Author Topic: Am I racist? 2.0  (Read 168876 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Am I racist? 2.0
« Reply #1155 on: April 30, 2018, 01:59:01 pm »
It all makes sense now

Babies the world over are by far the worst practitioners of cultural appropriation. It disgusts me, the way they just steal everything from everyone around them. Shiftless lazy toddlers, make your own.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #1156 on: April 30, 2018, 02:38:14 pm »
If I eat sushi all the time does that make me racist?

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 30, 2018, 03:25:51 pm »

« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 06:46:36 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 30, 2018, 05:56:54 pm »
+3
Film Your Marxist Professors:

Professor Randa Jarrar of California State University, Fresno.
https://www.facebook.com/FilmYourMarxistProfessors/videos/215626742544723/

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1159 on: April 30, 2018, 06:09:06 pm »
+6
(click to show/hide)
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #1160 on: April 30, 2018, 08:51:43 pm »
+1
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #1161 on: April 30, 2018, 10:20:13 pm »
+2
Film Your Marxist Professors:

Professor Randa Jarrar of California State University, Fresno.
https://www.facebook.com/FilmYourMarxistProfessors/videos/215626742544723/

(click to show/hide)
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #1162 on: April 30, 2018, 11:38:52 pm »
+2
Take the time to check this out.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-swedish-elephant-a-documentary-film#/

Please donate as well, hopefully it will have a big impact on swedish society, the same way "Hjernevask" had for Norway. It will feature english subtitles etc and there are big names featuring.

for scandinavians:

https://youtu.be/J-SODFIW4GY
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 11:52:51 pm by Bittersteel »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 01, 2018, 12:20:48 pm »

E-european whites are the real rapists, you racist!

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: May 01, 2018, 06:10:50 pm »
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/a-time-of-tribalism-amy-chua/

Chua talks extensively about how our very American reluctance to recognize tribalism has caused us to make catastrophic foreign policy mistakes. And not only our reluctance to recognize tribalism, but also the remarkable success we have had as a nation in restraining tribalism. Though far from perfect, we really are exceptional among the nations of the world in this achievement. The problem is, we think of it as universal, or at least universalizable.

Our ideological blindness caused us to fail to understand that the Vietnam war was not about communism, but about nationalism  and that Vietnamese nationalism also included anti-Chinese hatred. Did you know that the Chinese dominated Vietnam for almost a thousand years? I didn't. Did you know that ethnic Chinese within Vietnam, though a minority, controlled most of the economy, even into the modern era? I certainly did not. Chua says that the US government totally missed the ethno-nationalist core of the Vietnamese nationalist struggle, preferring to understand it in Cold War ideological terms.

One of the deepest tribal affiliations is ethnicity. When you have an ethnic minority dominating a nation's market, you have the potential for vicious conflict. In a fascinating chapter on the fate of Venezuela, Chua discusses how that country's light-skinned elites controlled an extremely disproportionate amount of its economic resources. Hugo Chavez  dark-skinned, kinky-haired  capitalized on this to come to power. We all know what a disaster Chavismo has made of Venezuela's economy, but it's very important to understand that Chavez didn't come from nowhere. Massive inequality in Venezuela  an inequality that broke down among racial and ethnic lines  laid the groundwork for his despotic rule.

Those Venezuelans couldn't see it, and if they could see it, they dismissed it. We do the same thing. Try to convince liberals of any race that poor and working class whites who voted for Trump, and who feel marginalized, have a point. They will raise hell. Try to point out instances of anti-white discrimination, or anti-Christian discrimination, and they will either deny it or, if they admit that it happens, will say that these whites and/or Christians deserve it anyway.

Are there any whites and/or Christians who can plausibly deny that our tribe(s) don't do the same thing? That we aren't as blinded by tribalism as the others are? Come on, seriously, think about it. Even if we can't identify it within ourselves, we should at least be humble enough to be open to the likelihood that we're doing it.

Here's something startling I learned from Chua's book: neuroscientists have identified tribalist instincts in the brains of newborns:

"The neurological processes of in-group recognition and favoritism start extremely early. Newborns shown images of people's faces do not respond differently based on race. But as early as three months later, in Yale psychologist Paul Bloom's words, "Caucasian babies prefer to look at Caucasian faces, as opposed to African or Chinese faces; Ethiopian babies prefer to look at Ethiopian faces rather than Caucasian faces; Chinese babies babies prefer to look at Chinese faces rather than Caucasian or African faces." While we can take comfort in the fact that humans aren't born racists, its' unnerving to realize that racial preferences develop so early.
It's also the case that "racial in-group empathy can operate neurologically even when we don't realize it or acknowledge it."

Worse:

"[R]ecent studies by Mina Cikara, the director of the Harvard Intergroup Neuroscience Lab, show that under certain circumstances our brains' "reward centers" will activate when we see members of an out-group failing or suffering a misfortune."

Humans aren't just a little tribal. We've very tribal, and it distorts the way we think and feel.

As Sullivan points out in his column today, the left is so consumed by victim-based identity politics that they are driving people on the right to the same thing. At this point, both sides are locked into a death spiral. To refuse identity politics is to relinquish the Ring of Power. But if we don't refuse identity politics, there is no option for us in the future except violence. Girard has said that having lost its religion, the West is in a time that may well be apocalyptic.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 01, 2018, 07:15:12 pm »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 02, 2018, 08:19:40 am »
Neuroscientists have identified tribalist instincts in the brains of newborns:

"The neurological processes of in-group recognition and favoritism start extremely early. Newborns shown images of people's faces do not respond differently based on race. But as early as three months later, in Yale psychologist Paul Bloom's words, "Caucasian babies prefer to look at Caucasian faces, as opposed to African or Chinese faces; Ethiopian babies prefer to look at Ethiopian faces rather than Caucasian faces; Chinese babies babies prefer to look at Chinese faces rather than Caucasian or African faces." While we can take comfort in the fact that humans aren't born racists, its' unnerving to realize that racial preferences develop so early.

What a dumb conclusion to draw from the data. The fact that a three month old prefers something familiar (or something that looks more like their parents) to something unfamiliar doesn't say anything about tribalism or "racial preferences."
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 02, 2018, 11:02:29 am »
Yes, it says that it's absolutely not "socially constructed". Especially when taken into account with other data.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #1168 on: May 02, 2018, 11:45:51 am »
Sure, but if the "newborn" baby has been alive for 3 months, is it not safe to assume that it might have developed preferences during its lifetime? I.e if the baby have mostly been around its caucasian parents. A day one study would be much more interesting.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #1169 on: May 02, 2018, 12:07:41 pm »
It's not safe. Facial recognition is a huge thing. Making faces is a huge thing. If you're a baby it's extremely important to understand if an adult, especially an adult male is angry and likely to kill you and eat you. This is hardwired and because different ethnicities have different faces
(e.g.
(click to show/hide)
VS 
(click to show/hide)
)

then it so happens that what one brain associates with forthcoming emotions another might consider a threat, therefore it's then no suprise that a child which is around happy people of a different ethicity might think himself in danger, while a child of the same ethnicity is content.

Everything has been in so much in flux for the past 90 years however that you get huge differences between individuals and that's a much bigger issue than interracial prejudice. You basically have black people walking around with a face of a white person - like wolves in sheep's clothing.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.