• cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: Art
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2016, 06:29:16 pm »
PS. "Dwarf" is not a president, he's more like a king of poland  :wink:

Lol you are right of course. Just de facto hi kinda is..

I also think this activist art was not directed at you, but at the system. You cannot deny it was successful in getting attention. Strange too, since naked jesus is not exactly controversial when it comes to the churches own crosses.. Arguably it does put focus on the hypocrisy of the church. What's wrong with a Penis? Is it also not a part of humanity? What god created? Even Jesus? See even this Banal piece gets depth with a second thought.

People tend to get mad a lot about the word "art". It doesn't carry much meaning. Most of the art I consume is for entertainment or historic curiosity, I have no use for a dick on a cross or a painted black square. But it doesn't bother me that people call these things art. The word used to refer to precise things, but that stopped being the case almost a century ago.

You are right and I agree. As someone said earlier, context is important. The black square isn't important now, but it probably was once upon a time. Probably in an internal-art-world-what-is-art context. Necessary back in the day, valuable cuz historic context now. Like an ancient egyptian vase or whatever.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2016, 06:30:49 pm »
Lol you are right of course. Just de facto hi kinda is..

I also think this activist art was not directed at you, but at the system. You cannot deny it was successful in getting attention. Strange too, since naked jesus is not exactly controversial when it comes to the churches own crosses.. Arguably it does put focus on the hypocrisy of the church. What's wrong with a Penis? Is it also not a part of humanity? What god created? Even Jesus? See even this Banal piece gets depth with a second thought.

You are right and I agree. As someone said earlier, context is important. The black square isn't important now, but it probably was once upon a time. Probably in an internal-art-world-what-is-art context. Necessary back in the day, valuable cuz historic context now. Like an ancient egyptian vase or whatever.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationalization_(psychology)
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2016, 06:33:45 pm »
You just proved you're an idiot (again).

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/modern-art-was-cia-weapon-1578808.html

I know the story, so what?

I guess you prefer ideologically defined art? Like this?

(click to show/hide)

That's you by the way. A simple Finnish potato farmer.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2649
  • Infamy: 1866
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2016, 06:48:33 pm »
+1

Doubt that black square ever had any deeper meaning that isn't entirely superficial, imposed by bunch of pretentious asses.

This shit has context attached to it:

(click to show/hide)

On the outside it is just a statue of boy and a girl. No big deal. Well, this shit freaked me out when it was placed in a courtyard of the building I was staying in Vienna. Couldn't sleep at night properly... later I found out it is a monument to jewish children who narrowly escaped Third Reich and were adopted overseas. It didn't stop being creepy after I found what it is. Being connected with such dark times gives it power. Few pricks being high on LSD declaring randomized droplets they shoot from their dicks to carry "strong emotional message" is nothing but bullshit.

Age of reason couldn't come any sooner...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2016, 07:04:15 pm »
+2
I know the story, so what?

I guess you prefer ideologically defined art? Like this?

(click to show/hide)

That's you by the way. A simple Finnish potato farmer.
Yes, that is infinitely better than a black square, or a white square on a bigger white square.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2016, 08:47:28 pm »
Yes, that is infinitely better than a black square, or a white square on a bigger white square.

As I said, that's not meant for you. If you were interested, you could probably dig up the context it was made in, and the whole thing might make more sense. Perhaps it's a protest painting against censorship? Or a narrow definition of art? It is likely that this painting is functioning exactly as intended by provoking these thoughts in you. I'd say its pretty damn successful, leading us into this discussion.

But yeah fuck it, I don't understand, so it must be bullshit. Moon landing is a hoax etc.

Enjoy being the bigoted narrow minded potato peasant that you are. Enjoy your extremely limited human experience to the fullest!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 08:51:14 pm by Thomek »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2016, 08:52:30 pm »
As I said, that's not meant for you. If you were interested, you could probably dig up the context it was made in, and the whole thing might make more sense. Perhaps it's a protest painting against censorship? Or a narrow definition of art?

But yeah fuck it, I don't understand, so it must be bullshit. Moon landing is a hoax etc.

But yeah, enjoy being the bigoted narrow minded potato peasant that you are. Enjoy your extremely limited human experience to the fullest!
There is no possible context that would make it better. Any "art" that I can also whip up in 60 seconds and Paint is not "art." "Narrow definition of art", lmfao, refer to the rationalization link up above.

I'm glad you've understood, at least, that you don't understand.

That means so much coming from a fat, stupid and ugly manlet like yourself. Unfortunately it's your human experience that is, and will always be, limited, thanks to the aforementioned physical and mental "qualities" you possess.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2016, 09:01:39 pm »
I have zero problems with myself, but your eagerness to sink so low says a lot about you.

I have no problems understanding your very simple point of view. It is after all the point of view of an obnoxious child.

Which is okay. No one is forcing you to try harder than to glance at the world around you. No one is forcing you to try to understand. It is after all the easier position to take.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2016, 09:21:03 pm »
Thomek, you started calling him names in this thread, not the other way around, so...

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2016, 09:23:27 pm »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2016, 09:32:41 pm »
Read the first line of what he quoted in that post.

Obsessing over what others call art or not is stupid, though. If you don't like it, don't buy it, who cares? Let those that consider it art waste their time and money on it.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2016, 09:37:33 pm »
+2
Art in that sense is a joke, I could probably hold my baby daughter over a piece of paper, to piss, shit, dribble and maybe sick on it, then claim it as art and some fuck wit hipster tri gender hippy would probably buy it, then make claims of the meaning of it, when it meant nothing and is just baby shit splattered on paper.

Sure, people can call it art, or claim it means something to them, but it's fucking nonsense. Then again, a lot of shit that goes on nowadays is fucking nonsense so each to their own I guess.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2016, 09:40:08 pm »
No he started.
Omg not this bullshit. Ignorant Plebs not understanding art again. Xant you just proved you are a potato.

Anyway, you know how this "he started" sounds?   :wink:

Obsessing over what others call art or not is stupid, though. If you don't like it, don't buy it, who cares? Let those that consider it art waste their time and money on it.

From this point of view criticizing anything could be called stupid. "Don't like this movie/book/etc.? Don't watch it, who cares". And I wouldn't call it "obsessing". Just try to express my... displeasure?

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2016, 09:55:34 pm »
lol ok I started.

But it's Xant, so all fair. :D

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2016, 01:28:28 am »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 02:40:44 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die