Author Topic: Strange armor?  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Tausen

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Yup. That's me alright!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Levy_Spearman Teutonic_Knight_Tausen
Strange armor?
« on: June 02, 2011, 04:00:29 am »
Hello folks, i just startet to play c-rpg, and i love the skin on the strange armor. So what im gonna ask is this: Can i get those strange armors into my singleplayer mode? I have no experience on programming and stuff like that, so what im asking is actually just some help on making a module thats precise the same as the old native warband, but with the 3 kinds of strange armors and the samurai weapons? I dont know if anyone wanna help, but hell. Gues no-ones gonna yell at me for asking about it. Oh and those visby gountlets match perfectly into the samurai armour, so maby those too :-)

Best regards: Me :-)
You can not win all the time. I just wish i did win sometimes :-P

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Re: Strange armor?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 06:00:58 am »
So so so so you need a couple of things to do:

*****Copy paste your native folder or else patches will screw your custom native******

First! Locate the 3 armors (and helmet and boots) (heirloomed or not, that is as you which) in the item_kinds1 file in cRPG, the file is a fucking mess (yes a big fucking mess!) so use ctrl+f to search for the armor, copy the whole armor line, thats is until the numbers touch letters.

Second! Copy said files into your own item_kinds1 in your new native folder. Make you paste them before the item_end line, once you are done with this, you have to set the number that is on top of your item_kind file to 3 more than it already is (I think you start out at 601, so bump that to 610 (611 with the gauntlets)

Third! Locate the mesh of all armors (and helmet and boots)  in the resources folder and their textures in the textures copy the mesh in your module resources folder and the texture in the textures.

Fourth! In the module.ini (the file with a small metal gear on it) copy those lines: load_mod_resource = tenka_armour_pack and load_mod_resource = narfs_transitional_armour_pack and copy them in your own module.ini file.

As for the swords, they are already in the game, but hidden, so you just have to download this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=105928.0 , make sure ALL armor and helmet and boots and gauntlets and swords have the ''merchandise flag,, enable and set their avaibility to 100 (or more)

Final words: due to some stuff being weird in Warband you might have to do the whole proccess for the transitionnal armor since they are tied to the same meshes as teh gauntlets you want, simply dont add a merchandise flag and they wont appear.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 06:02:06 am by Bobthehero »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Tausen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 01:12:44 pm »
Thank you so much! But gues im dumb or something. cant get it to work properly.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 07:02:12 pm »
Post more details on your problem and hopefully Bobthehero will help you out some more. And Bob. I am so annoyed that I can only give you +1 awesomebar. While I wont do this myself, people like you deserve more for helping everyone else. Hat's off.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Belhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 07:06:10 pm »
I thought the Strange armor was already hidden in the singleplayer? Or was that just the diplomacy mod?

Offline Joelturuz

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ratchis
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 07:41:44 pm »
Native does include the strange armor/swords. He was, however, asking how to get the models and textures of cRPG strange armor to Native, as it is greatly improved when compared to the original, which dates back to the first M&B.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 09:14:46 pm »
I thought the Strange armor was already hidden in the singleplayer? Or was that just the diplomacy mod?
In the original MnB it is, in Warband there is only 1 chest that remains, so you will have to use cheatmenu (enable cheat and then open the console with ctrl+~ (IIRC) and then type in cheatmenu_on)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 10:23:28 pm »
I think I have succeded, the module keeps on crashing but thats due to something else that I have installed.

I used the cRPG lordly (and removed the tag, so you wont have alordly lordly armor) version of the armor therefore they will be fucking expensive but the heavy armor is better than plate. I have also buffed the katanas and stuff.

Offline Tausen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 02:07:52 pm »
sounds very nice! any chance i can download that module? Becouse i just fck'ed up my game couse i did something, and i reinstalled it. Yes you warned me abut changeing the native module, but did it becouse i thought it was my other one. for some odd reson.

i made the gountlets apear, but cant make the armor apear... Tho i did the exact same thing as with gountlets (well not exact but you get the point)

And again, thx for the response.

P.S. How do i add to someones awsomebar?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 06:37:46 pm »
You press the + beneath their Awesomebar rating. Here, have one from me :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Tausen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 10:00:22 pm »
if you talking about the 3 pretty picture buttons right below (send message, view profile and the other one i cant remember....) i cant find a + on it... Do you need some permission to use it? im new on fprum.

Tho my best gues is im just bad at finding stuff.

P.S. Im doing something interesting to my Item list from c-rpg in case anyone need to be able to find stuff without killing their eyes. Img doing 2 --ENTER-- right before the --itm-- text, so it will be easier to find stuff. Its gonna take a while but gonna do a little evry day :-)

P.P.S Now i messed up again, cant get gauntlets to show, or the armour in game. Im so terribad at this...

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 10:24:12 pm »
First off all, don't look at your own profile. You can't give yourself awesomebar. It should be RIGHT beneath the Awesomebar tough. In Darkred/brownish colour. A + and a - button. Not one of the three you mentioned tough.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 10:28:50 pm »
 Meh you will learn I immensly srewed my game up the first time I tried to change anything xd.

Also, tested the module on a new and clean version of Warband, works like a charm but the gear is indeed really expensive.

Still waiting the MnB repository to allow me to upload.

Offline Tausen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 04:31:47 am »
Ok, What have done:

I have in the module file typed:

load_mod_resource = tenka_armour_pack
load_mod_resource = narfs_transitional_armour_pack

I have copied the c-rpg ressourse and texture files into my new native module ressource and texture folders.

I have kopied this into the itemkinds1 file and added 4 to the item number. It is right before items end.

itm_imodbits_lordly_wisby_gauntlets_red Lordly_Red_Wisby_Gauntlets Lordly_Red_Wisby_Gauntlets 1  wisby_gauntlets_red_L 0  65551 0 9211 0 0.750000 100 0 14 0 11 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_imodbits_lordly_samurai_boots_red Lordly_Light_Strange_Greaves Lordly_Light_Strange_Greaves 1  Tenka_Black_Boots 0  3854 0 656 0 0.750000 100 0 0 25 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_imodbits_lordly_samurai_armor_red Lordly_Light_Strange_Armor Lordly_Light_Strange_Armor 1  Tenka_Black_Armour 0  16777229 0 4919 0 6.000000 100 0 37 18 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_imodbits_lordly_samurai_mask_heavy Lordly_Heavy_Strange_War_Mask Lordly_Heavy_Strange_War_Mask 1  Tenka_Red_War_Mask 0  12 0 11381 0 3.000000 100 57 0 0 14 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

The gauntlets apear. Often actually. But i cant make the armor apear. What did i do wrong? i tryed a couple of things, like copy the numbers from the plate armor and overwriting the armor numbers on the heavy strange ones, but dint work out.

Do i need to change something?

Btw the item thingy you gave a link too, i cant make it work. When i click it it asks me what program to use for it. And i dont know what kind i need useing.

But gauntlets are better than nothing right? Just cant make the armour work. and swords, well i can get them from the cheatmenu, so no need to do the trouble about getting them in shops. Tho it would be way more nice, since i dont like cheating.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 05:28:14 am »
Whoops, I completely forgot to update the module, sorry, will do this now...

Linky link: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2945

Ah yes, the armors arent set as merchandise, unlike the gauntlets which are merchandisable in the original code.
You need Winrar to be able to unpack both the files on both the links I sent you.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 05:29:59 am by Bobthehero »