!   :lol:

Arn the Templar II

that video was the best thing for a while, totally caught me off guard

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #215 on: June 15, 2011, 07:54:53 am »
I just played for a couple hours with double crossbows, bolts, and a fighting axe. It was seriously easy. I have 1 wpf in crossbow, I'm a 2h. I just picked them up to see how easy archery is... I just kill horses in 1 shot if they run at me, and if they don't, I'll easily shoot it down with the next shot then continue to kill the rider since they think I can't fight. Honestly, people say archery is hard, but it only seems like it would take a couple hours to master. Sure, I can't hit extremely far away targets cause low wpf but I just double barrel crossbow people all day. Just my two cents on that crossbows should require wpf to use.

Edit: Archery does take skill. But more skill is required in melee. When shooting, you have to determine distance, speed of projectile, and stuff like that... Take a couple shots and you will determine your how high your reticle needs to be. However, in melee, you must think about blocking, attacking, footwork, when to attack, when to feint, when to spin and spam, blah blah... Just must think more actively when meleeing imo... I just kind of zone out when I play some shooters ya know!?
I'm not trying to brag or anything; however, I do play alot of shooters like CSS and love playing COD's minigame "Sticks and Stones."
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 08:21:10 am by PieParadox »

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 15, 2011, 07:57:33 am »
I just played for a couple hours with double crossbows, bolts, and a fighting axe. It was seriously easy. I have 1 wpf in crossbow, I'm a 2h. I just picked them up to see how easy archery is... I just kill horses in 1 shot if they run at me, and if they don't, I'll easily shoot it down with the next shot then continue to kill the rider since they think I can't fight. Honestly, people say archery is hard, but it only seems like it would take a couple hours to master. Sure, I can't hit extremely far away targets cause low wpf but I just double barrel crossbow people all day. Just my two cents on that crossbows should require wpf to use.

Double barrel crossbow =/= archery

it's just another form of fine art called 'Poopsocking'

e: I use xbow myself sometimes and I agree that it should need to have some wpf to actually hit something with it

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 15, 2011, 08:02:09 am »
The arguement has led to a battle!

http://youtu.be/MPmcyxexFaU?hd=1

Whaaat, if they held the arrow for so long their reticule would be huge :D

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #218 on: June 15, 2011, 08:07:07 am »
Well I can also use the arbalast and steel bolts with a spiked mace and just do as good against horses and people... However it depends greatly on the map. Then I can sort of fight archers with cover.

Edit: Also, do arrows still home in on stuff like an aim assisted rocket? Remember that happened to me long ago
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 08:09:35 am by PieParadox »

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 15, 2011, 08:07:24 am »
Whaaat, if they held the arrow for so long their reticule would be huge :D

Power Draw 10  8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #220 on: June 15, 2011, 08:52:52 am »
No idea if I could be arsed to reply on this thread allrdy or not.... xD

Well,  I am a person that is usually full of hate, thats how I shout errm roll.

Now about unbalance (which makes me whine the most):

Archery as a class isnt that strong (one archer solo). We all know that archery is fucking as balanced now as it never was before.

About the topic:
Archers tend to group up, same as melee. Nothing wrong here.

Now three things happen that lead to a subjective feeling that there is sooooo many archers:

Certain time of day where there simply is many archers on one server.
Simply bad luck.

A group of archers (remember, they like to group up) is alive, you havent seen many opponents before in that round and all of the sudden you see this group poping up.

You get shot before you reach that group of archers and simply think its unfair (while not taking into account that the same number of melee, working as a team would ve killed you the same way).

The number of archers can surrly be to high for some rounds, sometimes, but never felt too high in general.

The most i want everybody here to remeber is the prejanuary state of archery as a class and the number of archers(+what they were able to do)

What you face now is mostly manageable // killable :-)

And @ Fallenarcher squad:
They act as a team in the same, now balanced class. Wtf can be wrong with that?

I faced them, I QQ ed, but whenever the mainbattle was lost by their melee, they had to run, they were defenceless one hits mostly.

P.S: Melee only servers are fucking boring

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2011, 09:07:55 am »
Only real problem I have are archers on my own team.

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 15, 2011, 09:49:47 am »
Edit: Archery does take skill. But more skill is required in melee. When shooting, you have to determine distance, speed of projectile, and stuff like that... Take a couple shots and you will determine your how high your reticle needs to be. However, in melee, you must think about blocking, attacking, footwork, when to attack, when to feint, when to spin and spam, blah blah... Just must think more actively when meleeing imo... I just kind of zone out when I play some shooters ya know!?

Objectively speaking, nothing in the game has a higher skill ceiling than ranged weapons.  Most of the stuff you mention is related to tactics or awareness, which is a good point but more along the lines of decision making rather than skill or mechanics. 

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2011, 09:53:18 am »
Objectively speaking, nothing in the game has a higher skill ceiling than ranged weapons. 
...   :shock:
Obvious troll, or blatant idiocy.  Not sure which yet.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Elerion
  • IRC nick: Elerion
« Reply #224 on: June 15, 2011, 10:26:45 am »
I'm fairly sure both melee and ranged have impossibly high skill ceilings that no one in the game has come close to reaching.
It's theoretically possible as a melee to always chamber every incoming attack. No one does this.
It's theoretically possible as ranged to always place your reticule at the exact correct position to hit, barring dodges/inaccuracy. No one does this, and even 10 year CS pros can't do this.
All melee and ranged could also get much better at positioning, tactics and awareness.

Discussing which is harder is pointless. This is a stupid whine thread.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:28:04 am by Elerion »