Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov  (Read 34071 times)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Re: Escape from Tarkov
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2018, 01:40:45 pm »
I went hatchet run one time on Interchange and met two other hatchlings and we teamed up  :lol: but then it turned out they were there to glitch inside a car and level up their endurance by sprinting in place  :mad:
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2018, 01:43:07 pm »
This is one of the things I was hoping they'll redo for this patch, skill leveling. While strength is (much) faster to level now, the advantage you get from level 51 is still stupid and if you want to max it in a reasonable time you gotta do the dumbass overweight jumping. Endurance is much slower to level now though it does level naturally. This should all level naturally through normal gameplay and should be capped per raid to avoid abuse like that.

Other than that I'm quite enjoying the new patch, even though I've been doing a lot of hatcheting for now, which is sadly still the best way to get keys and certain items off a map. Also I did a mistake and accidentally accepted Skier's first task without having the 3x 3M armor, fuck. There is a spawn for 3M though on Interchange and I've been hatchet running it, so I only got to find one more.

I'm sad certain items are still tied to specific rooms (such as keybar, docs case, which are really important for standard ed users), which only promotes more hatcheting. I got so used to going out with full gear from last patch, kinda don't feel like hatcheting, but I really need a keybar so I can take keys with me to a raid.

I don't mind the scav difficulty early on (sucks without armor), but sometimes they are super inhuman, 180 shots or pretty much instantly fire at you as soon as you pop out of a corner. Now with face hitboxes it hurts that much more. Lost armor+helmet+sks to a scav that one shotted my arm off - I think that's due to low health skills, means you can die from blacked out limbs. Was still annoying.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:57:22 pm by Vibe »

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2018, 02:39:24 pm »
The scavs honestly feel easier than before, maybe it's just the performance improvements. The only time I've gotten mad at all was when a scav oneshot me through a bush, when I was about 50 meters from the bush and he was like 4m which should've completely obstructed his vision.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2018, 08:26:17 pm »
Yeah Interchange is awesome, it's fucking massive and it's probably one of the best maps I've ever seen in any game.
Yep, the really cool thing about it is that it really does feel like a real super mall. I can't think of any game that has had such a massive, realistic, complex location like that. I'm sure every airsofter has walked through a mall and thought "boy, it'd be cool to play here"... and Tarkov made the map.

I hated the 1-17 levels, traders have nothing useful, no armor, etc. But after 18 and being able to build a good AK74, it's been fun. 22 right now and I run fully kitted 105s and 74Ms every time. Was also really weird and uncomfortable to play without ComTacs, felt like I couldn't hear shit.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2018, 10:15:45 pm »
I hated the 1-17 levels, traders have nothing useful, no armor, etc. But after 18 and being able to build a good AK74, it's been fun. 22 right now and I run fully kitted 105s and 74Ms every time. Was also really weird and uncomfortable to play without ComTacs, felt like I couldn't hear shit.

Holy fuck tell me about it. I'm only level 9 but everything is so silent without comtacs once you're used to them. They're a huge advantage. And yeah I cannot wait to unlock armor and being able to buy and kit out a 74n.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2018, 12:26:28 pm »
Armor is really only good right now for stopping shotguns from 1-hit killing you in the chest. The very best armors and helmets might be okay against shit ammo from assault rifles, but the best ammo will go through anything right now. Hope they tone it down a little, they upped the penetration values by far too much.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2018, 12:58:11 pm »
Armor is really only good right now for stopping shotguns from 1-hit killing you in the chest. The very best armors and helmets might be okay against shit ammo from assault rifles, but the best ammo will go through anything right now. Hope they tone it down a little, they upped the penetration values by far too much.

Yeah this is really strange to me. I thought with increased armor pen values (by a lot) they were reworking armor penetration formula, but it seems to be just raw increase in penetration? That makes all armor paper then. They gotta change that.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2018, 06:58:33 pm »
The scav system is really good.

