Wipe characters only
4 (3.4%)
Other (please post your suggestion)
4 (3.4%)
No, leave it as it is
42 (35.9%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 11, 2018, 12:36:44 pm

Author Topic: Its time for a wipe.  (Read 7623 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Re: Its time for a wipe.
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2018, 08:57:17 pm »
+5
Shut the servers down and bury it, like a dog does to his shit.

You're thinking of cats, bro.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2018, 10:08:57 am »
Maybe so, but I and most others only really find it fun when there are like 50+.

Agreed, Eu1 is only fun when 50+ players. However we still find cRPG fun with less. Every day we play DTV, sometimes as few as 3 people. We also get rather far considered our amount. Its fun despite the lack of players. I miss EU1 though

Offline Trace_Legacy

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2018, 08:43:08 pm »
No wipe?

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2018, 10:29:22 pm »
+11
-The website feels... nice to look at and navigate through. Crpg website on the other hand feels very clunky and as if it has been made by a mediocre webpage designer. (This is just criticism i do not want to insult anyone here) Also do not forget that some items aren't even shown in the shop. Meaning you have to buy them first, so that you can take a look a them.
only a braindead retard would suggest that SOMEHOW this pile of absolute garbage of a website is magically better than c-rpg's
(click to show/hide)
small restricted website with only 1/4 of the screen actually BEING a webpage and the rest of it just being a brown shitstain background.
(click to show/hide)
again, small restricted sized website like before, very simple and basic web design, text assigned with a HTML link to where you want to go. Basic and amateur work.
(click to show/hide)
once again small and restricted, what the fuck is this website? a pencil? nothing really interesting here to point out to make fun of. overall it's just MEH.

C-RPG's website isn't a work of art but it's FAR  better than that piece of shite you call a "website" - a two year old toddler could design that pile of wank in a day by learning the basic steps to HTML and CSS.

(click to show/hide)
website that actually takes up a whole page like a website SHOULD, cool interesting design with a nice background and with banner images assigned with a HTML link to different parts of the website and or links to other sites (I.E. Forums) - Text based buttons with links to other parts of the site as well such as the Strat page
(click to show/hide)
Website spans the whole page as usual, pictures to show each and every item as well as a lot of stat information, once again no brown shitstain to cover the majority of the page, different images to depict each different type of weapon etc that you can pick, I.E. a crossbow for crossbows, a bow for bows, a chestplate for body armour. It works.
(click to show/hide)
website still spans the entire page even though it isn't actually necessary for this bit, only change i would make personally is to have it centered, but that's really a non-issue. Gear shows clearly, displays everything you would need to see.

I don't really give a shit about all the other points you made even though a lot of them were wrong I decided to pick this one to pick apart as it was by far the most retarded. Mercs website is offensive at best to anyone who shows even the slightest interest in web development or EVEN just looking at any pleasing thing known to man. GTFO with your BS about mercs website somehow being better top fucking kek

you can enjoy your shitstain of a site and i'll enjoy an actually well made website. thanks.

Edit: Sorry I also realised I forgot to touch on your last point. The reason not all items are shown in the shop is that each time a new item is added they need to get the model up and take pictures of it, I'm not going to pretend to know the exact logistics but given that they are working on other things that are more important than doing this, they do it when they are able to, remember, these guys aren't being paid for this, they're taking time out of their day for it and not everyone can afford to be available to work 24/7 on mods. Though I will admit, perhaps a community led project to take pics of new items would be a good thing to do, I'd happily do it if somebody would provide me with a list of all the names of brand new items. If you want me to you can message me on the forums and I'll happily do it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 01:39:58 am by Yeldur »

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Trace_Legacy

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2018, 03:42:17 am »
You can defend your mod with various points mate... But its a dead mod.
Mercenaries is still going healthy after almost 2 years without an update (200-220 players at peak hours)
While Crpg is getting updates at a reasonable speed and people are still not willing to play it (barely gets to 20 at EU servers). You and your friends probably like the mod out of nostalgia or something...but honestly its boring and tedious to play.

There are many people asking why others prefer Mercs over Crpg. I stated those answers to you. They may sound retarded but its those little things that actually makes the people encouraged to play.
(gold selling/buying and HH are the most effective ones)

But why am i even bothering? Crpg is dead and it seems like the wipe isn't coming. Time to switch to Mercs if you're from EU or wait for Bannerlord. No need to beat a dead horse.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2018, 05:12:29 am »
bruh, you said it yourself, mercs has real money marketplace. add that to cRPG and we'll max out the servers too.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2018, 05:13:35 am »
+1
Mercenaries is still going healthy after almost 2 years without an update (200-220 players at peak hours)
While Crpg is getting updates at a reasonable speed and people are still not willing to play it (barely gets to 20 at EU servers). You and your friends probably like the mod out of nostalgia or something...but honestly its boring and tedious to play.

There are many people asking why others prefer Mercs over Crpg. I stated those answers to you. They may sound retarded but its those little things that actually makes the people encouraged to play.

But why am i even bothering? Crpg is dead and it seems like the wipe isn't coming. Time to switch to Mercs if you're from EU or wait for Bannerlord. No need to beat a dead horse.
Bye, dont let the door hit you on the way out.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2018, 10:25:57 am »
+2
bruh, you said it yourself, mercs has real money marketplace. add that to cRPG and we'll max out the servers too.

wait wuuut? like, an underground loom exchange like Tanken and Murdertron after him ran? or something official?

really thought that the license agreement would have taleworlds shitting on someone selling stuff on a warband mod for real shekels

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2018, 11:19:17 am »
+5

from 2010 until 2015, and maybe half of 2016, c-rpg had more than 250 active players on average days, and more than 300 on weekends.
Eu1 had at least 100 players, siege had another 90, dtv was always full.

From 2010 until 2013, you needed to wait for a slot to open on EU1 so you could join, and thats a 200 slots server.

I installed Mercs mod a couple of days ago, and god, what a total shit.

With just a long axe and a light armour, I fucking dominated, most of the players are total shit, cant block more than 2 hits.
The gamespeed is inferior
Polestun still exists  :lol:

I could go on and on, but, yeah, Mercs mod aint worth it.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2018, 11:28:41 am »
+6
My most hated factor of Merc mod is the stupid fucking "stun" added to cavalry whenever you land a stab or couch. Makes most cav fights be entirely about speedy hit and run or mass ganking, there's no finesse. You get half of each team being cav in battle and they destroyed anything that made cav vs cav fighting interesting with that one small change.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2018, 02:06:28 pm »
+2

Except you know, the majority of your points were absolute arse. Lol.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2018, 04:15:28 pm »
What does it matter, in the end one is still alive and healthy. Obviously there are things to pick up on. Just the fact that they still have shitty players means people with no attachment to the mod can enjoy it. I think you need to ignore and force yourself to have fun in crpg now.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2018, 05:16:46 pm »
What does it matter, in the end one is still alive and healthy. Obviously there are things to pick up on. Just the fact that they still have shitty players means people with no attachment to the mod can enjoy it. I think you need to ignore and force yourself to have fun in crpg now.
maybe shit tier betas play mercs cause they thrive and squirm around in beta bitch environments but when they come to crpg they get destroit by superior alphas and wriggle back to their beta environments