Author Topic: Tekken 7  (Read 12628 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Tekken 7
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2017, 07:30:28 pm »
+1
TOOLASSISTED is here :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2017, 07:11:29 am »
https://clips.twitch.tv/VenomousAbstruseSwanKappaClaus Probably the sickest thing ive seen.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2017, 08:29:37 am »
That one was sick yeah. I love how a lot of moves function like that, they are meant to dodge low/mid/high while you're doing them.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2017, 11:13:25 am »
I'm a bit confused at waking up. I know there's several options and I know teching wakeup is somewhat the best. But once you're on the floor (untechable), I heard just pressing up is the safest option. However, what do you guys do if you keep getting hit on floor? Sometimes it seems like enemies can get many low attacks in while I'm lying on the floor before my character reacts to any input. Not sure if it's intended as this floor-juggle game, or I'm just not reacting correctly?

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2017, 12:20:31 pm »
Some, most I guess, can get another juggle if you land on the floor because of an air juggle. Pressing 1 or just up is the safest / fastest option depending on type of knockdown.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2017, 03:58:55 pm »
If you get slammed on the floor you wont be able to wakeup quickly, so if that happens to me and im still close to the enemy i usually stay on the ground to watch them, if they whiff an attack i just do some wake up kick. If they hit you on the ground then you get pushed back and can rise quickly and safely.

If you get picked up into the air without pressing anything then you are still mid juggle, Josie for example has some juggle that picks you up from really close to the ground.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2017, 06:37:57 pm »
+1

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2017, 07:13:32 pm »
Just tried tournaments for the first time, what an awesome feature. Wish more games (not just FGs) would have this built in.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 07:21:33 pm by Vibe »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2017, 01:41:12 am »
Havent tried it yet, just got started playing some more online games after having basically only done practice and vs friends. Had a really shitty frustrating loss streak yesterday (lost to the dumbest spam, then they winquit me to piss me off further), but managed to make up for it today (almost demoted on 3rd dan WTF!!). I get too greedy and im always the one eager to close the distance in really shitty ways.

Testing out Nina now because best waifu, she has some nice poking game and can side step or roll out of all jabs and basic kicks which seems like it could be really dope.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2017, 02:29:36 am »
Yeah, the hardest thing about Tekken is knowing when and what to punish, from my observations. You can get spammed by one string and until you figure out where to block and which time to punish it can take more than the length of the match :D I guess this will come with time or massive drilling in training mode against each character, but don't really feel like doing that. I'll learn by losing :D

I play pretty safe honestly, just waiting for enemies to do some dumb unsafe shit and then punish them with launchers and a nice juicy combo. Some moves you can tell from the animation are unsafe/have long recoveries, don't even need to know it beforehand.

What I worked on the past few hours is improving my launcher/combo range a bit, so I know how to combo from different launchers, just so I have a few extra to mix up. You can get shut down really fast if you only use one type of launcher. On top of that I'm slowly adding more standard attacks to try to open up the enemy defense, poke and whiff punish. Since the move list is absurdly long, I just started with a few basic pokes. There's no point in memorizing that list if you don't know the uses for each of those attacks. I have a notepad open at all times and I just keep adding to it :D

These are my notes so far, just as an example (I did the same "learning style" with SFV and has worked well):
Code: [Select]
Pokes
f+3
SS4
b+3
d+3
b+1

Moves
u/f+4
fff+2
(STB) f1+2,1+2
(PC) b1+2
b+2 (gives STB)
b+3+4

Launchers
d/f+1,2
u/f+4
ws 2
STR f+1+2,1+2
STR d+2,2
STR b+4,3,2

CH Launchers
CH 4
CH 4,3
CHd/f+2
CH d/b+3
CH b+1

Screw Moves
f+2,2
f+3
b+1

Combos

u/f+4 - STR f+1+2,1+2 - d/f+1,2 - CH d/f+2 - CH d/b+3
f+3 S!, f,f+4, b+3, 2,1,2
f+3 S!, f,f+4, b+3, 1,2, f,f,f+2
f+3 S!, f,f+4, b+3, f+2, b+4,2
f+3 S!, f,f+4, b+3, f+2,1,1+2
f,f+4, b+3, f+2, f+2, f+3 S! f,f,f+2

