Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 80796 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #675 on: June 24, 2016, 07:22:05 pm »
Fuck EU, fuck Gibraltar, fuck Scots, fuck NI...

Add to that. Fuck it time to start a civil war, rally the troops, depose of the Queen, kick out parliament and put a new King on the throne. Seeing as going backwards seems to be the way to go now.

Watching the election coverage last night (I stayed up all night and went to work pssht) there were an alarming number of voters interviewed who voted leave simply to 'stick it to the man'. Not exactly a great way to decide on one of the most important votes in decades.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 24, 2016, 07:22:39 pm »
I also find the "old = stupid and disconnected to real life" a bit counter-intuitive.

Not to add that millions of younglings voted to leave, its not like 25% = none?
Yes, and on the other hand, the assumption that 18 year olds are somehow more qualified to vote, and know these things better. Have these people met the average 18 year old?

I've seen different graphs, and some of them seem to add the "didn't vote/don't know" votes to the "stay" camp.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 594
  • Infamy: 2955
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 24, 2016, 07:27:16 pm »
Argentina said they'll take Falklands back if this happens. We'll see if they have balls to attempt such a thing.

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 24, 2016, 07:28:02 pm »
+1
Taking it along with the barrage of butthurt whining that the sky is falling from regressive media and that those responsable are the dying old white racists that everyone else can't wait to dissapear, because the young and "minorities" are obviously all tolerant humanist globalists, uniformly, it's not very hard to see what the "implications" of the graph are. It's literally spelled out. I'm sure you had no consciousness of this graph being blatantly misleading when you posted it though.

No of course not. I would never buy into (or propagate for that matter) such naive simplistic propaganda.

:twisted:

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 24, 2016, 07:29:22 pm »
+1
Argentina said they'll take Falklands back if this happens. We'll see if they have balls to attempt such a thing.

Argentina say they will take Falklands back pretty much every week. But the Falklands already had their referendum and decided to stay British.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 24, 2016, 07:29:56 pm »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 24, 2016, 07:33:46 pm »
I wonder how many moron's like this there were:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/eu-referendum-man_uk_576cf8e4e4b08d2c5638ee29

Considering quite a few have now cropped up on news coverage.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 24, 2016, 07:35:14 pm »
+1
I wonder how many moron's like this there were:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/eu-referendum-man_uk_576cf8e4e4b08d2c5638ee29

Considering quite a few have now cropped up on news coverage.
Out of tens of millions, obviously there are quite a few. Clearly there's an agenda there, they could find "quite a few" from the other camp who now think they should've voted for "leave."
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 24, 2016, 07:36:24 pm »
Out of tens of millions, obviously there are quite a few. Clearly there's an agenda there, they could find "quite a few" from the other camp who now think they should've voted for "leave."

Not by his reasoning. Polls had Remain in the lead and he voted to make sure they didn't win by too much.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 24, 2016, 07:41:21 pm »
+1
Not by his reasoning. Polls had Remain in the lead and he voted to make sure they didn't win by too much.
Yes, well, his reasoning is retarded. He didn't think his vote would matter. Well... it literally didn't. So what's the news here? BREAKING: HUMAN CHANGES MIND, MORE AT ELEVEN?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #685 on: June 24, 2016, 07:43:25 pm »
+1
I know we live in an age where the wisdom of age is generally ignored in public life but let us not pretend that a lot of people do not actually grow wiser exponentially with experience. Many of you who are teenagers or in your early to mid-20s right now will most likely look back at your opinions in 10-20 years and grimace, as I probably will myself on a lot of issues throughout my life. Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

Some also get more set in their ways but I think that is adequately balanced with the youthful arrogance in the opposite end of the age spectrum.

I think people are finding out everywhere the deception that the media portrays is not reality. There are many communication outlets that can portray an illusion by exaggerating the popularity of certain viewpoints which easily leads to the assumption they are the actual majority which we're finding out is not always the case. What would appear to be a vocal majority actually turns out to be an over-representation of a minority that was just really good at barking up the right communication outlets for attention.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #686 on: June 24, 2016, 07:48:18 pm »
+1
I think people should just chill out a bit over the weekend before coming back and declaring civil war because the vote didnt go your way (i read the same stuff about how the country let itself down and how its a national tragedy from people who voted labour last election)

The Markets will ofc crash/dip on news that means things will be uncertain for a couple of years, however our stock market is only down to the level it was at in feb of this year so we will need to leave it a while to see how things go.

