Author Topic: Tekken 7  (Read 12640 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Tekken 7
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2017, 09:44:54 am »
Just another thing to keep open on my second screen :lol:

As for Claudio, he's got a few decent homing moves yeah. Had a laugh with an enemy last time while in a tournament when even my rage art did a 180 homing when the guy jumped over me :lol:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 09:48:04 am by Vibe »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2017, 09:21:52 pm »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

i dont really have to tell how this match ended do i

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2017, 09:41:03 pm »
Impressive stats.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2017, 09:53:03 pm »
Damn dat Jim, also when they have that "master of iron fist" title, i think theyve beaten the special mission on 10 star so it just gets better.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2017, 03:05:16 pm »
While I still like Claudio, I've been toying around with other characters a bit, even some of the more advanced ones like Jin and Dragunov. I like the moves and the many options and tools they have, but god damn some combos are hard. My thumb was sore af from just trying to get them off in training mode, I can't imagine how much practice it takes to perform them with consistency online. Crazy. I think I'll stick to easy execution characters for now :lol:

Also I think this is where having a fighting stick over a pad provides an advantage, training and consistency. No sore thumbs so you can train those electrics 24/7 to be able to perform them with consistency worth mentioning.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2017, 04:26:06 pm »
Sore hands, I feel you, try playing with a thin glove or something :DDD.

As a side note if you're ever dropping combos online it might be worth it to practice on 3 bar connection in settings, just in case, had some time specific combos drop on me online so I had to do that to fix it since rarely do you have an opponent with 4 bars, only a problem for chars. where you gotta wait a bit before doing the next button.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2017, 04:30:56 pm »
Some combos when you read the notation you think "eh easy", but are actually very strict with timing. Sometimes you need to delay certain parts or do a full dash (not cancel too soon with a move) to get the next hit in which isn't easy at all.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2017, 04:32:30 pm »
I'm not too well-versed in the technical requirements of tekken, but having played a high-apm game on a controller for a few years now I gotta say that most of the pain goes away once you've got a nice thick callus on your thumb. :^)

But if the pain you're feeling is more in the muscles/tendons of your wrist and forearm, be very cautious if you continue to play, and definitely stretch before/after each gaming sesh. Or even better, buy a stick not just for the ease of certain tech, but for your hand health as well.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2017, 05:37:10 pm »
You can always simplify combos for the harder characters. Theres often some harder more damaging combo to use, but theyre not very viable in a competitive scenario.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2017, 07:58:26 am »
Man i really need to focus on getting better so i can get out of the blue gimmick bracket. Shit is so wack it feels like im learning stuff that will have little to no bearing against players who actually try to play a solid style. Worst part is how its hard to adapt within 1 match, so its usually the rematch that i win and it just feels like a chore almost.

Considering picking up Steve because of Hajime no Ippo, and also because he's a counter hitter. Would be a nice variety to my character arsenal which is only yoshimitsu and kuma atm lol. Feels like its a very good idea to switch characters once you start playing too aggressive or sloppy because adapting to a new moveset puts you back in focus.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2017, 10:02:06 am »
+ if you play more chars. it's easier to keep yourself fresh and avoid doing the same gimmicks again and again and actually try something else, personally I'm playing Akuma, King, Steve and Kazumi. Her Tiger is kinda silly but why isn't the tiger in the rage art? Missed opportunity if you ask me, she could have throw some "tiger food" at the opponent and it would attack :D

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2017, 11:42:38 pm »
I've made it to Brawler with Claudio which was my goal to where I pick something more challenging. Claudio is good and all but I feel like I was crutching a bit on his easy execution high damage stuff. I've just been going through characters and trying different staple combos :D lost hours trying them. I like Bryan, but why does he have to have the sway :mad: kills my lousy input backdash cancelling

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2017, 09:18:21 am »
Brawler thats pretty good, thats where the real demons souls starts. Where people actually do combos and such, not just gimmicks (at least thats what ive seen in every green fight ive had).

Started playing heihachi, time to force in some muscle memory of just frame electric wind god fist and another uppercut i dont know the name of but it spews blue stuff when its just framed and is also safe.

Offline Lord_Carlos

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2017, 11:09:02 am »
They still make new Tekken Awesome :shock: :o :o :shock: :mrgreen:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2017, 06:07:15 pm »
Brawler thats pretty good, thats where the real demons souls starts. Where people actually do combos and such, not just gimmicks (at least thats what ive seen in every green fight ive had).

Started playing heihachi, time to force in some muscle memory of just frame electric wind god fist and another uppercut i dont know the name of but it spews blue stuff when its just framed and is also safe.

A tip that somewhat helps me with electrics is that you press the punch here:

f, n, d, d/f

If your brain is programmed to press punch at down, then the actual punch (with all the game and body delays) should actually come out when you're at d/f, as is required. It's still hard, though it isn't a just frame afaik. From my knowledge Kazuya and Heihachi have a 2f window, Jin has a 3f. A just frame is Bryan's taunt jet upper, that shit is insane lmao.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 06:21:41 pm by Vibe »