STR b+4,3,2
b+4,3, b+3, f+2, f+3 S!, f,f,f+2

CH db+3 - STR d+2,2
1, 2, f+3 S!, f,f,f+2

WS 2
b+3, b+3, f+2, f+3 S! f,f,f+2

CH b+1
b+1 S! f,f,f+2
f+3 S! f,f,f+2

CH 4
2, dash b+3, 1, f+3 S! f,f,f+2

Starburst only combos
u/f+4, b+4,3, b+3, 2,1,2 S! b+4,3,2
u/f+4, b+1, 1, dash b+3, f+2, f+3 S! f,f,f+2

Wall combos
W!d/f+3,2, d+1+2

Wall carry
Mid combo: d/f+3,1

Low parry
f+3 S!, f,f+4, b+3, 2,1,2
f+3 S!, f,f+4, b+3, 1, f,f,f+2
f+3 S!, f,f+4, b+3, f+2, b+4,2
f+3 S!, f,f+4, b+3, f+2,1,1+2

Rage Art
uf4 f3 S! (small step?) RA

Started with just 3 pokes, 1 launcher and 1 combo off that launcher. Now I use about 70% of what I have noted down regularly. What I feel like I lack the most atm is some good pressure/block strings.

Anyway I'm sitting at Mentor rank atm.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2017, 06:43:19 am »
Yeah, punishing string is the way to go. If something fucks with you too much you just go lab it up in practice, see if it can be sidestepped easily to some direction, or if its just plain unsafe. Sometimes you can interrupt strings as well. I need to force myself to just get attacked a bunch without instantly trying to feed it back, and focus on getting punish damage purely, not gambles trying to break pressure.

You got some solid notes, but you should probably make some for 10,12,14 frame punishers. Jab 1,2 combos are almost always 10 from what i know, and can punish a lot of shit. 12 is often good damage and range and usually knocks down, thats what i usually spam as soon as im unsure if something is unsafe enough to be launch punishable, since launchers are often 14+ frames.

For pressure strings its usually just best to do the jabs but not a full string, combine with duck jabs into maybe a while standing launcher.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2017, 09:20:17 am »
Oh yeah, I already do that. If I'm not sure if something is punishable and it's my turn, I usually just do some form of jab string. If they block that, then I try to throw in a low. I just don't have it noted down :D
My gameplay so far was mostly based on whiff punishing, incredibly satisfying when you do a correctly timed sidestep and you can just see that punish.

Crouch jabs into WS launcher is a nice idea though, should try that.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2017, 10:02:42 pm »
Pushed 6th dan now, expert i think that is. People really just find 3 or 4 gimmick moves, often lows or unblockables and then make 0 effort to learn anything else. Not even a single combo. Very predictable and easily punishable, feels really good to dish out the launchers like christmas though. Feels especially nice to be able to react to counter hits and get combos off of them, or to sidestep something and instantly launch their asses when they didnt do a homing move.

My biggest downfall still was not respecting how much people use their rage arts as a panic escape, though that also got really predictable and soo easily punished. Rage drives seem to be way more usefull against decent players, and they sound and feel much better than a 1 button super.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2017, 12:07:14 am »
I'm at expert as well, less and less people abusing gimmick moves I feel, though. Lots of safe/defensive players waiting to punish you, here and there a player that clearly belongs to much higher rank because they outplay me completely. There's still people though that figure out I don't know how to deal with a certain string and realize they can spam it - example from today: Alisa doing some flying shit and then some followup, I had no idea whether it was hitting high, mid or low.

One thing I haven't mentioned yet is that out of all the online games I played (quite some now), only 2 or 3 lagged. For someone coming from SFV where 30-50% of the matches were lagging, this is incredible. Even 3 bar connections I don't really feel the lag. Though the combo timing is slightly different in training mode than online. This is even more evident with korean backdash, something I've been drilling a bit in training mode to the point where I can do it somewhat reliably (at least on player 1 side), but offline it just falls off. Even in the warm-up room I can't do it, which is weird.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:10:15 am by Vibe »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2017, 04:38:26 am »
I've also only had a very few hiccups, like actual freezes in the game but otherwise even 3 bars has been very playable. I still havent met a truly good player yet, hell im surprised when someone actually finishes a combo. It'll be fun in the green ranks though, thats where the real game begins.

(click to show/hide)

Interesting sidestep notations, good to keep in mind at least a few common opponents. Lots and lots of gimmick moves are completely negated by sidestepping. Lili, as far as i know, can be sidestepped very often as few of her moves are homing.