Author Topic: Throwing weapons (need balancing )  (Read 16759 times)

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
Re: Throwing weapons (maybe a slight damage reduction?)
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 07:27:58 pm »
10+ PT means 30+ str. That's only possible with very-very low agility -> low WP -> low throwing WPF -> laughable accuracy.
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 07:28:16 pm »
There are some with 10+, thats where the whining has to be directed, not towards the usual throwers with a balanced build.

Some templar had 13.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 07:30:58 pm »
That was Damugger, before the patch. He was throwing stones all over the place, it was very accurate, but I don't think he pulled it off with the new system again.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 07:34:02 pm »
That was Damugger, before the patch. He was throwing stones all over the place, it was very accurate, but I don't think he pulled it off with the new system again.

He did it! :shock:
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 07:46:07 pm »
I'm doing a dedicated thrower (lvl 26-27 right now) and I can tell you we pay a LOT to manage to get that amount of damage. First of all the throwing weapons are freakin expensive like said above (need to carry 3-4 packages and throwing weapons like jarids are like impossible to use all the time) so in order to do more damage with lower tier throwing weapon I need to invest pretty much ALL my points into str to pump PT! Therefore I'm REaLLY slow (only 1 athletics) and whenever I'm trying to defend myself with a melee weapon I can get easily spammed cuz I'm too slow! Same thing for when I'm running away (more like crawling with medium armor)! And on top of it, the range is crappy so I need to stay near the melee even at 9 PT and almost 100 WPF! So I'm really vulnerable! Anybody can run up to me and spam me to death, even peasants if they have PS to pierce trough my armor.

For all those sacrifices we (dedicated throwers) should not get a nerf. We are sacrificing so much in order to make a couple of kills (and much of them are lucky shots with our crappy accuracy!). So don't complain if some of you guys got 1 shotted by luck by a thrower that is paying like 7700 (price of jarids)*0.05(% of price to pay for upkeep)*4 packages= 1540 gold just for the upkeep of a round if unlucky enough and that's without the armor! Beside, if we miss too much we can't do shit cuz good throwing weapons only have 4 ammo per package which gives me a total of 16 ammo for a whole round and that's if I don't have a shield!!! Hell! Crossbows have the potentiel to do a hell more damage, they also cost a lot less to upkeep and they are wayyy more accurate with enough WPF now with the patch!

Seriously nerfing throwing would be really stupid. Remember all the "sacrifices" we need to do to be good throwers...

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 10:02:43 pm »
I'd still give damage for accuracy any day.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 10:08:18 pm »
He did it! :shock:

Dastikka has 13 PT atm, GoGoPowerThrow has 12 and I'm heading to 12 too. All Templars.

FEAR US!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 11:38:32 pm »
Not really. At level 30 you can still easily get a heater/huscarl shield and do loads of damage to mid armor with javelins/jarids. It's also in price limit afaik. If someone jumps in your face you just turtle up, and unless he has a shieldbreaking weapon it will never break before you get save by allies (or backstabbed). As long as you have allies around, he can't keep fighting you, but he also can't let you get away.

edit: Of course anyone can do it ... there were a few horse archers who just shot, and when they got shot at pulled out a shield on rode away on armored horses.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:49:58 pm by EponiCo »

Offline Keltesh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frederick_Von_Spamberge, and >9000 alts.
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 11:44:36 pm »
I'd still give damage for accuracy any day.

Each point of PT gives accuracy equivalent to 23 wpf if I'm not mistaken.  I have 10 pt and my rocks/daggers are deadly accurate, I can snipe with them, and javs are at least bow accuracy.

Offline Deathwind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anarcho-syndicalism
  • Game nicks: Deathwind, Morsventus, Zelos
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 11:51:15 pm »
Throwing weapons get little accuracy reduction when moving, so I wouldn't be complaining about accuracy. Pre-patch, I played a thrower with 8 PT, and I got a few kills with my balanced heavy throwing axes every round. I don't like the idea of being a "pure thrower with a shield" so I usually died pretty quickly as I carried a melee weapon and 3 stacks of throwing weapons. Even now, I do something similar. Don't forget you can pick up your ammo, and the high damage is compensation for such little ammo you get.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 08:07:12 am »
The only way I'd be content with a slight damage reduction is if the ammo capacity were increased. People can whine and complain about getting killed by a thrower, but 9 times out of 10 the thrower probably died pretty shortly after. I either go 3 stacks of jarrids (12 shots) and a shield, or three stacks and a sword, or two stacks a sword and a shield. This means that most of my ammo is expended within the first minute or two of combat, and in a large population server you become near useless unless you are super skilled and dont die while scavenging. If anyone comes at you with a higher level shield you waste most of your ammo right there. (Which is terrible considering thrown weapons text states that they're supposed to be very effective against shields) It costs most of your points to get up to the high levels of power throw required to get one hit kills, not to mention having next to no agility, so I'm very ineffective at melee and I can't run away from anyone. This is a problem if your weapons are slow and need to be used at closer range.

The people who are one shotting other players with thrown weapons are either hitting people with poor armor (who would get one shotted by a 2 hander or a crossbow anyway), or they have very high powerthrow which takes a lot to achieve and is only possible at high levels with points only in throwing abilities. More accuracy isn't needed. You can comp for that and do ok. It takes a lot of skill to use throwing weapons effectively and I don't really think they need altering in any way. The only problem is that everyone started using them because archery was nerfed. Maybe now that archery is more balanced people will go back to it. Continuing to nerf whatever the whiners pick of the week is wont ever make the game balanced.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 08:21:36 am by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 08:31:52 am »
Each point of PT gives accuracy equivalent to 23 wpf if I'm not mistaken.  I have 10 pt and my rocks/daggers are deadly accurate, I can snipe with them, and javs are at least bow accuracy.
Did you see the speed on rock ? :shock: it s almost 3 time slower than a arrow try snipping with a ballistic missile it s the same. It's almost impossible to snipe an archer at 20m that is aware because he will see the projectile incoming and have time to dodge.

As for jav being as accurate as bow, you just don t know what you're talking about. A level 3 archer is far far more accurate than a dude with 10PT with 100wpf shooting jav.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 08:42:22 am »
As for jav being as accurate as bow, you just don t know what you're talking about. A level 3 archer is far far more accurate than a dude with 10PT with 100wpf shooting jav.

I have 10 powerthrow and 100 wpf and can confirm this. My accuracy isn't terrible but the reticule is still fairly wide. Archery is far far more accurate no matter what anyone says. Like I said though, I'm fine with that. If you want accuracy, get a bow or a crossbow. Throwing is about high risk for high reward, not precision sniping. Throwing is fine the way it is when you consider all it's disadvantages. (and no one does :rolleyes:)
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 12:35:39 pm »
10+ PT means 30+ str. That's only possible with very-very low agility -> low WP -> low throwing WPF -> laughable accuracy.

I do belive more PT = more accuracy. So throwers are benefited to go high str. I know there are some people out there who can reliably hit me with jarids/javelins on medium distances.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 05:20:17 pm »
I agree throwing is broken, and feels unadjusted for the new level-cap.

PT should not add accuracy, because it also adds damage.

With the slowing of projectiles, the lighter throwing weapons like snowflakes are almost useless, because you can't hit shit with them. Might as well go throwing lances for 20x efficiency. Throwing weapons were made slower to increase the level of "player skill" required to use them. I do not feel they work as intended because people dodge all the time by moving randomly. The skill involved is being able to look into the future, which is nearly impossible.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.