Bring Back the old black armor?

Yes
19 (43.2%)
No
21 (47.7%)
Im a noob and it was before my time
4 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Brind the real Black Armor back  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
Re: Brind the real Black Armor back
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2018, 10:06:26 am »
hows that irony.

Black greaves are just normal looking plated greaves in black 'color'.
You are talking about stats of actual real weapons, thats a completly different discussion.

I am just saying it is in no way a realistic armor. And no matter how much different cultures and historical eras we are mixing, the native black armor did never exist like that and it looks like a WoW new meta cosmetic item. (also quality wise)
Thats why it has no place in cRPG.

Also fun fact: the black armor set was originally made for singeplayer where they used to be a horde called "black riders". They were basically like any other bandit group running around but were so incredibly strong that they had to be removed because 10 of them sweeped an army of 100 huscarls easily.

So as you can see, even the original idea about the set was far from realism.

The point is that they're incredibly low-res and out of tune with much of the cRPG armory, just like numerous other items - and to boot, even more retarded things have been added like the Maori weapons I mentioned. If your problem with it is that it's too low res, fine; but apply that same logic to every other item too. Realism in the Black Armor isn't really a factor when you see people running around in plate mixed with samurai gear, but I'll say that the Black Plate looks fairly effective, albeit decorative - the helmet should probably be nerfed since it doesn't even guard the neck, inconsistent with other helms.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Brinde the real Black Armor back
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 11:48:27 am »
+1
I agree, very well reasoned argument

Really long-winded and time consuming way of saying you don't want any single piece of gear that looks like it's from fantasy. I don't believe Black Plate even looks that fantastical, it's just a set of plate armor painted black and trimmed white.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2018, 11:50:35 am »
+2
There's probably a higher res retexture out there too

find it and send it over, that would actually help getting it added unlike forum QQ
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 11:55:02 am »
find it and send it over, that would actually help getting it added unlike forum QQ

I should've figured someone would say this.

forum QQ

lmao