Author Topic: religion of peace followers spreading love at brussels airport  (Read 30991 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: religion of peace followers spreading love at brussels airport
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2016, 05:25:12 pm »
(click to show/hide)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oh, that's awkward...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:38:02 pm by Falka »

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2016, 05:35:20 pm »
+5
Yeah, let's give everybody guns, I'm sure that will solve the issue.

(click to show/hide)

Or you could take Breivik from his cell and fly him to fight ISIS. Just implant a device to know his location and if he doesn't keep fighting the bad guys you could remotely detonate it and make him explode. Norway wouldn't have to buy him a new console and that would stop him from going to court with his shitty complaints. It's a win/win scenario.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2016, 05:43:27 pm »
+4
Preventive action? Start by controlling borders then control what they teach in the mosques where many of these idiots are being brainwashed by radical Islam, usually of the wahabi-salafist variety. More funding for police and more spotlight for organizations like Majeed Nawaz's Quilliam Foundation and make radical organizations like the Hizb ut-Tahrir illegal. And stop making excuses for them.

Personal protection could be obtained by weapons but it requires a controlled, disciplined gun culture. Poorly trained people with guns are dangerous even if they try to help, and I wouldn't want to live in a culture where all criminals have guns.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:50:48 pm by Angantyr »

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2016, 05:46:48 pm »
Lol at the person that said we didn't know it was muslims.

Also dropping breivik in to fight isis and remote detonating him if he runs fucking top kek

Absolutely this
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:49:50 pm by njames89 »

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2016, 05:51:35 pm »
Nope. One, the car would have to slow down, if the terr'ists want to hit anything. Two, they'd stick the gun out of the window so as not to go deaf. Three, shooting from a car is difficult even under the best of conditions. Four, nothing says you (the armed citizen) will be the primary/first target, in which case returning fire will be much easier.

It's not a fool proof method of preventing X percentage of terror attacks. It's a method of not being scared, of being willing to fight back. Of governments not hindering those of their citizens who are willing and able to defend themselves and those around them. There is no way, aside from a massive Big Brother state which would limit all freedoms, to prevent all the attacks. And a ridiculously small amount of people dying to terrorism annually is not cause enough to sell away your freedom. So that's an important distinction to make it. It's not so much that having armed citizens will prevent the majority of attacks, it's a mindset thing. "Attack us if you will, but we'll fight back, we won't be afraid, and we won't be easy targets."

Terrorism feeds off of the panicky sheep fear. It's useless against a society that is not afraid.

The prices are high and fear is the central concept.

Going back the specific example though, no, you couldn't defend against a sneak attack like that. They would not play it fair and take aim when you are paying attention. And they would likely be away before you unholstered your weapon.
Furthermore if someone did take out the attacker, well that's just one more martyr. Loss of life doesn't matter on that side.

I'm not sure how great guns are for not being so afraid. The principal risk would still always be there, and if armed citizens rendered some type of attack too likely to fail, at most it would mean a change of tactics for terrorists, probably back to these suicide bombings that just happened.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2016, 05:52:39 pm »
+1
Yeah, let's give everybody guns, I'm sure that will solve the issue.

Yeah, would have solved the issue of that guy, for one. Gave up immediately when people with guns showed up, despite his bravado that he'd "die fighting."
The prices are high and fear is the central concept.

Going back the specific example though, no, you couldn't defend against a sneak attack like that. They would not play it fair and take aim when you are paying attention. And they would likely be away before you unholstered your weapon.
Furthermore if someone did take out the attacker, well that's just one more martyr. Loss of life doesn't matter on that side.

I'm not sure how great guns are for not being so afraid. The principal risk would still always be there, and if armed citizens rendered some type of attack too likely to fail, at most it would mean a change of tactics for terrorists, probably back to these suicide bombings that just happened.
Meanwhile in real life, all the attackers have been incompetent and not super ninjas who sneak-assassinate people.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2016, 05:56:40 pm »
+2
I don't think arming citiziens would really prevent much tbh, could just end up like USA where more people are murdered for a dollar every year than people die from Terrorism in Europe.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2016, 05:59:49 pm »
Lol at the person that said we didn't know it was muslims.
I might not have been serious, two attacks ago though we actually had some very serious discussions along those lines, I guess two more attacks finally proved to be too much statistical evidence.

Bullshit, there is lots of imaginary belief and not a lot of true conviction, even in a religion radical islam. The amount of people that think they believe in terrorist martyrdom is way higher than the amount of people willing to actually put on the belt. Carrying out a small terrorist attack on your own in which you would kill more than three infidels is piss-easy, and we would be in big trouble if all of radical Islam actually believed what they claim to believe.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2016, 06:02:02 pm »
Bullshit, there is lots of imaginary belief and not a lot of true conviction, even in a religion radical islam. The amount of people that think they believe in terrorist martyrdom is way higher than the amount of people willing to actually put on the belt. Carrying out a small terrorist attack on your own in which you would kill more than three infidels is piss-easy, and we would be in big trouble if all of radical Islam actually believed what they claim to believe.
Yes, and there are a lot of people who pussy out at the last second in suicide attacks.

Not to mention all the "warriors of Islam" who run away like cowards in actual gunfights, both in terrorism scenarios and warfare.

It makes no sense, if you truly believed in that crap, you'd want to die ASAP so you could get to heaven.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Heibai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Traps aren't gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems I guess
  • Game nicks: Heibai
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2016, 06:06:15 pm »
+1
Reading an article about this.. instant facepalm.
"We, the citizen of the western world, have to get accustomed, that terrorism is part of our daily routine." (translated by me)

I think, she (the journalist) also likes it to get raped in the butt.
I hope you die IRL. What kind of fucking build is that?!

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2016, 06:07:33 pm »
I don't think arming citiziens would really prevent much tbh, could just end up like USA where more people are murdered for a dollar every year than people die from Terrorism in Europe.

Or could end up like Switzerland. Military trained people have weapons ready at home and do yearly mandatory training. Though Switzerland is probably the only country in the world that is able to pull that off.

Offline bruttus

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2016, 06:10:48 pm »
Or could end up like Switzerland. Military trained people have weapons ready at home and do yearly mandatory training. Though Switzerland is probably the only country in the world that is able to pull that off.

You forget Israell

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2016, 06:12:36 pm »

I don't think I ever said anything about all of radical or irradical Islam, only about acts of terror.

In other words: To the people already committing suicide attacks, losing their life because of return fire is probably not a great concern.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2016, 06:24:33 pm »
copy paste israel could be work... jeeez what I'm talking about  :rolleyes:

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2016, 06:25:35 pm »
You forget Israell

They have something similar in place?

Idk how the Swiss permits deal with open carry or concealed carry. They have assault rifles at home, but can they carry a pistol (even concealed one) in public places? That would be kind of a requirement if citizens were to be able to stop a terrorist act like in xant's scenario.