Poll

Refugees "flooding" Europe are (2 votes max)

Huge problem in my eurocountry
Small problem in my eurocountry
Not relevant problem in my eurocountry
-----------------------------------------------
Help as many of them as possible
Help only a few of them (aka "non muslims" only etc.)
Send them all home
-----------------------------------------------
I'm from Murica
I just want to click somewhere

Author Topic: Refugees "flooding" Europe !NEW POLL!  (Read 91863 times)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Re: Refugees "flooding" Europe
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2015, 03:56:39 pm »
Boko Haram is in Nigeria. You're a few hundred km's off. And the jihadists have been there long before Daesh ever entered the scene. There have been roaming bands of jihadists funded by drug money wandering the impossible to guard borders of the Sahara for decades now. AQMI is more involved than Daesh, and have been since the start.

Yeah I'm fully aware most of Boko Haram's operations are in central africa (not just nigeria) but they have sent quite a few fighters there as part of a joint offensive alongside IS.

According to Nigeria analyst Jacob Zenn, an estimated 80 to 200 Boko Haram fighters are in the Libyan city of Sirte, the site of heavy fighting between ISIL and Libyan government forces.
http://www.worldtribune.com/2015/08/23/boko-haram-strengthens-ties-with-isil-sends-fighters-to-libya/

Like i said people have started leaving Libya and other north african states (in greater numbers) as the government structures have completely collapsed following the Arab Spring.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:03:03 pm by Casimir »
Turtles

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2015, 05:16:13 pm »
+1
What other north African states. Morocco and Algeria have been pouring their migrants into Europe for, again, decades. Same as Egypt. Actual lybian and egyptian war refugees are a tiny, tiny minority of the tens, hundreds of thousands crossing the medditterranean. I know you want to call them ALL war refugees, you can then imply it is our duty to "save" them, because obviously it's our fault the middle east and subsaharan Africa are unstable shitholes full of dictatorships, military juntas and insane theocracies, but everyone is fully aware they are mostly economic refugees claiming asylum.

Hey, I know what, let's let Saudi Arabia, Qatar (and other Gulf Countries) and Turkey take the muslim refugees in.  Most of these countries are much, much richer per capita than any european country, and Turkey is the most developped and "progressive" (hahahahahahaha) muslim majority country in the MidEast/NorthAfrica region. And they bear much more responsability for the salafist and wahhabist assholes waging war against their own people than any euro country. They have the resources, they have the money, they're culturally similar. Turkey at least is bearing the brunt of the syrian refugees, and Jordan is up there as well, but obviously there are already massive ethnic tensions. Funny how it's always NATO and Europe's fault, regardless of who is giving the zealots the cash and arms and material support. The only people the Gulf countries let in are literal slaves or "migrant workers" that are kicked out as soon as they have outlived their usefulness, with zero intention or chance of ever integreating or gaining nationality. Where are all the bleeding heart retards calling for these countries to take in their share? Oh wait, of course, they are uncivilized backwaters so it's completely normal if they are literal racist, arab supremacist cunts, who don't even see syrians as belonging to their ethnicity, much less the malaysian slave labour they import.

We should take in the arab christians, the yazidis, the assyrians, the few armenians still left, the christian Igbo peoples being slaughtered by Boko Haram, the various minorities undergoing all out genocide from sunni fanatics all over the muslim world, because there is obviously not one muslim majority country in which they would be welcome or accepted. They can't even share camps with muslim "refugees" without being violently attacked on a constant basis.

Of course this is a pipe dream, we're going to keep on taking hordes of people regardless, discriminating is raycccciiisss, even if it's completely rational.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2015, 05:53:27 pm »
+1
Actually a lot of the western/subsaharan muslims are completely fine as well. I like senegalese people a lot, for example. Never had any problems with them, never seen a senagalese jihadist filled with loathing and hatred for France and the french people, fantasizing constantly about killing the kuffar.The salafist/wahhabist theologic empire built by Saudi Arabia hasn't penetrated the ancient sufi traditions of subsaharan Africa (the Hausa-Fulani from the interior are a different story) to the point it has in say, Pakistan, a country that went from being dominated by sufi thought to being dominated by deobandi fanatics calling all the ancient traditions shirk and haram, accomplished thanks to the bottomless oil money from SA making sure all the mosques and governments preached a version of Islam closer to their own. They've given up funding the deobandis now though, and are just funding the salafist/wahhabist outright.
Shia Islam is also in every way a better fit for the modern western world than sunni Islam, largely because it was not affected by the backwards looking Asha'rite theology that closed the gates of Ijtihad. Shia terrorism is negligeable compared to sunni, and not just because there are much less of them overall.
So it is a bit reductionist to shit all over Islam for the doctrines of the sunni. It's still the vast majority muslims though, and the ones that have been, yes, flooding europe for decades.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:56:33 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1126
  • Infamy: 2810
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2015, 06:34:11 pm »
Hey, I know what, let's let Saudi Arabia, Qatar (and other Gulf Countries) and Turkey take the muslim refugees in.

