bronto who?
give them run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs
december 2010
pretty cool guy tbh
Make Zeus head NA admin
he doesn't even play
not perma banning enough people

Author Topic: [NA] Head Admin [EU] Pleb Admin, Bronto  (Read 41902 times)

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
Re: [NA] Head Admin [EU] Pleb Admin, Bronto
« Reply #255 on: March 16, 2018, 06:43:15 am »
+1
if they are afk the truly best course of action is to leave them be until close to the end of the last round.

The reasoning behind this is they have already done the damage by spawning in more bots. The only way they can make up for this is by contributing and if you kick them you are removing any chance they have to contribute.

Why I would wait till right before xp and gold are earned is so that you don't accidentally make a mistake and get the team killed on the off chance that this guy comes back and actually does contribute. If victory is clear and he is still afk and contributing nothing then kick him but not until. I have seen many times now where EU/NA admins kick people on dtv on high-end waves only for these people to rejoin the server and watch their team they helped get to the higher levels wipe because they afk'd for a round and now can definitely not help or even attempt to save the team that they spawned more bots for because some admin decided they should kick them right then and there rather than at the end of the round. Their presence hurts no one until the next wave anyhow.

dtv is much different than other game modes where I'd agree kicking immediately would solve more issues than not.   

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 16, 2018, 09:05:21 am »
if they are afk the truly best course of action is to leave them be until close to the end of the last round.

The reasoning behind this is they have already done the damage by spawning in more bots. The only way they can make up for this is by contributing and if you kick them you are removing any chance they have to contribute.

Why I would wait till right before xp and gold are earned is so that you don't accidentally make a mistake and get the team killed on the off chance that this guy comes back and actually does contribute. If victory is clear and he is still afk and contributing nothing then kick him but not until. I have seen many times now where EU/NA admins kick people on dtv on high-end waves only for these people to rejoin the server and watch their team they helped get to the higher levels wipe because they afk'd for a round and now can definitely not help or even attempt to save the team that they spawned more bots for because some admin decided they should kick them right then and there rather than at the end of the round. Their presence hurts no one until the next wave anyhow.

dtv is much different than other game modes where I'd agree kicking immediately would solve more issues than not.   

tl;dr nobody asked you desire, go back to the Balancer Shed
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 16, 2018, 09:10:59 am »
I was afk on a pirate boat as a british guy in Blackwake and no one bitched.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 16, 2018, 11:59:42 am »
+1
I agree Desire and this happened during the last round. Guy went straight to a glitched spot, got stuck, and didn't contribute from wave 1 on. Just stayed in some barrels or whatever stuck.

Its difficult to fully explain, but there wasnt an xp barn, just a fence with about 5-6 people in it. While he was in a building on top of a shelf stuck between a large basket and a wall. Really no reason he should have been there. The right call was made IMO.

Had everyone died there is no way he could've helped win. Everyone would've been left to watch the virgin die. Just a tough call because he's a dtv veteran and should've known better.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:08:44 pm by Bronto »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2018, 12:32:18 pm »
+1
its ok I think the ships in Blackwake can support the weight of a Brontosaurus
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2018, 01:22:25 pm »
+1
Yo man Blackwake looks cool as hell. If I hadn't already started like 12 games I'll probably never finish, I'd add that to the collection!

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #261 on: March 16, 2018, 04:37:05 pm »
+1
I agree Desire and this happened during the last round. Guy went straight to a glitched spot, got stuck, and didn't contribute from wave 1 on. Just stayed in some barrels or whatever stuck.

Had everyone died there is no way he could've helped win. Everyone would've been left to watch the virgin die. Just a tough call because he's a dtv veteran and should've known better.

I think desire might mean kick him just before the last wave, not round. Otherwise you're letting him get a bunch of free xp, all while making it harder for everyone else, round after round. If on wave 1 of the last round (or any other round) he runs and afks, then as desire suggested, wait until things are wrapping up round 3 to kick him, that way he has some hope of returning and contributing to the team.

