Author Topic: apex legends  (Read 3168 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: apex legends
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2019, 09:07:16 pm »
Yes, HCOG is the pure red dot. Everything else blocks your vision or is too indistinct to be good (Digital Sight). Also not helped by the fact that there are some truly awful ironsights, like Spitfire is basically unusable without optics.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2019, 09:47:02 pm »
I dont wanna tell u guyz that u dipshits are bunch of losers for playing battle royale.I really not going to say it ,im holding myself.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2019, 09:58:02 pm »
Battle royale does indeed suck as you have so aptly pointed out. I really dislike the genre now, especially since no one is brave enough to do away with the retarded RNG at the beginning. It'd make so much more sense to start everyone with a pistol (and in Apex's case, grey armor, because otherwise finding or not finding an armor makes far too big a difference in the outcome of fights). Main thing keeping me from playing more than a few Apex games at a time is the fact I have to endure the beginning RNG looting phase every time. Also, why is every dev so obsessed with dropping down from planes?

Apex's mechanics are good, though, which overshadows the suckiness of BR as a format, at least for a few matches at a time. For getting the "deaths matter + looting" vibe that BRs are famous for, I much prefer Tarkov-like approach (and arguably it makes you even more scared of dying and happier about winning). Even aside from the RNG of who wins and who dies before you're looted up, I don't like the fact that you can't decide which gun you're using (you can't decide to master, say, Spitfire, because you may not find it for several games in a row), or which attachments you get (legendary barrel and/or stock? Or none? What difference do those make for recoil? Who knows! Too random and rare to get used to what they do. And even worse, some guns are unusable without extended mags.)

Apex is ten times more fun when you're looted up than when in the loot phase (or with crap loot). Even just having no shield batteries will mean you can't actually take fights against more than one person because you'll never be able to recharge your shields in time. And that changes the gameplay completely. And so on.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2019, 10:03:54 pm »
Yes xant i feel you very well brother.The main reason why i hate battle royale is looting part,not the battle part.
Waiting for queue,waiting in menu,waiting in warm up minute,Dev's obssession with jumping down takes 1 min and finally most cancerous ; getting items.And they all vanish when someone shoots u from the back xd.Too much time for me to wait and not get cancer.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2019, 11:20:14 pm »
As for the legends, I think Wraith is ridiculously overrated. Her Q makes her extremely vulnerable. She can't see you, she can't draw her gun immediately after exiting, she can't open doors, she's really visible, etc., etc. It's only useful against bad players and in very niche scenarios where you have instant cover and the enemies are far. Like the video I posted last page has more than a few Wraiths using it to absolutely no avail. Her passive is one of the best passives, but in a game like Apex it's just a nice to have, not awesome or anything. Her ult is a double-edged sword at best. Sometimes it can be nice, but as an ultimate it's pretty fucking meh.

Bangalore's just OP, her passive needs a nerf. Her passive is a ten times better Wraith Q and she has it up constantly. The smokes are also too good because once you get Digital Threat, you can just free kill anyone who doesn't have one. Sadly, her voice lines are so fucking cringey and annoying it's hard to play her.

Pathfinder's cool but pretty much the only legend who has no abilities that help in a direct gunfight. Grapple can be useful before or after, but hardly ever during, since you're very vulnerable while in the air. His passive is the worst passive in the game. Knowing where the next circle is does absolutely fucking nothing in this game.

Bloodhound's ult is pretty damn good in theory but in practice I don't like it because enemies glow red and the HCOG's red dot just fuses right into them, making it harder to aim. He also has no mobility/escapes outside of his ult. He's also loud as fuck in his ult.

Mirage is probably my favorite. Another nigh useless passive (except maybe if you have self-revive), but his active is the best active in the game IMO. You can have a decoy up 24/7 to scout for you, and you get a notification about where the enemy shot it from. The uses for decoys are so many, and you can use it while healing. Also a very good counter against Peacekeeper campers in houses. If you know you're against a good player, you can even do some Dota 2 style jukes where you pretend you're a decoy to escape. His ultimate is also one of the better combat ultimates. That's mainly because the competition isn't very stiff, but still. The circle of decoys is basically useless except as visual obstruction, but the movement speed and cloak can be really good. Not as a last minute escape, but for flanking and engaging. Sometimes it can be annoying, though, because you can't end it when you want to. So if you get spotted (by, say, a Bloodhound in ulti) it can fuck you over hard. Doesn't last for that long though and you can usually juke until it ends. But again, there's never a fight where the decoy doesn't help in some way, which is extremely good. Every other legend's active abilities are very situational.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 11:38:34 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2019, 09:04:51 am »
Bangalore passive is definitely amazing and needs tuning. Her smokes are also great. Probably the best legend right now.

I'd mention Lifeline here being good as well, faster item using and faster revives with that impenetrable shield can be very valuable mid fight. The healing bot is also pretty good as you can recover shields while your bot recovers your (and your teammates) health.

Otherwise agree, Mirage bamboozle skill is great, I don't agree that much on his ulti though, I think it's a bit constricting considering you can't do anything while you're """invisible""". If people are paying attention they're just gonna gun you down and you won't be able to do much about it.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2019, 11:41:03 am »
You should never give the enemies the opportunity to gun you down when you use it. You shouldn't try to appear right next to them, but preferably a bit behind. Or just use it at the start of a flank. If they don't see you, great. If they see you, that's fine, you're moving faster than usual and you should be flanking from far enough away that you can't be lasered down before you get to cover. The cloak is a "nice to have", not something you should plan your route around. Then it works great.

And yes, Lifeline is great, just don't play her myself.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo