Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov  (Read 34990 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Tarkov
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2018, 10:04:44 am »
I also want to add that I like that AI is somewhat of a threat, at least for my lowly geared self.

Additional question: the noise that you make when you go through bushes, do other people hear it as well?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2018, 10:41:20 am »
As in new batch of npcs which make you freeze, and spawn in your surroundings hindering your escape. I know there's npc spawning on start of match, but if you enter the match fully geared and know the exact spawn locations, you can wreck newer players. How often do you do that rush in, loot and out? It shouldn't be very viable imo or others would do the same.

Obviously players are more dangerous than npcs, but if one carries heavy weaponry/armor they'll have a hard time fighting back.
I still have no idea what the point you're trying to make is. Yes, you can wreck newer players if they don't know what they're doing... so? NPCs don't stop this at all. Why shouldn't killing other players be viable...?

I really don't mind the static spawns, at least you know what your options are when you spawn and it isn't random
Yeah every spawn is very "winnable" and almost all of them have alternative routes you can take to avoid a fight in the beginning. Flashing red lights in factory is the exception if somebody peeks out from ramp: that's a fight you'll have to take and win. It was a very frustrating spawn when starting out though, since you can literally die two seconds after spawning if you don't know where that ramp spawn is.

Also I keep forgetting to re-equip armor at start to avoid armor bug. That bug is still present in the game right?

Yes, though I don't always bother doing that because it happens so rarely. Just take the armor off in your stash and put it back on again every time after you repair it, that should fix it a lot of the time by itself.

I also want to add that I like that AI is somewhat of a threat, at least for my lowly geared self.

Additional question: the noise that you make when you go through bushes, do other people hear it as well?

Yeah the AI is really unpredictable, sometimes they can't hit the broad side of a barn, sometimes you get a John Wick scav that fucks you up instantly. Armor helps against that of course but they love shooting your legs. Sometimes they don't respect soft cover at all, so hearing their muttering through a bush can be scary.

Yes, other people hear it. So if you suspect someone's close, better sneak through. You also make that sound if you turn too fast in a bush. I love it -- static camping like a pussy is really hard in Tarkov because every action you take can be heard, especially if someone's wearing ComTacs, so you just literally have to look at one direction and not do anything at all if you want to be a successful static camper.

Also, big content patch coming in 1-2 weeks with a new map and guns etc. And the new map looks dope as fuck.

SKS is great and sometimes I go to Customs with nothing but a scav vest and a SKS + PSO, like this run I got two fort armors:

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 10:47:03 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2018, 02:58:05 pm »
+1
That rush in, kill people, loot and off you go, shouldn't be a viable approach else every match would be full of rushers and that'd be boring imo.

I know there's npcs and player controlled npcs too, but that's not the same thing. Npcs are loud with their talking/cursing so it's easier to spot.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2018, 03:26:16 pm »
That rush in, kill people, loot and off you go, shouldn't be a viable approach else every match would be full of rushers and that'd be boring imo.

I know there's npcs and player controlled npcs too, but that's not the same thing. Npcs are loud with their talking/cursing so it's easier to spot.
Or.... you could just kill the rushers? The reason every match isn't "full of rushers" is because it's a very high risk approach and people care about their gear.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2018, 04:01:48 pm »
Or.... you could just kill the rushers? The reason every match isn't "full of rushers" is because it's a very high risk approach and people care about their gear.

You can obviously, with specific weapons like grenades as I mentioned. My point was that unless it's high risk, it shouldn't be viable.

I asked in the previous page about that, and now you answered. So that's settled. I'm thinking on giving it a shot (If there's ever a discount), so knowing more about it from someone that's playing is important. I'm not a big pvp guy, but the scavenging aspect is something I really enjoy.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2018, 04:04:06 pm »
You can obviously, with specific weapons like grenades as I mentioned. My point was that unless it's high risk, it shouldn't be viable.

I asked in the previous page about that, and now you answered. So that's settled. I'm thinking on giving it a shot (If there's ever a discount), so knowing more about it from someone that's playing is important. I'm not a big pvp guy, but the scavenging aspect is something I really enjoy.
What? Specific weapons? How about just using a gun and shooting them because they make a lot of noise and are coming your way, allowing you to set up an ambush? It's viable and it's high risk.

It's very odd you're arguing this with me when you've never played the game.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2018, 04:19:24 pm »
Find it odd you think I'm arguing with you lol.

I'm just stating some concerns with the game from my limited knowledge of seeing others playing on youtube. Since they don't show everything, I had no idea about that rush viability and fixed spawn points. So I stated some points in that regard. It was previously stated that having heavy gear makes you harder to die. So, while technically even a hatchet can kill them, it's not good odds. All I'm saying man lol.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2018, 04:21:09 pm »
Xant is right, but you are also a bit right. Plenty of times you get rushed from many directions at once. But that's just the benefit of teamwork. They'll be changing the medical system to be harder soon(no more instant hotbar med spam) aswell as persistent injuries across raids, and I think this is the one thing that will really change the pace of it. There's some other changes too, like an animation for loading magazines etc, but not being able to heal while also running and shooting will be a big one.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2018, 04:23:22 pm »
Find it odd you think I'm arguing with you lol.

I'm just stating some concerns with the game from my limited knowledge of seeing others playing on youtube. Since they don't show everything, I had no idea about that rush viability and fixed spawn points. So I stated some points in that regard. It was previously stated that having heavy gear makes you harder to die. So, while technically even a hatchet can kill them, it's not good odds. All I'm saying man lol.
I've stated several times there's no issue with the system and you've kept talking about it being too easy because of scavs (?) spawning late, or something. Obviously a hatchet guy isn't going to kill someone with the best gear, otherwise gear would be pointless, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2018, 04:32:35 pm »
Obviously a hatchet guy isn't going to kill someone with the best gear

Just to make it perfectly clear - you might see that in a video, but it's not intended. Currently there is an armor bug that makes you effectively naked unless you drop the armor and put it back on.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2018, 04:39:01 pm »
Also to get the discussion a bit away from the current meta of the game, what do you guys think are the chances of this being, for lack of a better word, Stalker 2? They have the Stalker director's name in the game's title, there are obvious visual and audio links between the game and the movie(sunsets are ripped straight out, as far as I am concerned) and then there's the boat on Shoreline. But the absolute nail in the coffin for me, are the packs of bolts lying around everywhere. It just seems too anomalous to be a coincidence.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2018, 04:43:19 pm »
There's (Yet another) survival game in the makings from the team that did stalker and survarium. Won't have the name due to copyright but will have mutants and anomalies I believe.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2018, 04:53:02 pm »
There's (Yet another) survival game in the makings from the team that did stalker and survarium. Won't have the name due to copyright but will have mutants and anomalies I believe.
Survarium is so shit that nobody should have high hopes for that.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2018, 04:55:29 pm »
Also it's not a survival game, it's a Battle Royale: https://www.pcgamer.com/fear-the-wolves-is-an-incoming-battle-royale-game-from-ex-stalker-devs/

Even less optimistic now since they just jumped on the PUBG bandwagon instead of doing something unique. And they're doing this while Survarium is still in early access, 3 years later...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:01:42 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2018, 05:03:49 pm »
Ops yeah, you're right.

At least a survival game might have fitted in a sense.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:07:37 pm by Vexus »