20 (47.6%)
Yes, but it should be more indepth
11 (26.2%)
No I knew all this already
3 (7.1%)
I'm to lazy to read it
8 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Map Making for Dummies [Guide]  (Read 20115 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Map Making for Dummies [Guide]
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2012, 03:05:58 am »
Thank you, do I need to create another cRPG module to host a game ? I just want to host a game on my desktop to test the portcullis, ladders and spawns.

Anyway I moved the sco file and the snippets to ye old fashioned native copy module and I can host the map properly with that one. I need to paint the ground, put some plants and clutter but the structure is finished now :)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 10:54:08 pm »
Should put this in the first post :

LADDERS  (place a ladder with _move after it) how you want it in final position then put an entry point 100-109 on the ground where u want it to lay

GATES

Put the porticlus down where it is in closed then add a Winch nearby should autolink if it doesn't make sure port is touching gatehouse chains and that the winch is on the mount should work then if still doesn't restart map (must be in host server not editor to see things work).  Someone suggested using winch_b

---

And actually, anyone know how to assign door opening rights to either teams?  Right now both teams can open destructable doors. 
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 11:05:52 pm »
Here is a little more comprehensive one from taleworlds forums:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,112806.0.html

Siege has a few differences to other game modes.

Entry points:

Defenders: 0 - 31
Attackers: 32-63
Flag: 66
Siege engine 1: 110 - 119
Siege engine 2: 120 - 129
Siege engine 3: 130 - 139 (edit:noticed this in the code yesterday)
Ladders: 100-109

Placing Players

Place entry points 0-31 to place defender spawn points and 32-63 for attackers.

Placing Ladders

Place the ladder against the wall, how it would look if it was raised.  Use the props with "move" on the end.  Place an entry point at the base of the ladder facing in the direction you would like it to lie on the floor.

Placing siege towers

Siege towers can be tricky!  As with the ladders create them as how they would look on the wall they are attacking. (make sure and place the wheels facing the right way, else they'll spin backwards)
Place entry points 110-119 down for your first tower in the path you want it to follow.
Place entry points 120-129 down if you have a second tower and it will follow that path.
Place entry points 130-139 for a 3rd tower.

Siege towers and ladders will not move properly until you test the map in a playable environment!

Placing the gate

Use the portcullis prop as the gate and use winch_b as the winch.  There is a (rather rubbish) script which handles linking the 2 together, it will simply open the closest gate to it.

Placing the flag

Simply create an entry point with an id of 66 and your flag will appear there for the defenders.

Testing the map

Exit the editor and save the changes.  (The changes will be applied to the map you edited.  You may need to go and rename the file or copy, paste, rename in your module folder.)
You need to then edit, module_scenes,module_scripts and module_strings and add your map in.  If you do a search for multi_scene you'll find the relevant area for your code.  Looking at other maps should make it self explanatory.  You may need to copy in the height map code of the map you edited.  This is the 0x09808088 number that appears in module_scenes.

After you've done that, voila, start up a server, choose siege and load up your map!
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline meta

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2012, 02:21:35 pm »
Shown tutorial for ppl who struggle