Author Topic: War Bow (Less HAs?)  (Read 2659 times)

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
Re: War Bow (Less HAs?)
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 06:36:59 pm »
I need a new CD key to try all this crap out
Just a soldier

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 07:05:46 pm »
A player running around with a warbow is more of a threat than 90% of the horse archers out there. I kind of like the horse archers riding around, it gives me something to aim at because most of them ride directly towards you to try and bump shoot you and you just jump and release, nice clean kill.

But anyway, the war bow is much more of a threat to me, even unskilled enemies whether or not they trot around on a horse or not, a foot archer is more of a threat to me due to the higher damage and generally more erratic movement style than someone who has to control a horse and has lower damage.

I am fully against this, i'd rather Horse Archers than foot archers, and if you make the warbow 1 slow, make the longbow 1 slot, i'm not about to allow myself to get slaughtered by someone with a longsword/katana just to reduce the number of Horse Archers...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 09:47:01 pm »
i think HA's are the biggest treat to cav. because HA's can have a courser or arab to keep up with the cav and it may take 10 arrows but the HA will get you even if he is a really bad aimer. that is what couses my hate towards HA's. if your infanterie you can take a shield or have your friends cover you. but as a cav, you can't run, you can't hide, and you can try to take him out but i usually get de-horsed anyway.

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 10:17:50 pm »
remove all bows, and then the problem will be solved  8-)

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 10:46:22 pm »
make strongbow 2 slot instead  :mrgreen:

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 01:52:15 am »
A player running around with a warbow is more of a threat than 90% of the horse archers out there. I kind of like the horse archers riding around, it gives me something to aim at because most of them ride directly towards you to try and bump shoot you and you just jump and release, nice clean kill.

But anyway, the war bow is much more of a threat to me, even unskilled enemies whether or not they trot around on a horse or not, a foot archer is more of a threat to me due to the higher damage and generally more erratic movement style than someone who has to control a horse and has lower damage.

I am fully against this, i'd rather Horse Archers than foot archers, and if you make the warbow 1 slow, make the longbow 1 slot, i'm not about to allow myself to get slaughtered by someone with a longsword/katana just to reduce the number of Horse Archers...

I said make the War Bow one slot, not the Long Bow.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 04:38:09 am »
you can hierloom strongbow and it is same as warbow but half the slots. make warbow 1 slot imo.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 08:58:23 am »
you can hierloom strongbow and it is same as warbow but half the slots. make warbow 1 slot imo.
but than tha longbow should get a buff imo

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 09:20:13 am »
I think that what you said has nothing to do with the amount of HAs...Horse archery is a hard proffesion, very hard, most people suck at it...

This is true ur not a good HA before u reach lvl 28-30 depends what ur aiming for, if ur going for 5 Pd and 4 Ha u need to get to lvl 30 to get a decent HA build!

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 09:39:31 am »
The problem with HA's is that all classes that lack a ranged weapon are not able at all to kill the HA. However, all other classes are able to kill eachother, its only a matter of skill. With the HA its not. If you lack a ranged weapon, you can never kill the HA. Never. It is impossible. Completely impossible.

Did everyone understand that now? If one team has 10 people without ranged weapons, and the other one is just one HA, the HA will win if he has enugh arrows. And that brings us to the weakness of the HA. HA's can be taken down by archers, other HA's and the lack of arrows. Most HA's use strongbow and 3 quivers of arrows. If the strongbow and khergit bow was increased in slot to 2, it would make the HA's a lot easier to kill, since then one only has to dodge 2 quivers of arrows before you can kill him/her. (still a LOT of dodging just to be able to kill someone though) and then the HA can still keep dumping you with his horse untill you die, I've seen it, they are truly that dishonourable)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 01:15:21 pm »
i think HA's are the biggest treat to cav. because HA's can have a courser or arab to keep up with the cav and it may take 10 arrows but the HA will get you even if he is a really bad aimer. that is what couses my hate towards HA's. if your infanterie you can take a shield or have your friends cover you. but as a cav, you can't run, you can't hide, and you can try to take him out but i usually get de-horsed anyway.

1 on 1, a horse archer will almost always beat melee cav, or at least will lose their horse to his arrows. And that is exactly how it should be. HAs are the natural counter to melee cavalry. It should be noted that HAs are susceptible, like all classes, to teamwork and coordination. Two melee cav can trap a HA to his death fairly easily given proper teamwork and awareness, which, really, is what this game is about.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 02:05:57 pm »
1 on 1, a horse archer will almost always beat melee cav, or at least will lose their horse to his arrows. And that is exactly how it should be. HAs are the natural counter to melee cavalry. It should be noted that HAs are susceptible, like all classes, to teamwork and coordination. Two melee cav can trap a HA to his death fairly easily given proper teamwork and awareness, which, really, is what this game is about.
untrue except when your in TS with eachother and bothe have horses that can take more than 4 arrows and can keep up with the HA, not

Offline HentziTheHun

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_HentziTheHun
  • IRC nick: HentziTheHun
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 02:16:30 pm »
If the Strong Bow would get 2 slots then with the rest 30-34 ( 15-17) arrows the Horse Archers would do the same.
I usually shoot all lancers or their horses out and I still have 10- 12 arrows in the end.
So it would not change a lot.

Greetings,
GK_HentziTHeHUn

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 02:19:24 pm »
If the Strong Bow would get 2 slots then with the rest 30-34 ( 15-17) arrows the Horse Archers would do the same.
I usually shoot all lancers or their horses out and I still have 10- 12 arrows in the end.
So it would not change a lot.

Greetings,
GK_HentziTHeHUn
what is your HA skill?!

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 04:33:44 pm »
HA's are fine because....

You need to invest a lot of skills to shoot the bow accurately (4 Horse Archery - 24 Agility)

AND

Dedicated range can easily kill them.

A longbowmen can 1-2 shot a HA's horse, then they become a light archer.

This remains true to historical weaknesses of horse archers and remains true in the game.