Author Topic: Pandor's repentance.  (Read 45843 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Pandor's repentance.
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2016, 03:51:35 am »
@Vovka
yep that's the 2 topics i was trying to 'hide'  it's from 1 year ago and look  :D who's 'inside' of this topic, beta testers/admin's head admins etc :D
so i will write it again if some is brain damaged to max level, showing moral line in 2016 on Russian Cucumber Pindor is ok?

cherry on the cake  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

'lel at all the infamy

Is there a way to color only the arrows?' (c) Prpavi   [on the second page]
hahahahaaha piece of shit forum hero :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

proof I ever used any mods, no? ok then..

nah m8 you're still a piece of shit allong with your "brothers" and 1k keys you bought for strat and if this was a regular game not a player starving indie mod your asses would be blanked banned forever.

also still looking for the mods, you know anybody that can give me the link?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2016, 03:52:50 am »
+1
stfu

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2016, 03:53:20 am »
+3

our horse archer double standarts knight :lol: :mrgreen:
if u want link ask your team mates, the true DEVELOPERS of neon weapon's or arrows:)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 04:05:41 am by McKli_PL »

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2016, 04:01:24 am »
+1
proof I ever used any mods, no? ok then..

nah m8 you're still a piece of shit allong with your "brothers" and 1k keys you bought for strat and if this was a regular game not a player starving indie mod your asses would be blanked banned forever.

also still looking for the mods, you know anybody that can give me the link?

I would have told you an interesting story of my time spend in The Mercenaries and the multi-accounting that took place there on strat... but its an old story and those people guilty of it have been long gone.

But those were europian players, so who cares huh?
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2016, 04:11:03 am »
I would have told you an interesting story of my time spend in The Mercenaries and the multi-accounting that took place there on strat... but its an old story and those people guilty of it have been long gone.

But those were europian players, so who cares huh?

Nope same thing, proof ...

So I get no links, selfish...
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2016, 09:23:04 am »
+3
Uthyr, interesting ideas, but Native arrows are a lot wider and a lot easier to see then regular crpg arrows, and if u say green arrows give advantage then those do too. Should be all or nothing.

Hm and i don't follow the logic, you said its not against the rules to use them, then why is it against the rules to share them, because that one u just made up for this special case. Because i haven't seen such rule.
People discuss this mods on forums, post screenshoots, how would pandor guess that there is a rule that no one ever talked about.

we found at list 3-4 ppl in this thread to ban, for the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, i would be up for forced remove of all mods! all! The problem i have is with fairness of the situation. Either all should be banned for it, or none. U can't just pick a guy and ban him like that. Of course u wouldn't do that to ur buddies or other players u know for ages, u'd probably give them warning or just laugh about it.
I don't follow the ban threads but was there anyone banned before for doing something that wasn't included in server rules?

After admin BlackBow on eu1 explaining to me for an hour why he hates all russians and that they should fuck off the server and insulting us on regular basis. I have hard time to believe in admins judgement. He is obviously not the only one doing that, but he is admin. If people like him decide on who to ban, then i'm worried.
when UIF looks at you

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2016, 10:25:38 am »
+2
Pandor was banned NOT by an EU admin, NOT by an NA admin. He was banned by Dupre, who counts as a global admin, as a TEMPORARY measure, untill the active admins from both regions decide his fate in an on-going discussion, which ends in a few days.
Pandor was banned for SHARING CHEATS, specifically that.
His ban, at the moment, is not permanent. More information will be released in a couple days.
Was he banned for using the cheats? No. Did it influence the decision regarding his ban? No.
Is it completely alright to mod your textures? Without any control in place, the only thing that controls it is players morality :wink:
Can we, at this moment, somehow control what files do players use? No. Therefore, unless that last thing changes, we just won't bother ourselves with claims that someone uses a cheat.
BUT IF YOU SHARE THE CHEAT ON THE GAME FORUM AND INVITE EVERYONE TO USE IT, there's hardly any defence left for you, you admit to doing a thing that is, by common sense, wrong - you share a game exploit. And pleading guilty is the top evidence.

If it's a cheat then he should be banned for cheating (perhaps in addition to sharing it). If it isn't a cheat than he shouldn't be banned for sharing it. The real problem is there is no detection system in place for what exactly is modified in a persons file. In this case you can use a "common sense" and ban him for cheating at some point in time or a "legal sense" and say you can't ban him because you can't prove he's still cheating.

This whole "He should only be banned for sharing the cheat and not using it" is frankly ridiculous. Common sense would dictate you ban him for cheating and for sharing it. Then again common sense is only a catch all phrase in this community so the admins and devs can change the rules retroactively when things they did not foresee come up. Which is a fine thing to do actually, just wished you didn't call it common sense, cause as we can clearly see from this debacle it's anything but common or sensical.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline hellou

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2016, 10:36:34 am »
Cant believe that someone can hate russians
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0z557aPT8Q

Maybe most of the dedicated crpg players use some custom help, drz, mercs, varadin, amox, greys.
They just dont share it. So even when Ppravi is right about drz, he should not only blame them, imho.
The point is, uif wins because of much better organisation and not because of cheats.

BTW, blackbow is a good guy, he hates krems moar  :lol

The reward for being mercenary in strat should be much higher, in gold in silver and exp!
Otherwise it makes no sense to play strat.
I suggest to make the gain in exp higher for characters under level 37, so people can close the gap to tryhards.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2016, 11:19:35 am »
+4
It all boils down to Krems being the only clean clan in crpg left.
Simply because we don't give a damn about our performances as long as we're having fun.
The true gaming spirit.

(click to show/hide)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2016, 12:28:11 pm »
Uthyr, interesting ideas, but Native arrows are a lot wider and a lot easier to see then regular crpg arrows, and if u say green arrows give advantage then those do too. Should be all or nothing.

Hm and i don't follow the logic, you said its not against the rules to use them, then why is it against the rules to share them, because that one u just made up for this special case. Because i haven't seen such rule.
People discuss this mods on forums, post screenshoots, how would pandor guess that there is a rule that no one ever talked about.

we found at list 3-4 ppl in this thread to ban, for the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, i would be up for forced remove of all mods! all! The problem i have is with fairness of the situation. Either all should be banned for it, or none. U can't just pick a guy and ban him like that. Of course u wouldn't do that to ur buddies or other players u know for ages, u'd probably give them warning or just laugh about it.
I don't follow the ban threads but was there anyone banned before for doing something that wasn't included in server rules?

After admin BlackBow on eu1 explaining to me for an hour why he hates all russians and that they should fuck off the server and insulting us on regular basis. I have hard time to believe in admins judgement. He is obviously not the only one doing that, but he is admin. If people like him decide on who to ban, then i'm worried.

Ok, are you seriously trying to tell us he was using the arrows just because they looked good? Are you trying to tell us they did not give him some sort of advantage? Ofc they give advantage, but he was the one douchy enough to brag about it and enchourage people to gain unfair advantage by sharing them. Does he understand why that is wrong? I get you are buddies and all and you're trying to defend his case but making this all about everybody hates russians qq is no the way of doing it.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2016, 01:00:24 pm »
+2
Ok, are you seriously trying to tell us he was using the arrows just because they looked good? Are you trying to tell us they did not give him some sort of advantage? Ofc they give advantage, but he was the one douchy enough to brag about it and enchourage people to gain unfair advantage by sharing them. Does he understand why that is wrong? I get you are buddies and all and you're trying to defend his case but making this all about everybody hates russians qq is no the way of doing it.

did u read full message?
So where is the rule that its ok to use coloured arrows and not allowed to brag about it?
He posted stupid video, very naive, got attacked, trolled in return - got banned for bragging and sharing. Others didn't get banned for neither of those things
when UIF looks at you

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2016, 01:07:53 pm »
+3
So where is the rule that its ok to use coloured arrows and not allowed to brag about it?

Guess that's the common sense you both don't understand.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2016, 02:42:11 pm »
+1
If it's a cheat then he should be banned for cheating (perhaps in addition to sharing it). If it isn't a cheat than he shouldn't be banned for sharing it. The real problem is there is no detection system in place for what exactly is modified in a persons file. In this case you can use a "common sense" and ban him for cheating at some point in time or a "legal sense" and say you can't ban him because you can't prove he's still cheating.

This whole "He should only be banned for sharing the cheat and not using it" is frankly ridiculous. Common sense would dictate you ban him for cheating and for sharing it. Then again common sense is only a catch all phrase in this community so the admins and devs can change the rules retroactively when things they did not foresee come up. Which is a fine thing to do actually, just wished you didn't call it common sense, cause as we can clearly see from this debacle it's anything but common or sensical.

Quickly! Silence this man! Get the goonsquad to downvote this!
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2016, 02:50:17 pm »
+1
blah blah blah...

First thread happened when I wasn't an admin, 2nd when I was only a trial admin - not much I could do, besides back then the global admins were active and so were the Devs, and usually they handled this stuff.
They're absent now, so we have to talk about this stuff together and decide what to do. I can't really answer you why those things weren't removed, I guess only recently the consensus changed in favour of removing this stuff, maybe since community is a lot smaller and it makes a bigger difference is 5 or so people use the cheat when playing in a server of 40-50 people compared to 100 people.
Also, back then, there were hopes that Devs would add some white-listing mechanic or some sort of file-check, so people in favour of using such mods were probably aware that they wouldn't be allowed to exist much longer and didn't scream bloody ban for the people sharing it, but that is just my guess))

(click to show/hide)

Of course they know I'm stronk polan)

I have the same lag issues and no idea what causes them, and I'm not sure if anyone besides Dupre has any power in touching the servers, and even Dupre may have to contact the devs anyway.
I've had the lag for a very long time now, used to have 35 ping, nowadays norm is 55 :(

(click to show/hide)
I said it's not against the rules to use them because we have physically no means of controlling and viewing it when someone uses them or not, unless a file check would be added, but that is unlikely. The only deterrent we have is to prohibit sharing it, so as few people use it as possible. Sadly that's the reality, there is hardly a point in making a rule that we cannot enforce, that law is void then.

It's like "Children have to obey their parents", an universal and unwritten rule, but no one controls it. So what happens? Those who don't follow the rule are usually looked down upon and generally aren't liked - society deals out the punishment, same as it is here - people agree, in general (as seen in threads linked by Vovka), that users who use the coloured items, transparent buildings etc. are wankers. Sadly, in game, players rarely care what others think about them))

And I don't think you can use the same argument for native arrows, which you can argue are used for their visuals or because they were used in Native and since don't qualify as something made specificaly to simplify the game. It is of course debatable, but that's just my point of view.

Banned without breaking a rule - Clockworkkiller was permabanned (? or just perma muted on forums) for spoiling a very big story point in some movie or TV series, I don't remember which one.
Wayyyne was permamuted for posting some weird shit
Someone else was also banned for spoiling some TV show, again not sure if in-game or just forum mute.

Regarding Blackbow, individual admin opinions don't reflect the admin team's position on certain issues :lol:
Quote from: Official game rules
If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.

(click to show/hide)

Common sense dictates he was banned for sharing a cheat in the first place. To be pedantic and technical, yes, this isn't exactly sensical in the usual meaning of the word, and falls under some boopitty dabbitty interpretation of the "Common Sense" rule, which I have to stick to untill we come up with a specific rule for that.
So yes, we have proof from the user that he used the cheat. And that he shared it. He was lashed at for using it, was told to remove it, and eventually got banned. He was banned MAINLY for sharing it, and to some extent for using it, at some point in time, because as you said, it's not a thing we can control and check anytime as we please.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 19, 2016, 03:06:26 pm »
+2
permamuted is not something even close to permaban. If u didn't want him to share it on forum, u could also permamute him. It doesn't stop u from playing.

About rules, still i don't get it. U said its not against the rules because u have no means to check it. If thats the only reason then why don't u ban those who posted screenshoots and videos on this forum, they exposed themselves and should be banned too? Because u 100% know that they use them, its on screenshoots!
when UIF looks at you