Author Topic: the game doesn't feel the same  (Read 12384 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: the game doesn't feel the same
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2011, 02:50:53 am »
Its ok, we will see it.

Just concerning your statement that plate, flamerges and plated horses were popular:

Link to a survey

This patch was announced as upkeep patch, which will make expensive equipment really rare. Most comments in the whole forum, not only the thread, made clear people KNEW this would mean less heavy equipment, and most of them were really happy about it.

Also here almost noone mentiones any of these items, except of one Cataphract and one Cookies.

So I think you are wrong, but I won't argue with you about that any more.

P.S.: If plate didn't grant such great advantages (= was a bit OP, in combination with high skills ofc), then why do you want it back so badly? Because of the look?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:52:43 am by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2011, 02:51:51 am »
Black armor and tank horses are weak as a peasant stuff. 

Dumbest comment made on the forums today.  /clap

No btw, they're not.  If you really think it's as weak as peasant stuff you're the worst player in M&B ever.   :rolleyes:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Moscher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2011, 02:53:32 am »
Gorath, dont be so agro.

Black armour and Tank horses was killabel,
We know all that you hate Plated Gear, but be cool.

Dear Jocker:-)

Old board dont count  :twisted: because it was pre Patch
Plate was important to protect against massive Bow-X-bow enemys
I Love range fighters, they are important, but only way to protect was a good armour.
My armour was a Lordyl Tabard (48) Gauntlets and a 56 Ac Helmet. I was happy:-)
Tincans was harder too kill, but i loved to kill these slow big monsters:-)

i like it to discuss with u:-)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:58:52 am by Moscher »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2011, 02:55:49 am »
Gorath, dont be so agro.

Black armour and Tank horses was killabel, but not from you:-)

I never said anywhere they weren't able to be killed.   :rolleyes:  I said they were a crutch, which they were and you can't deny that fact.  A crutch that terribads used to be able to ignore 80% of the servers weapons/attacks as they just glanced off so said terribad could spam away freely while ignoring the RMB.  Or a crutch the terribad could use to hold RMB the entire round and just run people over *coughFinished-terribadcough* because 5 people swinging at the armored horse when it gets stopped still can't kill the damn thing before it rides out of range again.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:59:37 am by Gorath »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2011, 02:56:21 am »
Gorath, dont be so agro.

Black armour and Tank horses was killabel,
We know all that you hate Plated Gear, but be cool.

Yes, by half of the team if they oncentrate on it and ignore the rest of the enemy team.

If it's as good as peasant stuff, then go and play with peasant stuff?  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Moscher

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2011, 02:59:47 am »
Bah peasant stuff.

I WILL NEVER HEIRLOOM A STRAWHEAD

@edit

Old board dont count  :twisted: because it was pre Patch
Plate or heirloomed medium heavy armour was for a infight class important to protect against massive Bow-X-bow enemys
I Love range fighters, they are important, but only way to protect was a good armour.
My armour was a Lordyl Tabard (48) Gauntlets and a 56 Ac Helmet. I was happy:-)
Tincans was harder too kill, but i loved to kill these slow big monsters:-)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:04:32 am by Moscher »

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2011, 03:04:19 am »
Dumbest comment made on the forums today.  /clap

No btw, they're not.  If you really think it's as weak as peasant stuff you're the worst player in M&B ever.   :rolleyes:

And you're the skilless player ever if you cant stop a plated charger with a pike, and kill a tincan with a simple sword , slow as it is, with light gear if you got footwork it's easy .

Harder to kill a player in duel if he's in light gear than if he wear a plate. You're slow on a plate.

Plate is a part of the game, let it goes, let player use what they want.

And joker, stop being stupid as you're avatar is, if you got problem to kill a plated charge, buy a pike and come on the batllefield. I'll teach you dude.
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline Beleidiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2011, 03:05:34 am »
I love how games like World of Warcraft have completely brainwashed some people.  No one has yet explained to me the point of leeching...  What is the point of doing what you say and spawning naked?  To make money you say?  Why?  To buy more stuff?  Why?  So you can spawn naked and make money?  LOL  have fun with that.  I will spend my money to pwn noobs all day.

You know that you not gain only Gold for free you Level up for Free and i hate so say it but free means you have less to do than in WoW(its just a thinking i never Played it)!

OK a Bit less Repair costs for the Items is maybe a good thing BUT its needed to Force the Old and High-level Players to use sometimes not there Top Gear to let Lowlevlers and Newbies have fun too!

I know for some of you top Gear Players its Important to Rape everything away on the Server without thinking on others!But i think this others-Guys are same Importand like yous!

And if you really good Players you will Rape at the Current System also everything away!

Edit:Maybe its easier to kill an Black Armor Wearer because he is slow but Wat do you need for that....TIME....you need TIME and on the battlefield wat we dont have...i think its Time If you tell us you can Kill an Tincan with Low Weapons than Pleas not in the Case like its an Duel!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:22:36 am by Beleidiger »

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2011, 03:14:31 am »
Plate look cool, why can't you understand this dudes?

It's not overpowered and it's cool, so let players play it! If they wan to be op, they will not wearing plate. Plate got big malus. Why make it unplayable????
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline Cannibal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • QQH
    • View Profile
    • CannibowlCC
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2011, 03:17:52 am »
Can't say I see the reference to WoW and grinding some XP/Gold in minimal gear... WoW is a fairy game that's completely PvE with some lame PvP thrown in to appeal to people who don't enjoy sitting in vent killing the same shit day in day out for hours on a 'strict' schedule. Gay.

I myself strip myself of all armor except some boots/gloves and keep my heirloomed weps equipped because I might want some XP but don't really have the time to play a full map so I bum rush, get a kill or two and die. No worries. Had my fun, got some XP/gold and now time to smoke a bowl and have a beer.

This game feels exactly the same as it did 2-3 weeks ago... only difference is there's a lot more whiners that can't get over the fact they lost their advantage in battle that they only gained because they played much longer then others... not more skilled, just more grindy.

Give your head a shake and learn to adapt, whiners.

*** just played my first round today... I will admit, the re-rebalanced acrhers are retarded... obviously someone has a boner for archery?***

Offline Moscher

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2011, 03:20:37 am »
I myself strip myself of all armor except some boots/gloves and keep my heirloomed weps equipped because I might want some XP but don't really have the time to play a full map so I bum rush, get a kill or two and die. No worries. Had my fun, got some XP/gold and now time to smoke a bowl and have a beer.

Dont drink so much pls, because i think its not allowed in your age, have your fun but pls be quite when 2 grown up are talking

I hate when kiddys  only argument with stop whining. Bonk
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:26:14 am by Moscher »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2011, 03:29:15 am »
Dont drink so much pls, because i think its not allowed in your age, have your fun but pls be quite when 2 grown up are talking

I hate when kiddys  only argument with stop whining. Bonk

You and lord snow are the two biggest whiners on the forums atm.  You hate the argument stop whining?  Then stop fucking whining.  "WAAAH WE NEED PLATE TO PLAY!  UNFAIR!  NOW EVERYONE HAS THE ABILITY TO KILL ME REGARDLESS OF LEVEL OR PS STAT!  GIMME MY PLAAAAAAAAAAATE".

FFS you two.

Offline Moscher

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2011, 03:37:36 am »
"WAAAH WE NEED PLATE TO PLAY!  UNFAIR!  NOW EVERYONE HAS THE ABILITY TO KILL ME REGARDLESS OF LEVEL OR PS STAT!  GIMME MY PLAAAAAAAAAAATE".

FFS you two.

Oh my god, what a kiddy. Hrhrhr
You know outside is a Sun and there are Humans called Girls?

Gorath we know plate is the devil blah blah blah, pls tell it your mama, and dont whine so much here, and if you are feared about "plates" so i think your mama will give you a milk and a Lolly. I hope you have not so bad dreams about "Plates"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:38:40 am by Moscher »

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2011, 03:37:55 am »
The biggest problem I have with the game right now is how weird it is now.

Ever since the new patch even though I have 30-40 ping, it feels like I'm playing on a constant 500 ping.

I don't know if it's me or the servers or whatever but I always phase through peoples, or delayed animations, or even SKIPPED animations, sometimes I hit a guy in idle animation and yet my attack get blocked and I fall dead to the ground while the guy just hasn't moved a single inch in my screen, I also get attacks going through my blocks WAYYY more, like every encounters it happens atleast once minimum, there's also some serious ghost reach problem, but anyway.

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2011, 03:43:01 am »
maybe there should be a trade skill so you can spend less on upkeep
Gen 19 lvl34 archer