Poll

Refugees "flooding" Europe are (2 votes max)

Huge problem in my eurocountry
Small problem in my eurocountry
Not relevant problem in my eurocountry
-----------------------------------------------
Help as many of them as possible
Help only a few of them (aka "non muslims" only etc.)
Send them all home
-----------------------------------------------
I'm from Murica
I just want to click somewhere

Author Topic: Refugees "flooding" Europe !NEW POLL!  (Read 91606 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1527
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Refugees "flooding" Europe
« Reply #270 on: September 06, 2015, 03:45:44 am »
There was that immigrant in a tram, well dressed in designer clothes. In his forties, very brown. First time I've seen a person spitting inside the bus after clearing his throat. He was arguing with some older dude who sat across him. Old dude spoke serbian, immigrant said something in "arabic". Serbian old man asked why he came here of all the places.

Before he got out of the tram, he approached a teenager who had nice sneakers, Adidas latest I believe. He said something and pointed at sneakers, raised his thumb up with one hand and with other he made a handshake gesture. Kid was stunned first but then took the man's hand in his own. Got out of bus.

Very interesting situation to observe. Certainly the most interesting individual of thirty or so migrants that took same tram for approx. 30 minutes I've spent traveling.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 06, 2015, 03:50:15 am »
He's still eating healthier food than you do. When you want to eat healthy, you need to overpay for organic vegetables and fruit. His shitty place doesn't have Apple Store nearby, but he's still able to buy proper food for his family. Sadly, Monsanto is coming to his place as well. With modified soy, meat and everything else that will give his children colon cancer after spending childhood at local McDonalds.

Dunno why you feel so good about yourself and believe you are in better position. You sold your soul to the devil for a bloody iPhone, Xbox One and 65 inch TV. Which is exactly the reason why your ass is so fucking wide, because you spend your whole day playing with those devices on your couch, while eating garbage.

Keep feeding those cows with modified corn bruh :wink:

There is absolutely no evidence that modified food causes any harm.  This is part of the same quasi science/urban legend type of thinking that "discovered" that vaccinations cause autism.  Leshma you seem to spend plenty of time at your keyboard.  Are you doing laps while you're typing?  I hate to break it to you but it's very easy to eat healthy food in the States and it does not need to be "organic" either.  Fresh local produce is all that's needed while avoiding packaged and prepared foods. 

Oh yeah, iphones, xboxes and 65 inch tvs are quite affordable really if that's what you want to own.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #272 on: September 06, 2015, 09:36:46 am »
I don't know what to think about all this mess up.
Same.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 06, 2015, 11:15:45 am »
+5
It's ridiculous how Europeans let themselves be used as a door mat, media truly has done its work well. America is our only hope now.

These people that act like animals are going to be really fun to be around for women. And Heskey said before that it's fine when "Finns rape women" but guess who's over-represented in the statistics, Finns or immigrants? Guess who women say are harassing them?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:20:17 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 06, 2015, 11:39:03 am »
It's ridiculous how Europeans let themselves be used as a door mat, media truly has done its work well. America is our only hope now.

These people that act like animals are going to be really fun to be around for women. And Heskey said before that it's fine when "Finns rape women" but guess who's over-represented in the statistics, Finns or immigrants? Guess who women say are harassing them?

(click to show/hide)

On a serious note though, Germany is almost as far as Sweden, were media refuse to show a black rapist "because it would be racist".
So, it would be racist to show a black criminal because he is black? Oh what the fuck, are they serious?

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #275 on: September 06, 2015, 01:49:12 pm »

Yeah crime is without a doubt a huge problem second only to the economic impact of migrants, undoubtedly European liberalism is opening us up to abuses.  However I'd like to believe as Europeans we are slightly more humanitarian than simply refusing all immigrants because some might become criminals in the future, its all a bit too minority report for me, you're condemning someone for a crime that part of their demographic group might commit in the future and that's frankly unfair. 

It was not so long ago that our far right newspapers and tabloids were reporting on how the increased prison population was caused by the flooding of European migrants into Britain, laying the blame on Romanians, Poles and other eastern European nationals, something which showed up in increasing prison populations among these nationalities and a strikingly high % of foreign born criminal convictions.  Lies, damned lies, and statistics as always failed to represent the whole truth of the matter by focusing on particular crime sets or excluding certain reports,I don't believe this is the case here but it always pays to be sceptical of any statistics which are presented for such a contentious issue.

Rape particularity is a serious issue, generally and amount migrant communities, and I know this has become a massive problem is Sweden (i believe 2nd highest in the world) but it should be remembered a massive amount of the victims of rape are also immigrants attempting to get away from the societies in which such things are routine.  Russia has condemned the West in recent years for attempting to impose certain morals and ethics on regions such as the middle east and clearly it has had some disastrous consequences, however if we are unable to impose such morality on these places we must do more to impose it upon members of those society who come to ours.  With the vast numbers of migrants coming to Europe it is not enough to assume that they will integrate on their own or that the current systems of integration will help, we must be more forceful with instilling in them what it means to live in a western country, educate them in what ideals you a required to live by if you wish to assimilate, and we must be ruthless with expelling those who refuse to integrate into European society. We must be prepared for the possibility that most if not all will not return and look to the long term issues that will arise from this rather than focussing on short term problems such as crime rates.
Turtles

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 06, 2015, 01:52:41 pm »
+1
What I'd do is accept women and children (in limited amounts -- it still makes no sense to spend a ton of money on immigrants when your own populace needs stuff too) and send the men back.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 06, 2015, 02:22:05 pm »
What I'd do is accept women and children (in limited amounts -- it still makes no sense to spend a ton of money on immigrants when your own populace needs stuff too) and send the men back.

