Author Topic: True Definition of Impersonation and how it affects gameplay  (Read 3402 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: True Definition of Impersonation and how it affects gameplay
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 12:51:49 am »
+5
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Zeus_

• The Best Caboose
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 447
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: Zeus
  • IRC nick: Zeus?
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 01:34:56 am »
+4
Can someone forcefully change someone's name that is "Zeus" so i can use it?

I am obviously the only Zeus that still plays the game so therefore i have the rights to the name.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 01:41:24 am »
+5
I think the dumbest ban I got was when I literally wrote a ban thread for myself.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 01:44:09 am »

I am obviously the only Zeus that still plays the game so therefore i have the rights to the name.

I want the same thing with "penitent."  I think I've been using the name so long that if the other guy with a character under than name actually played, they'd be impersonating me.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 02:32:28 am »
+2

Ironically, an alt of the guy currently named Zeus is "MYNAMEWASSTOLEN." I think we know who he is clearly referencing here...

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 02:33:06 am »
+2
didnt even know using similar names is banable.  thats rly supergay,  its a fuggin game, no need to create drama where there is non
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 02:45:02 am »
+2
Just to clarify, they weren't banned for using other peoples names, they were banned for using it in the context that they used it in, they were doing this deliberately to parody the Acre clans people, whilst not actually copying their tags fully, they did name themselves after them, which could easily have lead to misconception as to who they really were. Granted I couldn't give two shits, I thought it was hilarious, however, them being asked to change it was more than justified.

It's not like I can just call myself Vanguard_BlackBow_The_PimpSlayer and just waddle around with no problems is it, Blackbow wouldn't like it, and neither would anyone else, if I stole your name and placed my tag in front of it, that doesn't make it okay just because you've changed the tag.

But, as I said, I don't give two shits, I think the joke was hilarious and I also think the threats of a ban were completely unjustified.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline xxkaliboyx

• Earl
  • Renown: 318
  • Infamy: 104
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Merrrrrica
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 03:02:53 am »
Your not winning this battle.....
Deserter_Merrrrrica

Offline Zeus_

• The Best Caboose
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 03:40:07 am »
+2
Ironically, an alt of the guy currently named Zeus is "MYNAMEWASSTOLEN." I think we know who he is clearly referencing here...

lies and slander

Offline HungryNBroke

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Are you going to eat that?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Hungry_, Stick_, Hellequin_, Peggy_Hill
  • IRC nick: HungryNBroke
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 07:01:31 am »
+2
Wow, this is still a thing.

The original request made by James for the Tripoli people to change their names was done in a very polite way. He did not threaten a ban until after 3 or 4 rounds of the usual "fuck admins, this is completely unfair, aboose" spamming in chat and no name changes being made. This sort of behavior over such a trivial thing wastes everyone's time and energy (the not complying with the name changes. Feel free to rage in chat all you want, super entertaining). At the end of the day if an admin tells you to do/ stop doing something on the server then it is in everyone's best interest to comply, even if you do not agree. You can always go to the admin feedback page or irc to let that admin know how you feel about their decision.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 08:06:06 am »
Is it me or do all those ex-hall monitors with no humor end up being the ones who give a shit enough to be admins?

First of all, since it related to James he never should have had any part in any admin decision regarding this issue, wayyyy too much bias.

Secondly, at least let it play out where they have a match up against acre - winner take all including names, then you can force name changes (preferably acre if they lose the fight)

Third, your admin responses were some of the driest, most humorless things I have ever seen - I highly doubt you laughed, except maybe when you get to exercise your banhammer in a mod of an old game.

Fourth, lets put something like this to a general vote or at the very least a vote among all the admins (EU side will be better maybe?) on whether this is acceptable

Lastly, what happened to all the admins who are part of fun clans like MB, Chaos, FCC, TKoV, HoC, BIRD clan, Mercs, Mithrim, etc. that can take a joke?
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2016, 09:33:43 am »
+3
Reinstate Tristan as admin

(click to show/hide)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2016, 05:16:18 pm »
+1
Make me admin and I will ban all ranged, cav and anything that isn't else that isn't 2h
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline HungryNBroke

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Are you going to eat that?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Hungry_, Stick_, Hellequin_, Peggy_Hill
  • IRC nick: HungryNBroke
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2016, 05:43:08 pm »
+5
Is it me or do all those ex-hall monitors with no humor end up being the ones who give a shit enough to be admins?

First of all, since it related to James he never should have had any part in any admin decision regarding this issue, wayyyy too much bias.

Secondly, at least let it play out where they have a match up against acre - winner take all including names, then you can force name changes (preferably acre if they lose the fight)

Third, your admin responses were some of the driest, most humorless things I have ever seen - I highly doubt you laughed, except maybe when you get to exercise your banhammer in a mod of an old game.

Fourth, lets put something like this to a general vote or at the very least a vote among all the admins (EU side will be better maybe?) on whether this is acceptable

Lastly, what happened to all the admins who are part of fun clans like MB, Chaos, FCC, TKoV, HoC, BIRD clan, Mercs, Mithrim, etc. that can take a joke?

1. He did not take action before consulting other admins. I probably should have been the one to say something, but alas I am a lazy fuck.
2. Wow
3. That is your personal opinion, I happen to be a big fan of really dry humorless humor. I never laugh when I ban someone though. I just feel this orgasmic sense of power well up inside. Truthfully it is the only way I can ever get off.
4. After all these years you still think this is a democratic system. Thank you for showing me I can in fact laugh at a forum post.
5. years and years of hearing the same jokes over and over gets a bit old. Show me some new material and I will start laughing again.

Offline Zeus_

• The Best Caboose
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2016, 05:49:43 pm »
Make me admin and I will ban all ranged, cav and anything that isn't else that isn't 2h

including yourself?