Also, as far as I know prof changed dtv so that the virgin can die, and if she does you don't lose, but you lose a significant amount of xp from the end-of-round rewards. In other words, if someone is afk in a spot where the bots can't reach them, the round will never end.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Zeus_

• The Best Caboose
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 447
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: Zeus
  • IRC nick: Zeus?
« Reply #262 on: March 16, 2018, 05:26:43 pm »
I think desire might mean kick him just before the last wave, not round. Otherwise you're letting him get a bunch of free xp, all while making it harder for everyone else, round after round. If on wave 1 of the last round (or any other round) he runs and afks, then as desire suggested, wait until things are wrapping up round 3 to kick him, that way he has some hope of returning and contributing to the team.

Also, as far as I know prof changed dtv so that the virgin can die, and if she does you don't lose, but you lose a significant amount of xp from the end-of-round rewards. In other words, if someone is afk in a spot where the bots can't reach them, the round will never end.

The 2 or so rounds before Tincans he was sitting between the Virgin and where the bots spawn, most likely alt-tabbing then tabbing back in if/when bots got close. It was only on the first round of tincans he actually went further than 10 feet away from the virgin which is when he ultimately got stuck. It would be easier to explain if I knew the name of the map, just know it was a stereotypical destermat with a huge barn and fence attached to it.

And DTV has seen some minor changes since the virgin can die and the round doesn’t end, the main one being that if she dies on tincans, the map ends and we lose. But this man being where he was, it’s still unlikely that the majority of bots would have ran right by him to get the virgin.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 17, 2018, 03:58:18 am »
+1
Yo man Blackwake looks cool as hell. If I hadn't already started like 12 games I'll probably never finish, I'd add that to the collection!
It is cool as hell and its 40% off sale $12. There's no pve just drop into matches and drop out when needed like crpg/native mp. I would highly reccomend it.
PENDULUM

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 20, 2018, 01:26:15 pm »
+1
Is there any type of leveling system or you get loot for winning rounds?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #265 on: March 20, 2018, 01:36:37 pm »
+2
Iirc there is some sort of levelling system. Haven't played in a while but it was pretty fun sort of drop in battle matches. Just felt like it was missing some kind of long term/persistent multiplayer mode.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 20, 2018, 06:10:42 pm »
+2
Is there any type of leveling system or you get loot for winning rounds?
Leveling just opens up a few outfits and hats. You get xp for kills, pumping, repairing etc. You go to 50 then get a different level icon by name then go to 50 again and icon gets a bit more elite, then to 50 again another icon change etc rinse and repeat. I wish they would make a more persistant open world type mode but they said they just want to do the arena based thing. Probably due to a funding thing too. But like James said its fun for a drop in and out type of game.
PENDULUM

Offline traxits

• Cuck
  • Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player
  • The weakest of the Three Scumlords.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Scumlord_Ephemeral
« Reply #267 on: April 26, 2018, 05:08:30 am »
+7
hey dad it's been a while since we talked but 2 months is a lot shorter than the 21 years since my real dad went to buy smokes.

anyway just thought i'd say i miss u and that i finished my first year of nursing today, figured i'd give u a quick update on that. hopefully u get some free time and come home soon, we all really want to see u again.

call me back whenever you get this message, love u dad.

bye bye
Dear traxits
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team
Today at 04:50:44 pm   Constant Shitposting   +100

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 26, 2018, 04:07:47 pm »
+8
Dear Traxits and Heskeytime,

I got your messages and I just wanted to let you know that I'm proud of you both. You're doing a great job. Traxits way to get that education son. Nursing is a great profession to get into and it's noble as well. Gotta help people. Heskey, good for you on your job and continuing to push and to strive and to strain and to show the world you're not a giving up train.

it's much bigger than usual.
That's what she said.

Anyhow, Dwarf faction was amazing and I'm glad you've teamed up with Tasa and I. If strat gets reset we will hit it hard brother.

I love you all.

Papa Bronto
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 04:17:07 pm by Bronto »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 26, 2018, 05:43:26 pm »
+2
 visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:19:19 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM