Author Topic: CRPG suicide pact  (Read 6980 times)

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: CRPG suicide pact
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2015, 06:57:12 pm »
+15
there are 3 things to learn from this thread.

1. Yuang is thee greatest poster of our time, and every one of his golden posts touches my heart with warmth and light, he inspires me to write deep and thought provoking things. everyone should +1 his posts, as i think it will inspire him to post more, which will, in turn, inspire the rest of us...to post BETTER. ty Yuang.

2. Strat saves lives! joking or not, idc wtf you guys think or got from cikels post, it hit hard, and touched me ( down there ) and dont fucking lie lads, it did the same to you to, virtual or not, this is our life, our identity, and its slowly ending...and we are ALL OF US, slowly dying on the inside because of it. idk cikel well enough to know if he's serious, or just really really misses strat. i wont kill myself if it never comes back...but i will hire ex ira to firebomb donkey crew studio. do yourself a favor chadz, reset strat! save cikel and your studio!
(click to show/hide)

3. i am not the only one who feels like a part of my life is dying, ending. i log on and feel lost, you lads know by now, I HATE this mod more than anyone else ever fucking has...im also really starting to think I LOVE this place maybe more than anyone else ( more than any one should ), i hate how this place has changed...but this place, is MY place, i know that now, i spent years defending native, and always will...but ive left native...i honestly dont know if \ when ill EVER leave crpg, perhaps when the servers finally shut off...till then, this is me, this is my life, this is what i love, this is what i have a passion for this is what i think about when im at work. when im around my girls friends i cant stand listening to their stupid conversations about fucking nothing, i turn my ears off, and drift back into caladria.

ive turned away friends to play this, party's to play this, ive skipped work and lied to my boss to play this.

ive put off real life...for this life, so when cikel says he'll die, idk if hes serious, id like to think its a metaphor.

when crpg ends i wont have to kill myself...ill already be dead.

you understand now what lack of strat does to people chadz?
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2015, 06:58:10 pm »
+11
Cikel we can be IRL friends.  I RP a hero Viking, and my son is my kitty side kick (sometimes he wargs into a frog or a bunny and hops around too).  We could use a knight on our journeys.

(click to show/hide)

Also, pro tip.  Don't kill yourself without doing something meaningful first.  If you have a death wish, at least take out some terrible people in the world as you go out in a blaze of glory.  Make the world a better place with your death.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 07:04:42 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 960
  • Infamy: 1373
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2015, 08:04:23 pm »
+1
Don't know this guy but I'm fairly sure he won't kill himself. Suicide can be painful. cRPG addicts are cowards. Killing yourself without feeling any pain requires little bit of education. Something cRPG addicts don't have. They can try to educate themselves on the Internet, but then they'll found out there are much better ways to spend your free time and that will fix everything. Last but not the least, suicide requires some effort. If I person wanted to put effort into things, he wouldn't be playing cRPG whole goddamn day.

Original poster dude, have you heard of that Russian guy who is going to sue Bethesda over Fallout 4 ruining his life? If you have parents and they have money and are willing to help you, tell them to sue company who created cRPG. It is about time gamers wake up and start seeing things for what they are. Game developers are abusing our weaknesses, purposely developing game mechanics using psychology to create traps for mentally unstable people, to lock them down into their game worlds, sucking money and life out of them.

#WakeUpGamers2016

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2015, 08:11:49 pm »
+8
all these euros just can't understand the pact. Us true NA players are all in with you.

▲ ▲

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2948
  • Infamy: 1357
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2015, 08:18:53 pm »
+5
Will just say one more thing, something that life thought me very well. If something is effortless but brings you great pleasure, it is probably bad for you and you shouldn't indulge in it too often. Truly great things in life require you to put some serious effort into them and rewards will last much, much longer.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2015, 08:23:17 pm »
+10
RIP in peace. Tis better to have played crpg and watch it die than to never have played it at all.

Kill sperglords and tryhards in the afterlife cikel.

Godspeed my good mang.

Offline Tomas_Miles_again

• Earl
  • Renown: 317
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: None anymore
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2015, 08:25:55 pm »
+2
all these euros just can't understand the pact. Us true NA players are all in with you.

Best thing to come out of Birmingham (after UB40 and Musical Youth)!!!! Checking this guy out, he does some sick covers too

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2015, 09:08:35 pm »
+6
To be honest, I think that if you managed to didn't kill yourself while struggling through the horrific lags infected the crpg servers lately, you are the fucking beast already and your future is terrific. Stay strong. Nothing can ever bring you down.
(click to show/hide)
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2015, 09:11:03 pm »
+8
Truly what we need is for all of cRPG to get together, dress up as knights and go to Syria and fight ISIS with swords. Do a few interviews complaining about lag and agi my old friends and ranged before we all die obviously.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2015, 09:11:28 pm »
+7
To be honest, I think that if you managed to didn't kill yourself while struggling through the horrific lags infected the crpg servers lately, you are the fucking beast already and your future is terrific. Stay strong. Nothing can ever bring you down.
(click to show/hide)

Weekly server resets are in place. Long live lag free c-rpg!
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2015, 09:30:01 pm »
+4
this is our life, our identity, and its slowly ending...and we are ALL OF US, slowly dying on the inside because of it.
Naaaah. I rather see it as the end of a great era instead of a complete end (like for me, the end of beloved Shogunate Clan or Byzantium Clan). It is just a hiatus because we´ll be switching to two games (MaB2 and M:BG) then. I imagine our ingame characters, moving to foreign lands far away to conquer, forming new allies or just wreaking havoc doing their thing.
(click to show/hide)

And I don´t know about you guys, but I am already patiently sharpening my ingame sword, because there will be so much fresh meat around in those far lands (aka new games). And when this community will step in...

dear god, we will stomp them so hard, I just can´t wait. We´ll roll over them like a damn hurricane  :twisted:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2015, 09:39:22 pm »
+6
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2235
  • Infamy: 310
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2015, 11:34:20 pm »
Naaaah. I rather see it as the end of a great era instead of a complete end (like for me, the end of beloved Shogunate Clan or Byzantium Clan). It is just a hiatus because we´ll be switching to two games (MaB2 and M:BG) then. I imagine our ingame characters, moving to foreign lands far away to conquer, forming new allies or just wreaking havoc doing their thing.

Completely missed that part of his post. He's probably trolling, but have to mention something that happened to me few days ago. Before wasting my time on cRPG, I've been doing the same in online mecha game called Exteel. That was eight years ago. Recently, I've stumbled upon Exteel subreddit, started by folks who played the game back in the days. Recognized all of them, felt really nostalgic to see those people are still alive and kicking. It was a good feeling.

Nearly 30 years old and rapidly losing interest in online gaming. Some of those things I've said about games are true (not the part where chadz deliberately wants us to suffer lel). Game industry is growing rapidly, driven by pure capitalism games are evolving into something that doesn't feel right to me. Amount of microtransactions in video games  combined with mechanisms that force regular Joe to spend inordinate amounts of money disgust me. Freemium model that evolved from MMORPGs is by far the worst thing that could happen to video games. But it won't stop there. Desktop and big console games will incorporate different financing models into their games, combining fremium features with B2P model and maybe even inventing new ways how to attract whales to spend thousands of dollars on video games. You think people will react negatively to this and it will be put under the rug after public protests? Don't think so. Paid mods are next in the line for PC gamers and after that paid multiplayer service is coming. Star Citizen has by far the most disgusting financing model for a big game, but it is nothing compared to mobile and browser games. When developers have a taste of "dirty" money not even indies will steer away from these practices. Future of online gaming and gaming in general is not what we wish it to be.

To think that I've started gaming on systems that used cartridges (ROM), type of data storage that couldn't be altered after you buy it. Which ensured that games recorded were finished version (v1.0) and work flawlessly. Fast forward 20+ years and we're buying pre-alpha software, being pulled into schemes that makes us believe we're part of development process and paying crazy amounts of money for that experience. What happened to just playing video games?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2015, 11:35:06 pm »
+7
When I am gone, I do not want men to say Look at his piles of wealth, his cities, his palaces and fine clothes. Instead I want them to say Make sure he is truly dead. He is a vicious old man and he conquered half the world.

What is the purpose of life if not to conquer? To steal women and land? I would rather be here and see this than live out my life in peace. The suffering of my enemies will be a feast to the spirits. When I am old, I will remember the tears they have shed and it will ease my bones. It's all you can say, when the end comes: 'I did not waste my time.' I think that matters. I think it may be all that matters. Your life is just a bird’s flight through a lit room. You pass from infinite darkness into endless night, with only a short time in between.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tiger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 853
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • Made In China
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TigerGirl; MooMooMilk; BobaBubbleTea; TerraCotta; Tuberculosis; BoomStickGirl
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2015, 11:39:22 pm »
+4
Why think of death when you are unhappy?
Why think of death when so much is left undone?
Death will make everyone else around you unhappy.
Say no to death.
If you want to meet death, then meet him when you are very old, and able to smile and laugh at his face.  :lol:

Suggestions for a to do list...
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 11:43:06 pm by Tiger »

"The long united must divide; the long divided must unite."
"How many things, before and after, all melt into gossip and laughter."