Author Topic: Thank You Gentleman  (Read 4667 times)

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
Re: Thank You Gentleman
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 05:45:43 pm »
I found it to be a little insulting, especially when you claim that it's all my fault there's ranged everywhere.

I did not say you are the reason for all the ranged? Like where did I do that? I just said u failed to bring the maps people want to play. Atleast the majority

Yeah, if you want to go through several pages to look for one specific map in a list of 100+ maps. About 30 more than before. I could make it more organised by making it in alphabetical order, but I'll think about how I'll do it.

And what's the problem with that? I would go through the whole post and up or downvote every map. And then in the end take the ones people liked most. A map rotation of 20 maps is enough in my opinion. If people keep complaining about one just switch it with another one.

Edit: Before you do that u should throw those ones out people obv don't want to play. I think with my reply on ur post u should have the better ones already.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:49:26 pm by BlackxBird »

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaxi, Athelar, Drappi
  • IRC nick: Drappi
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 06:14:05 pm »
I did not say you are the reason for all the ranged? Like where did I do that? I just said u failed to bring the maps people want to play. Atleast the majority

With everything you said, you're kinda implying that my map rotation is the reason ranged is like it is now.

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 06:31:45 pm »
+11
look here nerds. i genuinely think that the issue is NOT the MAP or the amount of RANGED on a single team OR the OPness of archers as much as it is about the PURE QUANTITY OF RANGED PLAYERS.

It really shouldn't matter if you're playing on a open field and team A has all of the cav and team B has all of the archers. what should matter is if you are on a 15v15 server (30 population), team b has 7 archers and team a has 10 cav

it just ruins the game

to be perfectly honest, archers and crossbows should be pretty strong, but there should NOT be so fucking many of them.

next time you are on battle and it's like 20v20 and you notice theres only a couple archers on the server, even if they are on the same team, you will see that there's no problem at all. ranged stacks arent really a problem at all. it's literally just the SHEER QUANITITY

ive said it so many times and so many people just call me a dumb retard like "DERRRR ASSINGTON THAT WILL NEVER WORK OR BE IN CRPG" but this mod needs some sort of team class portion limit, i.e., no more than 15% of a team can be cav or 15% can be ranged just like in native and NW where admins can limit the proportions of a class allowed

if this kind of code/script whatever already exists in those mods, couldnt it be altered for crpg? IM SORRY IF IT CANT IM NOT A GAME DEVELOPER GOD NOR ARE MANY OF US AT ALL

if doing this is quite actually impossible/impractical, I want to hear it from a DEV'S mouth, not some forum tryhard who thinks they know the game
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 06:37:10 pm »
I enjoyed playing crpg again for two months. It started slow but right now, wow. The amount of ranged players raised from day to day. I have to constantly watch my players GTX. The only reason I can stand that shit for more than 5 minutes is some beer  :mrgreen: . But that is no long term solution I gues^^.

I just want to make u guys aware that u kill the mod. Once again. 2 years ago it was the throwers and trollers. Today it is the archers and crossbows

The mods population raised fast, got high. And kept there. Then it fell slowly, but consitent.

Get a shield, get over it, crybaby. That's what you're called when saying anything about it. I think I played this shit long enough to consider this to be fatal. There is a point when Balancers and Admins can't do shit anymore.

I remember being on a completely open field map two days ago. I was like "omg fuck this no way to do good here". Someone mentioned he remembers someone going 50:1 here. HOW. How was he able to do that? As a melee. Nowadays u can be stronger than any other melee, but still get rekt if u're unlucky. It is not about ranged being too op. There were ranged. And good ones. OMG. They dominated servers on their own, but the moment they were outplayed they got rekt. I'm leading battles since I am 14. There is no way melee can outplay ranged in anyway if the ranged are too many. 

And to you dear Athelar. You did the exact oposite of what you were supposed to do. Bring closer maps so people can get cover. What happened? 50% of the maps are open field now. GJ. Not saying I don't appreciate the try, but dood u 100% failed. I understand everyone playing EU7 right now even though I never did.

