Author Topic: Which Poles Can I use?  (Read 5386 times)

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
Re: I'm back with looms!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 10:46:59 pm »
turn in circles and buy cats on ebay.

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 01:20:06 am »
I'm assuming you want another polearm since you mentioned your poleaxe. Scottish halberd is probably too similar to the poleaxe but it's very nice. You could probably trade poleaxe for it if you didn't want to have both.

Naginata is everything the glaive/long hafted blade wants to be.

Bec de corbin is the OP shitfest flavor of the month wep.

I don't know if you left before they changed this, but some of the 2D polearms (swiss halberd, english bill, long voulge, partisan) now have an alternate mode where they can swing left and right but have reduced damage and/or speed.

I have svaerdstav +3 and like it. It's very versatile - can be swung 4 directions, can stab with a shield, can stab on horseback. and It doesn't have shitty stab damage or reach either. It's a nice compromise between a stabby polearm and a swingy polearm. I loomed it because I really like the "winged spear" shape it has. Shit is literally a sword on a stick.

Spear and boar spear are 1 slot now, and boar spear got rebalanced to 24p on swings and stabs at +0. Interesting but probably not what you're looking for (?)

What type of build would I need for shielder, svaerdstav combo? I definitely want to put my shield on my back a lot.

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I WANT THAT POLEAXE!!!

1.5 mill?

MOAH>?
Sup man I was in that guild years ago. I will trade you for sure. Got a svaesterav and some gold? Actually idk them stats look pretty weak.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 02:20:02 am by Ubereem »
Jackson And No Bank

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 09:49:23 pm »
don't go for cash only trades, inflation is here :)

but your build depends on your current level. 18.24 seems solid for shield/svaerdstav but 18/27 sure is more fun with the speed :)
21/21 is also fine I guess, but svaerdstav is quite a spammy wep
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 12:40:12 am »
I went for 21 21 as hoplite and pretty much enjoyed the time playing it!

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 01:53:53 am »
don't go for cash only trades, inflation is here :)

but your build depends on your current level. 18.24 seems solid for shield/svaerdstav but 18/27 sure is more fun with the speed :)
21/21 is also fine I guess, but svaerdstav is quite a spammy wep
Just so I don't have to buy all these weapons to test out which poles besides the svaerdstav can I use in the same fashion with shield but also 4 way attack? Obviously I know the short spears and such. I think I had MW war spear at one time. Seemed too short for hoplite though.
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
Re: Which Poles Can I use?
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 04:20:36 pm »
Boar Spear and Spear are strong alternatives to the War Spear. Both being shorter but faster with Boarspear having pierce swings that can hurt with their spead. While the Spear has a stronger bite on the stab but weaker blunt side swings. Less popular but still hoplite-able weapons are all staffs and the Practice lance. They are usually faster but being blunt makes them disadvantaged usually as a stab only weapon, yet still possible and devastating when you put the shield away. There is the double sided Lance that is in the same position as the spear. Those are your main choices for 4d weapons you can hoplite with.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 06:17:38 pm »
+1
Boar Spear and Spear are strong alternatives to the War Spear. Both being shorter but faster with Boarspear having pierce swings that can hurt with their spead. While the Spear has a stronger bite on the stab but weaker blunt side swings. Less popular but still hoplite-able weapons are all staffs and the Practice lance. They are usually faster but being blunt makes them disadvantaged usually as a stab only weapon, yet still possible and devastating when you put the shield away. There is the double sided Lance that is in the same position as the spear. Those are your main choices for 4d weapons you can hoplite with.

The Spear has pierce on the swings, unless they changed it since I gave a fuck last. You can pull some absolutely crazy stabs and swings with the spear; I actually find it at least staggers the other guy with minimal damage when you'd expect it to glance.

For a hoplite weapon, I can't attest to its effectiveness so much. As simple 4d, I find it very very good. It does require an aggressive, silly playstyle though. Lucky for me!

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 06:37:07 pm »
It does require an aggressive, silly playstyle though. Lucky for me!

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 07:07:58 pm »
Just checks Spear does do pierce swings
Boar Spear
Swing: 24p
stab: 24p
Spear
swing: 20p
stab: 28p

So if you are mainly stabby stabby hoplite man you probably want the spear out of these two choices unless you go 4d mode about 50% of the time in combat then you should go boar spear. Then again this is just among these two choices.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Zeus_

• The Best Caboose
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 447
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: Zeus
  • IRC nick: Zeus?
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 05:58:42 am »
+1
i didnt bother reading the other recommendations, but the "double sided lance" isnt too bad, never really used it with a shield, but i feel it get over looked, its also couchable if you are cav.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 12:34:48 pm »
+1
The red tassel spear is generally over looked. It is an excellent hipster weapon.
If you are dedicated to hopliting with a 4d polearm consider  war spear, red tassel, svaerstav, spear, boar spear, esatoc, mil scythe and short spear. In this order. Other weapons to consider are throwing lance, longsword (can be hoplited),  bastard sword (can be hoplited).

special mentions
*practice lance
*goedendag
*iron staff
*double sided lance
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 12:49:07 pm by owens »
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2015, 06:24:10 pm »
Red Tassel Spear is practically the same thing as the war spear so I didn't bother mentioning it.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2015, 11:48:43 pm »
+1
Be a man use the ashwood.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 12:37:36 am »
My favourite was ashwood too, cuz it is pretty good without the shield in a 1vs1 too!

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2015, 02:05:29 am »
That boar spear pierce damage looking mighty tasty. I'd go ashwood but don't need MW for that. Plus if I'm going up and down then I want Halberd or American Bill. I used to rektededed long voulge but they took it away.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:08:42 am by Ubereem »
Jackson And No Bank