Just went on Customs to complete three tasks at once: 15 scav kills for The Rapist, 20 for Prapor, and a Dorm room task for Skier. Killed four players and 16 scavs (had 4 from earlier so I got Prapor's task done too).

But what would've otherwise been pretty brain dead AI slaying after the players were dead wasn't, because at least 4-5 of those 16 scavs were player scavs and actual intelligent threats. It's great for pacing: the first 10-15 minutes are where the PMCs are the main threat, then they're usually either dead or extracted. And then it'd just be fighting vs AI, except that's when most of the player scavs start spawning. So I killed a bunch of scavs+players at construction, then went to Dorms for my Skier task, killed a team of player scavs, and extracted. Took 35 minutes, and raids like that are where Tarkov shines.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2018, 05:53:46 pm »
Changelog of hotfix 0.8.2.1235

- Fixes of the Interchange location
- Fixed Object reference error
- Fixed Mag Drills skill progress
- Fixed Mag Drills skill bonus
- Adjusted damage absorption of armor while using tactical vests with armor plates
-Fixed ammo counter display upon check of remaining ammo
- Fixed loyalty level display. Now correct level of loyalty is reflected for items that are unlocked during quests
- EOTECH sights’ reticles now have no “noise” effect
- Correct fire lighting at the Interchange location
- Jumps are not counted for Strength skill upgrade
- Strength skill bonuses reduced 25%
- Fixed visual hyper lighting  at spawn at the Interchange location
- The rain sound indoors at the Interchange is now more quiet
- Shoreline swamp spawn is moved to a safer place
- Customs spawn at the accommodation unit by the fuel storage is moved to a safer place
- Spawn adjustments at the Interchange location
- Face hit box corrected according to community feedback
- Fixed bug that allowed to remove negative limp effect by reentering the raid
- Now all open container windows are closed when switching between tabs
- Fixed notification about amount of cash required at the paid exit zone of the evacuation was already paid for

Strength nerf finally, though it's not big. And you can't jump grind it anymore, which is good, but many people have already grinded it to 51 this patch... heck even I grinded it to 20 by jumping like a tard with full buckshot backpack for just 2 raids.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2018, 07:17:32 pm »
51 str masterrace
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2018, 11:54:04 am »
bastard - I would grind it to 51 but I ran out of backpacks big enough to go over the weight limit and you can only get bigger backpacks at ragman 2

So, how much do you feel the 25% nerf having elite STR, Xant? It's probably still pretty ridiculous right?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2018, 12:06:41 pm »
The only change is that jump height is now +18% instead of +25%. So, no change. What they need to do is reduce the sprint speed from +100% to 50-60%. But I mainly like the high strength for the jumping, lets you get over some of the thigh-high fences and jump over customs shortcut, etc.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2018, 09:59:57 pm »
Strength wipe confirmed for tomorrow fml
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2018, 10:55:51 pm »
I mean it is fair, it's either reset or put back the same rate of leveling as before. I'd rather they just increased base runspeed and put a very small bonus to it into endurance instead. Leave strength as is.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 10:59:02 pm by Vibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2018, 12:36:51 am »
It's not fair to wipe people's progress that they worked for. It's not the players' fault that they overtuned how fast strength could be leveled. Of course their first solution was shit too, but at least it was more fair, since nobody lost anything they'd put work in to achieve. Both are way too extreme, though. They could've nerfed what strength does and maybe reduce the speed you gain it with by 25-35% or something. That way it would have taken longer, but not significantly longer, for everyone else to catch up, while making maxed strength less ridiculous.

Ideally they'd just rework that shit, jump height is annoying as fuck before ~25 strength, you can't get over really low obstacles, and you run like an obese kid. And you need to play very artificially to increase it, which sucks as well. Most skills get leveled up organically, like recoil control and endurance, but for strength you'll need to spam several million roubles worth of grenades now.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.