I'm gonna join the strat battles, but holy fuck as long as u guys keep that up Im not trying to get players to play and neither am I playing on my own. (Only I got atleast 10 old players to play actively again)

Edit: I know I'm pretty hated in this community and I will get a shitton of downvotes here probably, but maybe some of u will be encouraged to make the mod environment playable again. PLZ don't let it die again.

get a shield
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2018, 07:33:06 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

That's exactly what I said. It's not the admins/devs/balancers fault. It's the players. Sure by now instead of changing the ranged classes they could have actually nerfed it to what it was before that undestiny thing. Id really like to know who's idea it was to buff horsearchers again..

Offline N1PS

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA Ravens, EU Nords
  • Game nicks: SP1N, N1PS
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2018, 07:48:15 pm »
+5
ive said it so many times and so many people just call me a dumb retard like "DERRRR ASSINGTON THAT WILL NEVER WORK OR BE IN CRPG" but this mod needs some sort of team class portion limit, i.e., no more than 15% of a team can be cav or 15% can be ranged just like in native and NW where admins can limit the proportions of a class allowed

Guys, assington said something smart.
(click to show/hide)

Offline ArcherHelot

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • GaycherGaylot
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants, Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: ArcherHelot
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2018, 07:52:54 pm »
I agree with bensai guy, do not need nerf ranges, you need nerf their population on the server  :|
But it will be difficult to do it right, because there are archers and crossbowmen like me, algarn, veselov most gay, beleg, and some more guys who have all their lives played like ranges, and it will be insulting if we begin to suffer only because some disgruntled schoolchildren-infantrymen began to play ranges :mad:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 08:00:15 pm by ArcherHelot »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2018, 08:02:26 pm »
+4
because there are archers and crossbowmen like me, algarn, veselov most gay, beleg, and some more guys who have all their lives played like ranges

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2018, 08:14:02 pm »
+2
I agree with bensai guy, do not need nerf ranges, you need nerf their population on the server  :|
But it will be difficult to do it right, because there are archers and crossbowmen like me, algarn, veselov most gay, beleg, and some more guys who have all their lives played like ranges, and it will be insulting if we begin to suffer only because some disgruntled schoolchildren-infantrymen began to play ranges :mad:

but cant you RP a brave knight with a longsword and transitional?

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2018, 08:38:25 pm »
+3
A cap on ranged and cavalry is needed because those 2 classes throw the balance out of whack more than melee.  Archers are forcing more people to bring shields just like cavalry are forcing more people to carry spears.  Frankly, I'm tired of tailoring my playing style around these two wholly unsporting classes.

Offline ArcherHelot

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • GaycherGaylot
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants, Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: ArcherHelot
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2018, 08:38:55 pm »
but cant you RP a brave knight with a longsword and transitional?
I play this game as archer almost 10 years, including almost 6 years in this mod.
And i still rly like it, why i must change it coz all what can "brave knights" is crying on the forum :rolleyes:

Offline mr_baby_head

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2018, 08:47:56 pm »
+4
why i must change it coz all what can "brave knights" is crying on the forum :rolleyes:

I have had to change my long time 2h main to a Hoplite because of all the people saying dumb shit like "get a shield" and even now I still get shot to shit all round.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2018, 09:26:28 pm »
And if you got rid of all the cav and ranged people would make post to hobble all the melee allstars because they are ruining the game.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2018, 09:26:43 pm »
+1
I have had to change my long time 2h main to a Hoplite because of all the people saying dumb shit like "get a shield" and even now I still get shot to shit all round.

get another one  :)
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2199
  • Infamy: 116
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2018, 09:30:13 pm »
+2
This thread is complete waste, so many German posters arguing and everyone is writing in English. Makes me sad panda. Best threads are when Germans are shouting in their respective regional form of Deutsch. I certainly can't tell what they are shouting about but can tell they are angry because German words are angry and horny.