Scotland can hold another referendum for sure, can hardly deny them that when they vote so differently. I wouldnt count on one for N Ireland as regions did vote remain (and dont listen to sinn fein they would call a referendum every week if they could)

As for the young moaning about the older generations screwing them over, all i can say is Grow the fuck up its called democracy. people at uni/just out of uni do not have more right to decide how the country is run. (hell its been so easy to get into uni the last 10 or so years it has less worth than it ever has before)

They mostly have no real world experience, its all well and good being young or a student and having an ideal but you dont have the responsibilities or experiences of your parents or theirs. Things that matter to you when you are 18-24 are in no way more important or superior to things that matter to people over 40 for instance. My views have totally changed since i was 18-20 (currently 28)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #687 on: June 24, 2016, 07:49:28 pm »
+2
The fucking enourmous idiots. Goodbye GB, welcome England and Wales.

I read this whole thing as a crystal clear voice of the people: pls no more immigrants.

A subject which is anyway getting attention all over Europe and is assured to be reflected in upcoming elections. But u just couldn't wait a bit.

But the way it went down lol. Populist farage using the matter to get attention, Cameron greedily stealing voters on what he thought would never go down. Well now we're here, everybody looses. The plan was for Europe to stick to its guns, together. Against China, against US, against Russia, and everyone else that has something to gain from a weak Europe. Jesus moronic Brits. Self centered ignorant fools. I don't have words. In order to be patriotic, you have to reserve some patriotism for the greater part of the world which u also have a lot in common with. Namely Europe..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 24, 2016, 07:53:22 pm »
They mostly have no real world experience, its all well and good being young or a student and having an ideal but you dont have the responsibilities or experiences of your parents or theirs. Things that matter to you when you are 18-24 are in no way more important or superior to things that matter to people over 40 for instance. My views have totally changed since i was 18-20 (currently 28)

Actually we do have the responsibilities. Due to our parents and grandparents building their own wealth based on debt, we won't have secure pensions as the state pension pot is fucked, we will have a massive aging population to pay for whilst having a lower overall working population due to lower birthrate (hence why immigration is actually a good thing). Add to that they have now by and large voted us out of what was a secure setup economically. Young voters have a damn right to be pissed off, especially considering many of the older voters won't have to deal with many of the consequences.

Don't even get me started on all the wealthy pensioners and middle aged with second homes completely fucking the housing market for the young, to the point where there is now a higher than ever proportion of people in their 20's and early 30's still living with parents just to save for a mortgage. There's a reason they are calling us 'generation rent'.

To add by comparison I'm 25.

Edit:

Slight add to this. That's why it's a good thing they've now upped postage duty on second homes. It can add around £10000 onto a decent property so hopefully it will go some way to discouraging those who want property just to rent it out or a nice holiday home.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:03:31 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #689 on: June 24, 2016, 07:57:24 pm »
The fucking enourmous idiots. Goodbye GB, welcome England and Wales.

I read this whole thing as a crystal clear voice of the people: pls no more immigrants.

A subject which is anyway getting attention all over Europe and is assured to be reflected in upcoming elections. But u just couldn't wait a bit.

But the way it went down lol. Populist farage using the matter to get attention, Cameron greedily stealing voters on what he thought would never go down. Well now we're here, everybody looses. The plan was for Europe to stick to its guns, together. Against China, against US, against Russia, and everyone else that has something to gain from a weak Europe. Jesus moronic Brits. Self centered ignorant fools. I don't have words. In order to be patriotic, you have to reserve some patriotism for the greater part of the world which u also have a lot in common with. Namely Europe..

No EU mass immigration quotas means that the UK economy can only get better, and there will be better opportunities for immigrants who actually want to work imo. Immigrants and foreigners who want to work in the UK will no longer have to compete with a non-stop influx of workers who will undercut their pay and salaries so they can actually make a decent wage.  As people said before I don't think leaving the EU has anything to do with a halt on foreigners and immigrants working in the UK, it just gives the UK more control over the situation which can only lead to a higher quality of living for all in the long run.