Author Topic: Conor McGregor vs Lloyd Maypeter  (Read 6386 times)

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: Conor McGregor vs Lloyd Maypeter
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2017, 06:54:53 am »
+2
Conor by KO, guaranteed. You can take that to the bank.

XANT! My life savings...  :cry:

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2017, 07:54:32 am »
+2
McGregor got gassed too early. He did fine to me, more than i thought he would do.... for the first 4 rounds anyway.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2017, 08:38:31 am »
Corrupt ref stopped it early, Conor was winning
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2017, 10:14:30 am »
+4
Wasn't even close, McGregor got rekt. UFC fighters are garbage lol !!!!

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2017, 11:26:53 am »
+3
McGregor got gassed too early. He did fine to me, more than i thought he would do.... for the first 4 rounds anyway.

Mayweather is in his 40's lol, but they say boxing is more physically demanding than mma stamina-wise.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 11:33:11 am by Grytviken »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2406
  • Infamy: 1716
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2017, 02:56:15 pm »
Scripted match. No way non boxer would last 10 rounds vs world champion.

Same goes the other way around. If they fought MMA style boxer would get suffocated in 20 seconds tops.

This was a bit like those shitty C grade movies where Tyrannosaurus Rex fights Gigantic Shark. Makes no sense but is cheap entertainment for general crowd who watch WWE.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 02:59:30 pm by Leshma »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2017, 03:00:04 pm »
+2
Yes, nothing is ever real Leshma, old men in suits sitting around a darkened room smoking cigars decide how everything happens. Have you ever gotten punched in the face? Knocket out? I volunteer to give you the experience, if you like. You'd have to be a pretty godamn good actor to pull off a script that requires you to get wobbled and dazed. And also a complete retard to compare it to fucking "pro" wrestling, so it doesn't surprise me you made the comparison. Completely appropriate leshmanism.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2084
  • Infamy: 2669
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2017, 03:05:02 pm »
Way to generalize, Oberyn. I just find it hard to believe that this was proper match because:
- it was a clown match and both fighters are known to be entertainers first then fighters in their respective categories
- it happened during an era where classical fighting disciplines have hit the bottom and are being replaced by clown fiestas like american wrestling, which again, is fully scripted show

This happened because American viewers paid 100 $$$ to watch this one match. Not because you or me wanted to see over illegal stream. Those American viewers watch WWE, this was made for them to enjoy.

Edit: You should watch WWE a little bit more, those actors are very good at faking injuries.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2017, 03:33:33 pm »
McGregor gameplay seemed to have been go out guns blazing and try to do as much damage as possible in the early rounds. Maywheather's gameplan was to, well, weather the early rounds without exherting himself and drag McGregor to the later rounds he's clearly not used to experiencing. He was gassing out around the 6th/7th already, once he got wobbled in the 8th and Maywheather smelled blood in the water it was done.

"it happened during an era where classical fighting disciplines have hit the bottom and are being replaced by clown fiestas like american wrestling, which again, is fully scripted show"

Absolutely retarded and ignorant, yet declared with complete faith in your own nonexistent knowledge, classic Leshma. Actual fighting disciplines have had a massive uptick in popularity, the heyday of soap opera style american wrestling was the 80's and early 90's. Muay Thai, kick boxing, actual wrestling, judo, BJJ, etc have been growing in popularity and entering the mainstream the last couple of decades. Reality once again is the exact opposite of whatever delusion resides in your head.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2017, 04:32:34 pm »
Obviously it was scripted, I mean why not? Just go ahead and risk ruining legacies of both fighters and facing massive legal backlash that'd leave both possibly bankrupt, just so that you can.....

Well fuck me, I got nothing. I literally don't know what the supposed benefit here would be of scripting it instead of them fighting for real.

Good fight though, Conor did better than expected. Took up to 5 rounds from Mayweather, who's the greatest of our generation in boxing, albeit clearly somewhat diminished from even two years ago. And the amount of times Conor took Mayweather's back... that'd have been death for Floyd in any other setting than boxing. Pretty much all the pro MMA fighters and boxers tweeted that they were very impressed.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2017, 04:37:32 pm »
Immediately throwing hammerfists to the sides of the head whenever Floyd gave his back, too many MMA reflexes.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2017, 06:20:43 pm »
+1

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2017, 06:34:20 pm »
+1
The thing is, Mayweather just sits back and lets everyone swing away at him til they wear themselves out and then he comes in for the strike. He saves all his power until his opponent has used up all their energy (Pacquiao fight anyone?) then attacks them full force when they can't defend themselves. I'm not insulting his tactic, but his tactic beats McGregor's whole fighting style, you can't really do that in kickboxing as you'll end up getting fucked over, in boxing, it's very different. McGregor did well for someone who is the opposite of a professional boxer, but, to be honest, all it takes is to look at Mayweather's style.

In this fight I will admit he was a lot more aggressive, but he was still playing relatively passively throughout the match. Truthfully I think it would have been more interesting if they were both fighting aggressively as hell, then it would have been a game of who gets KO'd first, not who gets worn down and KO'd first.

All in all, McGregor didn't win, but he did land some pretty damn good hits during the fight. Gotta give him credit for that.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2017, 06:38:16 pm »
+2
Can't blame the guy for sticking to a game plan that works. He didn't go 50-0 by taking unecessary risks.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2017, 06:45:57 pm »
+2
McGregor would have been put to sleep in 1-2 rounds vs any slugger type boxer like Canelo or GGG. Mayweather isn't really known for his offense and he still stopped him early.

Next good fight will be Canelo vs GGG. I think GGG will knockout Canelo.