They'll be happy to take them as slaves.

Edit: Right wing organizations are strengthening these days in Serbia. They want conflict with immigrants and because of that police has forbid any type of public protest in next two weeks or so. Nothing unusual, main reason why those organizations exist is unemployment (crazy high in Serbia).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:38:10 pm by Leshma »

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2015, 08:48:32 pm »
Historically when EU countries try to help 'reconstruct' war torn countries it creates fairly massive instability that brings a new generation of migrants fleeing their recently wartorn nation a few decades later. Can EU just sit tight and wait for the wartorn parts of the world to sort out their shit? Talk about economic drain, how about the costs involved in any 'git the hell out', or 'save africa' campaign?

Props to Great Britain and France for releasing their overseas mandates and territories in the middle of the Cold War, paving the way for all these dictatorships.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2015, 11:01:15 am »
I wanted to post this in the zombie thread  :P but then read the comments  :P

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2015, 02:03:25 pm »
O Oberyn's posts  :rolleyes:

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2015, 02:35:10 pm »
British muslim convert, no comment. I wonder what happens in most muslim majority nations to apostates and atheists. I'm sure it's not nearly as bad as the constant vilification and "racism" aimed at you by your fellow countrymen. Some people feel contempt and anger at your 5th column self-loathing, oh no, truly the worst thing in the world. Being ostracized, threatened, violently attacked, killed relentlessly by religious zealots for daring to leave their religion and speaking out against it's blatant tribal biggotry is small potatoes in comparison. I feel closer ideologically to the bangladeshi blogger that got macheted to death by a gang of fanatics than I do with you. If I could trade your place for that of a bangladeshi or arab or sahelian or berber or any ethnicity that was not a muslim, that was in fact fighting against the worst and obvious excesses of the religion, I would in a heartbeat.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2015, 02:36:02 pm »
Haha precisely what I meant  :lol:

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2015, 02:40:19 pm »
If you had not converted, would your wife have married you? Would her family have been ok with her marrying a kuffar? Did your family disown you when you, presumably, deconverted from christianity? Did they threaten you with death? Did your friends abandon you? Were you fired from your job? Were you attacked? Did you ever fear for your life? Did the government tacitly endorse all of it?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2015, 02:43:40 pm »
Ironically yes. There were only one or two in her extended family that ever expressed misgivings so that has little to do with it.

Funnily enough in October I'm going to one of my wife's best friends weddings and she's a Muslim marrying an American Christian. Her family are Egyptian and also perfectly fine with it.

I also know a number of former Muslims and all are still in close contact with their families.

That's why I find your posts so amusing. Formed of wide sweeping statements with 0 context other than a few small examples. The kind of rhetoric that inevitably gets people worked with anti [insert subject] feelings all around the world and you're just another following in a long line of sheep.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 02:47:21 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2015, 02:49:00 pm »
So what consequences have there been to you (again, presumably)abandoning christianity and converting to islam? Are you really denying that apostasy is still a sin punishable by, at the very least, complete social ostracization, and at worst mob and government imposed executions in the vast majority of muslim countries? What would happen if you were to try to leave Islam today?
I find YOU amusing, thinking your anecdotal evidence and quranist perspective is in any way representative of the vaster muslim world. Have a look at forums for ex-muslims sometimes, if that isn't forbidden, wouldn't want you to break an arbitrary rule made up by some guy more than a thousand years ago.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 02:53:34 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2015, 02:55:26 pm »
Here, have a joke:

There is no compulsion in Islam.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2015, 03:00:36 pm »
+1
I don't pretend it is. At no point have I suggested my own experiences reflect on the wider world. I am well aware of the wahabi influence in a lot of countries. Particularly, from my own reading in following how many Islamic values have become significantly more conservative over the past couple hundred years as a result of sects such as those gaining prominence, particularly in the mid-19th century.

I am simply saying that you are equally in no position to make such large statements about the wider Muslim world as you so habitually do.

But as ever, Oberyn the keyboard warrior will not let the subject go once his teeth are into it so I'm going to leave it here and respond as I started.

:rolleyes:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2015, 03:01:22 pm »
+2
Ironically yes. There were only one or two in her extended family that ever expressed misgivings so that has little to do with it.

Funnily enough in October I'm going to one of my wife's best friends weddings and she's a Muslim marrying an American Christian. Her family are Egyptian and also perfectly fine with it.

I also know a number of former Muslims and all are still in close contact with their families.

That's why I find your posts so amusing. Formed of wide sweeping statements with 0 context other than a few small examples. The kind of rhetoric that inevitably gets people worked with anti [insert subject] feelings all around the world and you're just another following in a long line of sheep.

Why did you convert if no one gives a shit?