Author Topic: fix Q M L so you can hit M when dead  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: fix Q M L so you can hit M when dead
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 11:47:06 am »
I think the timer should be increased, and more importantly make it so that ANY key pressed results in the timer stopping. Leechers that try to bypass this by constantly tapping a key can do it for the m key anyway.

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Elerion
  • IRC nick: Elerion
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 11:57:22 am »
@Elerion : If you see someone who is clearly afk, there's "i" to send a message to admin. If there's no admin, you can always poll kick for leeching/afk.  It's not penalize since you will have "chances" to report only.
The entire point of the system is to have a self-policing system that doesn't require admin interaction. Any limits placed on the system should be aimed at stopping abuse, not stopping legitimate intended use.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 08:41:25 am »
So far i have seen this tool more misused to piss people off than it actually getting rid of leechers...i have been voted mid fight by the same player several times on few maps ... fucking retarded

Offline Kabookie

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kabookieson
  • Game nicks: Kabookie
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2011, 08:44:04 am »
A while ago someone did it to me about 20 seconds after I spawned.
I was typing a reply to an admins question when it happened.
So infuriating! Grrr

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 11:27:39 am »
You can't penalize someone for failed nomination. If you nominate someone that is clearly AFK, and then they come back within 30 seconds, you should not get penalized.

Fix the bug where you can't press M when dead, make the message appear every 5 seconds or so for the duration of the nomination (in case you missed it in battle spam), and output nominations to admin chat. That will solve 99% of the issues.
+1 i totally agree with you

@Elerion : If you see someone who is clearly afk, there's "i" to send a message to admin. If there's no admin, you can always poll kick for leeching/afk.  It's not penalize since you will have "chances" to report only.
But i agree there can be people faking afk, waiting for a report, then pressing M and staying idle. :S Then screenshots is the best you can do.
What you are saying is totally absurd. You're are telling him tham his fixes isn't good because qml should have never existed. Qml has een clearly set to counter the increasing number of leecher. Before Qml if no admin and no pollkick you couldn't remove leecher. Moreover sometimes pollkick didn't pass because player didn't look at chat and just always voted "2". However,  We are not discussing whether to remove qml or not , but how to fix it to avoid glitches.