Author Topic: Stealed hairloom hacked account or bug in the Market System  (Read 4056 times)

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
Re: Stealed hairloom hacked account or bug in the Market System
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 03:27:34 am »
Hey there, a friend of mine just linked me this topic.  I do a ton of buying and selling, so I don't remember the transaction specifically.  However, the only mw long espada I remember buying was for 355k, so it was probably yours. 

If I'd heard about this earlier, I'd refund you your item (as I've done with other people who accidentally listed their items for no heirlooms/bugged amounts of gold, etc.), but this was almost two weeks ago, and I traded it to one of my friends, and he traded it to someone else, so I really have no clue where it is now.  It sounds like someone with access to your account sold your mw long espada for roughly the same amount as the axe cost, then bought the axe.

In regards to admin action on this, I asked if any of the devs on IRC would be willing to backtrack this, but they take a very hands-off approach to the market, so don't hold your breath.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 03:53:44 am by Xolvern »
boop

Offline witchkunold

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swordbrothers, RuConquista, VS
  • Game nicks: Leorio, Witch
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 01:41:12 am »
omg. I don't know that to say already :( So much time left now.
I tell admins in thr IRC channel about this accident right after i have found that my sword was stolen (or putted to the market by random/bug in the system).  But got no answer during that last 2 weeks :(

If admins don't wanna backtrack it, then i wishing a good luck to thieves with my sword/gold. Hope, they die in convulsions :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:59:26 am by witchkun »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 01:55:57 am »
http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=mount%26blade-crpg

Ask Here when Europe is more or less awake.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 01:59:59 am »
omg. I don't know that to say already :( So much time left now.
I tell admins in thr IRC channel about this accident right after i have found that my sword was stolen (or putted to the market by random/bug in the system).  But got no answer during that last 2 weeks :(

If admins don't wanna backtrack it, then i wishing a good luck to thieves with my sword/gold. Hope, they die in convulsions :)

I'd be happy to share some of my gold with you to help make it up to you. It really blows when this type of stuff happens.
boop

Offline witchkunold

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 02:01:39 am »
http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=mount%26blade-crpg

Ask Here when Europe is more or less awake.

yeap, i know. Already asked them :( I the first day of then it happens.

Offline witchkunold

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 02:05:05 am »
I'd be happy to share some of my gold with you to help make it up to you. It really blows when this type of stuff happens.

thanks for your offer)) But i can't do that :)  Anyway gold is not the most important thing in the game. But i loved this sword :D . Thanks

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 06:54:17 am »
man there is alot of this going on wtf something must be wrong about the login, maybe a bug being exploited in the market system by a real hacker or someone with a password generator is hacking accounts?
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2011, 07:05:04 am »
man there is alot of this going on wtf something must be wrong about the login, maybe a bug being exploited in the market system by a real hacker or someone with a password generator is hacking accounts?

as long as you have good pwd, no generator can get thru...the hacking of this would be much more probable by guys guessing passwords or something, i saw this happened a lot on NA before (read thru the posts), mostly to people whose pwd was the same as char name or something like 12345 or bullshits like that, anyways, the pwd guessing should be traceable, as i read somewhere again that they implemented something on the website to track this or whatnot, anyways, sucks :( but no worries, the game is still playable even when poor and without loomed items at all :)