Author Topic: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.  (Read 26792 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.
« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2011, 01:13:48 pm »
I doubt people would've used Sniper Xbow with the upkeep anyway. 939 denars for one shot, or standing with your ass up in the air for 10 seconds to shoot one more? No, I seriously think that they wouldn't have used it as a sidearm if it indeed was one slot.

I keep seeing you viagrians on the battle server with the normal xbow shotgunning people....  :?

Yes indeed, lack of crossbow wpf has to have a devastating effect, the slot patch only made people drop sniper xbows for weaker xbows.

Told you so.... but people would rage and bitch when i made a warning thread 3 days after the patch..... 

But atleast my troll bar got a boost  :mrgreen:

Nonetheless archery is fine like i kept saying and many people tries to say its when u add in 1 wpf xbows in the mix of all the shit flying around that u get to the point where you rage....
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 01:17:18 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2011, 01:28:22 pm »
I keep seeing you viagrians on the battle server with the normal xbow shotgunning people....  :?

I've only seen Unreal with a sidearm myself, but really, I don't care what they do. Myself, I have 3 PS and 0 melee wpf, and an arbalest, so don't bring me into this. Also, I was talking about sniper crossbow and its ridiculous price for the slow load, non-dedicated ofc, and that I would doubt that many would grab it as a sidearm if it indeed was one slot.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2011, 01:31:27 pm »
Obviously our two crossbowmen are so fearsome that they create the impression of a multitude. :lol:
Don't.

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2011, 01:32:35 pm »

Fact is archers can be easily countered if you are in an organized group (even melee only). Especially those archer who aren't organized, like the ones usually on public servers.
Only a bunch of unorganized archers can be taken down by a group of melee guys, they only need to run away in different directions and crossfire you.

Fact is that archers become way more powerful as long they know how to play together IE don't stay in the same spot and run to expose enemy flank to allied arrows
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2011, 01:34:26 pm »
Only a bunch of unorganized archers can be taken down by a group of melee guys, they only need to run away in different directions and crossfire you.

Fact is that archers become way more powerful as long they know how to play together IE don't stay in the same spot and run to expose enemy flank to allied arrows

True but why shouldn't they  :?: what you describe is how the archers should be played
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2011, 01:40:50 pm »
Cool!  What server is this??  Would love to be able to see my stats on a server, been mostly playing tunatown lately and I knw we don't track that yet.

P.S. BRD and Cavalieres REPRESENT - oh yeah, top 2 tks.

www.nacrpg.net
This is all of Ecko's servers, searchable and very good for showing all manner of things including alts.

As for the comment of "out of 120 players only 20 should be range" that would still involve people complaining about range. People will bitch about it even with just one archer on the map.

I also find it damn amusing that many of you who bitch about it use a damn xbow sidearm a lot of the time too, but oh wait I forgot, this is because you "have to" and other such reasons, right. Good job contributing to the range spam!  :lol:

Maybe some of us are ridiculing you guys so much because even though the OP is not calling for nerfs and just complaining abou the amount of range, there are more then enough users in it calling for nerfs anyways (like that charming comment "remove the reticule" bullshit).

It has been a week or more since I bothered to play my main... maybe I should so I can contribute more to all the complaining!  :mrgreen: Even with 8 Fallen playing and only two of them being archers I still see the entire server start complaining about Fallen Archer Spam, feels good to know that just a few of us can supress the entire server... feels good man... feels good...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 01:58:11 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2011, 02:11:06 pm »
Not to start that discussion, but the reason the fallens/HRE did win was because they had much more archers than us, even more than what we agreed on beforehand. It was a big archerfest.

There was no agreement on amount of archers. Stop spewing BS.

And i daresay we won by more than just our use of archers.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #202 on: June 14, 2011, 02:14:04 pm »
There was no agreement on amount of archers. Stop spewing BS.

And i daresay we won by more than just our use of archers.

Purely cooincidence that the video shows our melee coordinating better  :rolleyes:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 14, 2011, 02:23:19 pm »
Zapper, how's the world on the blind side?

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #204 on: June 14, 2011, 02:39:09 pm »
True but why shouldn't they  :?: what you describe is how the archers should be played
They should be played in this way and that's why an archery unbalance in a team is the worst thing that can happens, unless it's a completly open map

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #205 on: June 14, 2011, 04:39:03 pm »
Told you so.... but people would rage and bitch when i made a warning thread 3 days after the patch..... 

But atleast my troll bar got a boost  :mrgreen:

Nonetheless archery is fine like i kept saying and many people tries to say its when u add in 1 wpf xbows in the mix of all the shit flying around that u get to the point where you rage....
I said so too - I also forgot at the time that it's possible to heirloom the lighter 1-slot crossbows so they aren't much weaker than the heavier ones. Additionally (as I keep banging on) they are effectively guns in that you can put them away and they stay loaded when you take them out again, which is another encouragement to use them as sidearms. So far we haven't had quite the same problems on the EU servers. So far...
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
« Reply #206 on: June 14, 2011, 05:56:34 pm »
I'll be honest, I never enjoyed archery very much because it felt as if it didn't offer enough variety. I enjoy making a melee character over and over again because of all the different armors/weapons I can use with my build, and try cool new things out. Archery seems more blatant when it comes to playstyle selection, there are a small selection of good bows (unlike melee it is easy to see which 3 bows are actually good for any archer build), and you can't really outfit your player in a fun way, because if you aren't wearing rags, you will be at a disadvantage. I understand that this is all due to balancing, but still, if I have the choice between 38 2hander weapon choices (in which the first few peasant items are bad), and 7 bow weapon choices (in which nearly half the bows are for peasant dropping), chances are I will like 38 better. The armor selection for bowman are also 1/2 or 1/4 of what you would be able to choose as a melee class.
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #207 on: June 15, 2011, 06:02:08 am »
The arguement has led to a battle!

http://youtu.be/MPmcyxexFaU?hd=1

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 15, 2011, 06:19:57 am »
The arguement has led to a battle!

http://youtu.be/MPmcyxexFaU?hd=1
And for some reason the thing right after that video was a suggested link to this
http://youtu.be/j7HY8Qhan7k

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
« Reply #209 on: June 15, 2011, 06:24:54 am »
we know about the melee-only servers and guess even more what: we don't want to play there. We don't want to play without ranged units. We don't want ranged units getting more nerfed. We do, however, want battles without 100 out of 120 people shooting.
Hahah that's even worse. This guy who isn't the OP but claims to speak for him pretty much admits that this is just a pointless whine thread. Good job, buddy.
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.