But I'm sure you've seen the footage of that man and his family on the tracks in Hungary, how can you separate a father from his wife and children and expect them to accept it.  If the roles were reversed and you were in their position would you be happy leaving your family in a foreign land where they likely speak almost none of the native language while you returned to your own country with absolutely no guarantee of ever seeing them again, I imagine you would be as distraught and angry as so many of these people are when they are separated from the people they love.  It is very easy to make calculated decisions if you remove the human element from the discussion and view these people as simply a problem, but they are people just like you or I, sure maybe they have different beliefs of education but they still have all the human feelings that are universal.  It's incredibly difficult to justify separating families especially when that may be all that person has left in the world.   I do believe that young, fit and able bodied men should not simply be allowed to move to Europe and live off of refugee support, but that they should be trained and educated and organised into a useful force, military or otherwise, which can return to their homelands to restore order onto them; this should be a condition for seeking asylum anywhere in Europe for such individuals.
Turtles

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 06, 2015, 05:15:24 pm »
+3
But I'm sure you've seen the footage of that man and his family on the tracks in Hungary, how can you separate a father from his wife and children and expect them to accept it.  If the roles were reversed and you were in their position would you be happy leaving your family in a foreign land where they likely speak almost none of the native language while you returned to your own country with absolutely no guarantee of ever seeing them again, I imagine you would be as distraught and angry as so many of these people are when they are separated from the people they love.  It is very easy to make calculated decisions if you remove the human element from the discussion and view these people as simply a problem, but they are people just like you or I, sure maybe they have different beliefs of education but they still have all the human feelings that are universal.  It's incredibly difficult to justify separating families especially when that may be all that person has left in the world.   I do believe that young, fit and able bodied men should not simply be allowed to move to Europe and live off of refugee support, but that they should be trained and educated and organised into a useful force, military or otherwise, which can return to their homelands to restore order onto them; this should be a condition for seeking asylum anywhere in Europe for such individuals.
Life isn't fair and Europe owes nothing to none of these people. You don't have to expect them to accept it. They'd just have to accept it, the end. If the roles were reversed and the options were to either have them with me in a war-torn country that hasn't even heard of civilization, or having them go to Europe without me, I'd be happy as fuck if the latter was possible. Is that an ideal scenario? Maybe not, but this isn't an ideal world we live in. I can't have a Ferrari and a personal jet just because I'd rather travel by plane than by train.

If you want to make rational decisions, then of course you want to remove feelings from the equation. You can't be thinking "ugh all of these women could be my grandmother okay let's let them in the country, and give them five billion dollars each, because that's what I'd want for my grandmother." That's not how good decision-making works. That isn't how effective altruism works either.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 06, 2015, 07:47:41 pm »
I'm not arguing that we owe anything simply that we should make a decision based in morrals  and idealism rather than  being based in realpolitik.  We don't live in an ideal world but if we don't guide ourselves by ideals we are accepting that we never will, to do so is to forsake hope in the future.  I agree it's wrong to doll out support without any rational consideration, but l believe it is right to put humanism before Machiavellian self interest.
Turtles

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #280 on: September 06, 2015, 08:37:51 pm »
+1

The reasoning behind the media blackout is that widely publicizing those statistics will create more of a stigma which they believe will lead to bigger problems. EU countries are bashing on Hungary and Greece for treating the migrants inhumanely yet you have events which aren't covered by the news to show the full story. Most news venues are disgustingly biased either far left or far right and like to either have a good or bad guy portrayed in all their stories and you can expect the truth to be somewhere in the middle.

I really do sympathize with the refugees from Syria who want no part in that civil war, who have lost everything and are trying to find a better life for their families. Germany is a very powerful nation and has the capacity to deal with the entire crisis by itself if need be, although that would not be fair to Germans, however you have to be really naive to believe this massive influx of Muslims aren't going to bring the racism and religious intolerance of the Middle-East with them to Europe.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 06, 2015, 09:43:05 pm »
Germany is a very powerful nation and has the capacity to deal with the entire crisis by itself if need be,

I just wonder what Germany and the whole Europe will do, if in next decade not 800 k or even 3 mln, but 10 or 30 mln of refugees come to Europe. They will take them all?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 06, 2015, 11:16:13 pm »
Germany got it under control. Before Hitlér died he actually did create a secret moon base where all ''qualified'' Germans go to.

#LebensraumOnMoon

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #283 on: September 06, 2015, 11:53:42 pm »
Germany got it under control. Before Hitlér died he actually did create a secret moon base where all ''qualified'' Germans go to.

#LebensraumOnMoon
: :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:02:18 am by Grytviken »

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #284 on: September 07, 2015, 01:25:27 am »
+2
The internet is currently flooded with conspiracy theorists and endtime theorists, fapping furiously to all the material they´re getting atm

I know that this is some serious shit here now, but I just fucking hate it how most of the people go like this

(click to show/hide)

Because being appelled and yelling bullshit is everything low life humen can do. Makes me sick.